Poll

PULL THE LEVER? [Y/N]

Y
- 281 (87.8%)
N
- 39 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 319

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 189

Author Topic: FailCannon: No Rest for the Wicked (or anyone else) (Succession: Battlefailed 2)  (Read 898227 times)

cappstv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FailCannon: Super Happy Fun Beach (Succession: Battlefailed II)
« Reply #255 on: October 10, 2010, 11:15:09 am »

Yep.
But I have a plan to make sure it doesn't happen again.
Anyway, I figure out how I am going to work the last update in with this one. I don't like the whole idea of saying "This never happen in the story."
The French were adept of the "Losing is Fun" philosophy long before Dwarf Fortress.

Zathel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 10, 2010, 03:11:48 pm »

Yep.
But I have a plan to make sure it doesn't happen again.
Anyway, I figure out how I am going to work the last update in with this one. I don't like the whole idea of saying "This never happen in the story."

The whole multiverse is in chaos. You can't say you can't use this little tiny factor?

cappstv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 10, 2010, 05:50:02 pm »

I didn't said I can't now did I? I need to say something more then the multiverse is in chaos anyway, thats not good story telling, its cheap. When I am saying I know how to work the last update in with this one I mean I know how to make it so it wasn't pointless, that it does have some sort of meaning within the story besides, "Hey look I mess up! Lets redo that."
The French were adept of the "Losing is Fun" philosophy long before Dwarf Fortress.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 10, 2010, 09:03:21 pm »

Premonition?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

cappstv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 10, 2010, 10:51:38 pm »

The Cappstv Letters
The Ripple
If one were to change the future they would also change the past.
The old man woke up with a vision. For as long as he could remember he always receive these visions, one every few seasons. But this time it was different. In the future the old man saw, the future was changed. And how was one suppose to follow a future in which he isn't suppose to believe will be changed?

Lunch With Queen Led
"Good and evil are two things that do in fact exist! I can assure you of this!" Queen Led sighed, she knew inviting a philosopher and a high priest would be a bad idea. "Good and evil are simply ideas, and nothing more. There is no such thing as true evil and no true good. Who can decide what is evil and what is good?" The priest was now enraged and shouted, "Who else but the gods themselves!" The philosopher shook his head at the high priest, "Last I check there wasn't a god who decides what is evil and good." The Queen took a sip  of her soup. She almost had enough of this. "You simply amaze me! How can you not believe in good or evil!" The philosopher once again shook his head at the priest, "Because every man has his own detention of good and evil." Queen Led had enough. "Stop with this conversation, it bores me." The priest's head went down in shame. "Aww, sorry my queen, if you don't mine my asking, what is your views on the subject." Led swallowed and replied, "Neither exists. I use to believe in pure evil, but if such a thing were to exist then it must have its opposite." The philosopher smiled, and took another drink of his poisonous wine. Of course, he had no clue it was poisonous. Seconds later a servant arrived with a letter from FailCannon.

Turkey's Second Letter to Queen Led... Well kinda.
Dear Queen Led,
SethCreiyd has gone mad and I fear cappstv shall loose her head too. Recently she has been seeing the closet thing we have to a therapist here. Well as it turn out cappstv has been writing poetry recently, well you have a look yourself.
Today I will cry
for my darling one, mekboy
I think i shall die

Rather depressing stuff right?
Anyway I must get back to work, NightmareBros was apparently just murdered.
From,
Turkey
Mayor of Battlefailed

Cappstv Speaks out of character again
Ok, I am done for the night. Also I forgot to mention the whole Lur thing in the last update.
So yeah someone before me dwarfed Lur.
And that explains the whole Lur thing.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 10:06:16 pm by cappstv »

NightmareBros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 11, 2010, 09:38:23 am »

NightmareBros was apparently just murder.
???
'murdered', perhaps? if that is that case, I ask for re-dorf.
if the phrase ment 'murderer', then awsome, I just went compleatly psycho.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 11, 2010, 01:26:25 pm »

No. You were murder. You entered a martial trance and killed everything on the map except for yourself including seventeen forgotten beasts and a goblin siege. At the same time.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

cappstv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 11, 2010, 04:01:43 pm »

'murdered', perhaps?
Fix, I need to stop doing these so late at night.

Mekboy

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEGABEAST_EATER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 12, 2010, 10:38:12 am »

I'll assume I'm still dead then.

If so, can I be re-dorfed. Doesn't really matter, someone not too unimportant.

