Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mouse problems?  (Read 1439 times)

Rakis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mouse problems?
« on: March 31, 2011, 09:30:21 am »

I know most people don't use the mouse much, but I sometimes use it with designations.  It's not working for me in the latest version (31.25).  Well it is and isn't. It IS letting me designate plants to pick, and areas to channel.  It is NOT letting me designate areas to dig, trees to chop, ramps to remove, stone to smooth, or staircases.  It will also let me remove designated areas for picking and channeling, but it won't let me remove any of the aforementioned areas that I have to designate by keyboard. I can also zoom in and out with the mouse wheel just fine.  Mouse is set to "Yes" in the init. 

I'd have reported this in the bug section but I was having difficulty navigating that, I'd say that Mantis is more intimidating than DF's present UI.  Also, I'm not sure it's a bug or if it's just me.  I can still designate everything just fine by mouse in older versions of DF though, 31.18 worked fine anyway.

UPDATE:  On further testing, it is not specific things I cannot designate.  It is a specific area of the screen that I can designate in.  Namely, I can only designate things in the top left corner of the screen.  The exact area does not change with zoom, it is always the same size in squares.  On even further testing, this is only happening in full screen mode.  This was also happening in 31.18, I was just running that in windowed mode.  In windowed mode, if I maximize the screen I can still designate anywhere so that's a possible work around.  I will go back through some of my DF's until I find what version this originated in.

Here's a screenshot of the maximum area I was able to designate by mouse.  http://s972.photobucket.com/albums/ae204/Rolensbucket/?action=view&current=CanOnlyDesignateTopLeft.png
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 10:23:32 am by Rakis »

ahonek

• Bay Watcher
  • Tekeli-li! Tekeli-li!
    • View Profile
Re: Mouse problems?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 09:58:05 am »

I am using 31.25, and I can designate digging by mouse just fine.

Rakis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 10:42:49 am »

I had to go all the way back to 31.05 to run in full screen and be able to designate anywhere on the screen.  In 31.06 the mouse had some problems, it was really unresponsive, only occasionally registering clicks.  As of 31.07 the mouse was back to normal in terms of responsiveness but only the top left was designable in full screen mode.

analog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 12:10:24 pm »

I HAVE had this problem. I would only be able to designate certain parts. Don't remember when or which versions but it went away after a while.

Are you playing legacy or SDL?
A dwarf is a short, bearded, drunk embodiment of Survival of the Fittest, chasing you around and admiring your haunting moos.

Rakis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 01:03:06 pm »

SDL.  I can just work around it by running in windowed mode with 800x600 textures tiles and maximizing the screen from there.  It's not as big a deal to me now that I have that figured out.  I went ahead and submitted a bug report for it though. 

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 03:54:49 pm »

That area in the screenshot looks about the same size as DF's default screen size. Could be relevant.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.