Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: LP ToEE (LOCKED)  (Read 14941 times)

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play The Temple of Elemental Evil [Blind]
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2010, 07:21:47 am »

Did you install the CO8 patch? You have a max of 6 party members, so I'm assuming you did. Gehehe.

Also, from looking at the posts up there, the party appears to be mostly wizards. This is going to be very fatal very soon.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2010, 07:27:43 am »

Yessir, I got the Circle of Eight patch. Also, I'll be practicing some DM Fiat, and twisting the party to fit what's playable and interesting. I ran a brief battle test/massacre of citizens with the starting party, and I was pleased with the results.

Quite pleased. Bwahahahahahaaaaa!

...aha.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2010, 07:35:32 am »

I intend on posting in this thread so that I may peruse it at a later point and date, good sir.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2010, 07:37:17 am »

Yeah, I'd meant to do an LP of this game at some point.

Actually since yours is an NE party, I'll bet running a CG or LG ToEE LP alongside it would be interesting as well. Gahaha

Also, citizens are commoners, so technically they're easier to kill than a cat. D:
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2010, 07:51:08 am »

Psst, I'm actually running the party as Lawful Evil. Don't tell anyone though, the NE intro was retardedly evil... or perhaps evilly retarded. Either way, I was laughing too hard to play it. But yeah, anyway, go for Chaotic Good! It'll be awesome!

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2010, 07:52:42 am »

GAHAHA

Yeah, well, that it is. I'll see if I can get ahold of fraps soon, probably start my LP tomorrow.

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2010, 12:46:52 pm »

Are characters still accepted? Can you get new ones when old ones die? If the chance to join the party still exists, I'd like an evil cleric with slight multiclassing in fighter.

Edit: To make this a true Parallel LP, I'm adding both evil and good versions of the same character.

Name: Myroc
Race: Human
Stats to Focus On (up to two): Strength and Wisdom, with Constitution trailing behind this.
Class: Cleric (With later multiclassing in Fighter, if possible.)
Alignment: Neutral Evil
God: Nerull
Domains: Evil, Death
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 01:48:52 pm by Myroc »
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2010, 12:56:00 pm »

Posting to watch, and to claim a spot when one opens up. Not sure what I'd play, yet. Guess that depends on what state the party is in at that point.

Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2010, 04:06:08 pm »

Hrm. YOU CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAATED!

Now my halfling monk won't be TN!
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

TheBroodyMoods

• Bay Watcher
  • Slayer of men; Slayer of /hench/ men
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2010, 05:17:03 pm »

Now my halfling monk won't be TN!

Monks have to be lawful.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2010, 07:16:55 pm »

Damn, really? Well in that case, LN. But it still must be a Halfling. Also, put lots of points in Tumble.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2010, 07:24:01 pm »

Damn, really? Well in that case, LN. But it still must be a Halfling. Also, put lots of points in Tumble.

Monks can be pretty deadly in this game but there are some foes that they can't stand up to at high levels.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Chapter 1-1:
Welcome to Hommlet

The sun hangs low in the sky, and evening draws close on the outskirts of the country village of Hommlet. After weeks of travel west from Greyhawk, a haggard Dwarf makes his way down a dirt road, under the dappled shadows of leafy trees. As he passes a derelict oxcart and on into the village proper, he is approached by a small, excited child.

Spoiler: Conversation Log (click to show/hide)

As the boy hurries off, Lassiter turns north. He passes numerous farm houses, residences, and a few shops with hanging trade signs. Many of the villagers give him passing glances, but it isn't too unusual for him; Dwarves weren't very common outside mountain halls or big cities. Having seen no sign of Kent's "badgers" anywhere, Lassiter reaches the Inn, and ducks inside.

The Inn of the Welcome Wench is sparsely populated. A few guards, townsfolk, and travelers are relaxing over food and drink, and the sound of quiet chatter fills the air. The Dwarf takes a moment to look around; an empty Inn is much harder to slip through unnoticed, but fewer patrons meant less witnesses if things went downhill. After studying the layout and a few faces, he hails the Innkeeper; a rather portly man, busy polishing an ale stein.

Welcome to the Inn of the Welcome Wench, sir Dwarf. I'm Ostler Gundigoot. Can I get you something to drink?
Maybe later. I'm here to meet with a Monk named Turuko right now. He should be expecting me.
Hmm, the monk didn't mention anything about meeting a Dwarf, but Turuko's rented out a private room. It's right at the end of the hallway, up those stairs. Just don't go causing any trouble, now.
Oh, I'd never cause trouble for anyone willing to sell me a good Ale, friend. I'll be back.