Name: The real Mekboy
Quote from: CatalystParadox
Aw, Mekboy! A song for meeeee?
You're so sweet.  Why don't you just come in here so I can give you a hug.
... bring my pants.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
You seem to be under the illusion that we give a shit about what happens to dwarves who are too dumb to live.

Flagrarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 12, 2010, 10:45:53 am »

I should probably ask for a dorf too, since I'm eventually ( read: probably never, since I'm at turn 23 ) supposed to oversee this place.

Name him/her Pyromaniac.
I've had my name said wrong at least 10 times so far in my whole forum life.
Oh, HORROR! This is clearly a travesty of untold proportions! The typo gods truly have brought their wrath down upon this poor man!

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 12, 2010, 09:34:26 pm »

Dear Queen Led,
SethCreiyd has gone mad and I fear cappstv shall loose her head too. Recently she has been seeing the closet thing we have to a therapist here.

Journal of SethCreiyd, final entry

dwarf of little consequence

The stars are gone!  Where are the stars?  I see, yes, I SEE, YES!  The End approaches its beginning.  The walls draw clothes.  IT will ALL end, ALL OF IT

What I've seen, WHAT I'VE SEEN!  The TEETH of the end!  The land itself is the enemy.

Soon it will be too late.  I must, yes, nobody trusts me, why don't they ever look away?

cappstv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 12, 2010, 11:33:12 pm »

The Cappstv Letters

It awaken. It only awaken when trouble was afoot. It was watching, listening.
"What did you do to him?"
"The old man believes he can see the future. No one can. All he is gifted with is Ura's vision for the future. Ura is a very good guesser, but Ura never thought I would get past the defenses he put in the old man's mind. All I had to do was plant a seed of doubt, show him that not everything will go as plan."
"That's clever even for a goddess!"

It decided to go back to sleep. Whatever is going on, it could wait just for a moment.

The Last Letter
Dear Queen Led,
It is me again, cappstv. Just to let you know this will be my last letter. Mekboy's death has brought me back to reality. And what a horrible place reality is.

I spent the last few months watching my peers decay. We are all angry here, some of us mad. Seth has committed suicide and Lucus is babbling randomly. Do you know how hard it is to watch the people you spent a good part of your life die? And to die not by the hands of a goblin, but the hands of a fellow dwarf?

And then there is this. Me sending letters to someone who cares, not ever directly asking for help, but still screaming for some form of support.
w
And the worst thing of all, I am spying on my fellow dwarfs without even knowing the reason why.

Now if you accuse me, I got a fortress to run. It appears melkorp and Ledi has just gone stark raving mad and dragonshardz has been stricken by melancholy.

From
Cappstv
PS
Go to hell.

Led reaction to this last letter
"I know who is going to get knock off. Servants, fetch me a hit man and a dwarf who has no issues with spying."

The Old Man and Cappstv
"A dwarf went mad the other day. When he awoke and killed a small child and an armorer. The mad man was quickly struck down, bringing our numbers down to 31." The line was of course lost on Cappstv, who had gone completely mad a few days before.
"LucusCasius has died of thirst. That brought our numbers down to 30. And then Twobeard died too. Capps are you paying attention? Capps? Aww, this is pointless!"
Sprout walk away. He would throw a tantrum later because of this and eventually go mad himself. It would be some time after that the old man arrives.

When the old man arrived just after FelcisGreenshirt, Andreus VI, Sprout, and Lur were all struck down by an insane dwarf. Everything was different from his vision. Everything was changed. The old man found cappstv's corpse. It didn't spoke to him. There were no answers here. And so the question remained.

Why is he meant to do this?

Cappstv Speaks out of character for the last time
Im done, 16 dwarfs are left, and the tantrum sprial seems to finally be ending. I will upload the save tomorrow. I need sleep.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 12, 2010, 11:59:54 pm »

Requesting redorfing from whoever gets save next.

Name: LucusCasius
Job:  Second Hand (Medical Preferred, though anything is fine)

cappstv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 13, 2010, 07:30:15 am »

Heres the save: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3262
Heres the save where everything failed for those who are interested: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3263
Oh, and It appears we are running low on drinks.

Well, goodbye FailCannon. It was nice getting to know you.

NightmareBros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 13, 2010, 08:12:58 am »

Oh Glacial, where areeeee yooouuuuuuu
We have a *slight* problem with Battlefailed and it would be nice if you took over and tried to not die.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 189