The Innkeeper gestures toward the staircase across the way from his counter, and the Dwarf climbs the wooden steps. He heads past the upstairs rooms, reaching a closed door at the end of the hallway. Taking a deep breath, and feeling the reassuring heft of his short sword at his side, he knocks. Some quiet words are exchanged beyond the door, and after two heavy footsteps, the door swings inward, revealing a giant of a man who fills the door frame.

Kobort steps aside, keeping his eyes constantly on the Dwarf as he enters, before closing the door behind them. A skinny man with a topknot and reddish robes sits by a small lit fireplace, next to a mail-clad warrior with a longsword hanging at his side. The robed figure stands and gives a slight bow toward Lassiter. His face is friendly, but his smile seems forced.

Turiko gestures to Kobort, and he opens the door for the Dwarf, closing it sharply after he leaves. A secretive bunch, to be sure... and this sword sure must be valuable if they're willing to pay Bounty Hunters like him to go on what might be a wild goose chase. At any rate, it was time to head downstairs and do some networking. He wouldn't get into this situation without knowing as much as possible about the Moathouse. He'd also need to find some companions... but that's what Inns are for!

===>
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 04:51:30 am by Solifuge »

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Chapter 1-2:
A Motley Crew

Kelvyn "Scale", the Shaman

Spoiler: Full Stats (click to show/hide)
Main Skills: Concentration, Spot, Survival, Heal
Feats: Track

A Wild Dwarf Shaman, Kelvyn is a skilled tracker and woodsman. He seems to like snakes and lizards a great deal, and for some reason insists that we call him "Scale". I think it might be some Druidic thing. He doesn't seem too bright or likable, but we'll be scrounging for food and bushwacking enough that his wilderness lore will be welcome.

Nero, the Pyromancer

Main Skills: Bluff, Concentration, Spellcraft
Feats: Spell Focus (Evocation), Spell Penetration

Nero is a young Human Sorcerer, who specializes in fire magic. He's very proper, and if my instincts are right is from a wealthy family. He's certainly got a silver tongue and a pretty face, which can be a good thing to have when you're dealing with people... and I've yet to find a problem that can't be solved with a big enough fireball.

Cormac, the Mercenary

Main Skills: Appraise, Heal, Intimidate, Tumble
Feats: Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Spiked Chain), Combat Expertise, Improved Trip

A quiet, disciplined sort, Cormac is tough for me to get a read on. He strikes me as the soldier type... or perhaps ex-soldier. Either way, he's rather light on his feet for someone wearing heavy armor, and he carries a pretty wicked-looking spiked chain. He's a straight-shooter too, and doesn't muck about with words. I like that.

Tylee, the Priestess

Main Skills: Concentration, Diplomacy, Heal
Feats: Extend Spell, Rebuke Undead

Tylee is a scary little Gnome. She openly wears the robes of Wee Jas, goddess of Death... and has this way of speaking which just slithers around you, all silky and unfeeling. She's skilled in the medical arts, having been apprenticed as a chiurgeon prior to her calling. Who knows, maybe it was all that cutting on cadavers that did it to her.

Riv, the Warrior

Main Skills: Intimidate, Listen, Tumble, Survival
Feats: Power Attack, Cleave

Riv doesn't talk much, and when he does he doesn't speak too well. However, he does have a knack for speaking with his fists. Last night in the Inn, I saw him pick up some drunkard who was heckling him with one hand, and just carry him out the front door. His face is covered in scars, which suggests he's been through enough scraps to hold his own in a tough spot.

Lassiter, the Bounty Hunter

Main Skills: Appraise, Disable Device, Listen, Open Lock, Sleight of Hand, Search, Sense Motive, Spot, Tumble
Feats: Improved Initiative

Lassiter had spent the last evening chatting up villagers and travelers, getting a feel for the area around the old Moathouse, and meeting with adventurers who were interested in exploring it with him. Trying to maintain a low profile, he hadn't informed anyone as to the reasons for his interest in the Moathouse. Some villagers were worried that Bandits were planning raids from the ruins, which was a good enough cover.

It is now morning in Hommlet. The town awakens around the mix of interesting characters standing in front of the Inn of the Welcome Wench. They are discussing how best to approach the Moathouse. They could take Zert on as a guide, but he'd likely demand payment. They also had very little supplies between them, aside from weapons and armor, and may want to visit some local shops first. However, lingering in town wasted valuable daylight, and they have hours of travel ahead of them. What to do?

===>
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 04:52:31 am by Solifuge »

janekk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd do some questing in town before heading out anywhere dangerous. Even if it won't be enough to level up (just look at Nero, 4 hp, one stray arrow and we have dead sorcerer) some extra gold should come in handy.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4