Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Knives: the tale of a thief.  (Read 6644 times)

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
Knives: the tale of a thief.
« on: September 02, 2010, 07:23:15 pm »

You live in a big city. There are tons of houses, streets, and people. your problem is that you have to steal from others to survive. Your current boss ambushed you, and only accepted to let you live if you join his gang. If you refused, you'd be killed. Not wanting to die, you accepted the offer. You were then handed a pair of knives, which you were told were to be used to kill anyone who stood in the way of your missions.

Your boss told you you that you no longer have a name, a life, or anything. You're forced to live with thirty other thieves in their hideout, which surprisingly, is quite nice. There's actual beds with blankets and pillows. Even though, it's not that comforting knowing the next day you'll either have to kill, or be killed.

Each day, you're given the choice of a mission or two. When you complete these missions, you get rewarded. Sometimes you'll get new equipment, some loot, or just better conditions. If you fail, your boss will take all your money, and you'll be closer to getting killed. Sometimes the reward isn't worth your trouble, but you'll still have to do it anyway. You're never told why you have to do these things, but you're pretty sure asking won't get you any answers.

----------------

It's now your tenth day as a thief.

You're standing on top of the roof of a small looking house, looking down at the streets below. Most people can't see you, and even the ones who can seem like they could care less. You notice there's around twenty people moving around the street at a time. You start to think of your current mission. You don't really like it, because it will end in you having to kill somebody. You like the missions where your goal involves stealing, since that doesn't always end in death.

Looking around, you notice the target house down the street. Of course, you could try to get some money now, and kill the target later. Your boss could care less about you being late. If you were to do some stealing, a few houses look like they would be good to loot. There's a small shack, a large apartment, and an average house. The shack and apartment look empty, but the house looks like there's at least a couple of people inside. Then you think about just heading straight for your target: the Mayor's house.

>_

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Equipment (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mission (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
Re: Knives: the tale of a thief.
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 07:27:29 pm »

For a second I thought this was a Scott Pilgrim-based game; then I got sad.

But this looks pretty cool too.

>Make for the average house, and scope out the security.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 07:43:21 pm »

You swiftly jump down from the roof, and run towards the average house. Looking back, it seems you did all of it unnoticed. You wipe a little bit of sweat from your forehead, and then look up. There seems to be some kind of security camera on the inside, which makes you feel this isn't just an average house.

You jump up onto the rood of the house, and find a window looking down into what seems like a living room. There are at least ten people inside, dancing to some slow music. The window seems to be unlocked, which you find slightly odd. Noticing nothing else of interest, you jump down to the backyard.

You quickly get behind a bush when you notice two people in what appears to be a pool. Luckily, it looks like they didn't notice you. You quietly turn your head to survey the rest of the area. It seems there's another two doors, but they both seem locked, and with the people in the pool, you probably wouldn't have enough time to unlock them. You jump back onto the roof, and think about where to go next.

>_

« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 07:00:47 am by eclipsetail »

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 07:41:48 am »

Starting to advertise it, maybe someone will come.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 02:30:29 pm by eclipsetail »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2010, 05:02:11 pm »

Hello, Im here to help Knives! Now, somehow ring the door bell then wait. The person who comes, kill. Sorry about that. Take some of the clothes and try to fashion a CUNNING DISGUISE from the clothes. Scout around.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2010, 06:30:24 pm »

What seting is this in? What level of technology?

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2010, 06:59:29 pm »

What seting is this in? What level of technology?
I was thinking modern.
But you guys could come up with something.
(Posting turn soon.)

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2010, 07:21:01 pm »

>Find a taxi

>Ask to be taken to somewhere really out of the way, with nobody around and no chance of people approaching

>Once the driver stops the taxi and secures it, stab him with knives

>Go through his body and the taxi in search of valuables

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2010, 08:11:09 pm »

You jump down back to the front door. You wait until no one is looking, and then ring the door bell. You quickly head over to some bushes, and wait until a tall man in a dark opens the door. He looks around, obviously confused. After he looks around a few more times, you jump towards him with your knives. The man looks startled, and tries to retreat into the house. Too bad for him, you're faster.

You give a few quick stabs to his stomach, until you're pretty sure you hit something important. You then finish off the man with a stab at the head. You drag the corpse over to the bushes where you were hiding, and examine him. It seems he doesn't have anything with him except for a wallet, which is sadly empty except for a driver's license. You take off his clothes, and put them on over your own. You have a feeling they won't do you much good, especially outside of the house.

After you finish with the corpse, you head inside the house. You walk into a small corridor with a staircase and another door. You guess that all the people you saw are on the higher floor. There are only three ways you can head from inside the house: You could either take the stairs up to the family room, explore more of the house on the ground floor, or just leave the house altogether.

>_

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2010, 05:36:18 am »

>Look around the ground floor. Try to find car keys.

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2010, 05:47:40 am »

Watch.
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2010, 07:29:13 am »

You walk around the rest of the ground floor, and discover two more rooms. One of them is pretty empty, except for a small television and a couch. The other looks like a kitchen, with a fridge, table, and stove. Even though you search really hard, you don't find any car keys. However, you do find some kind of hole letting you see through the ceiling. It's small though, so you can only see people's feet as they pass the hole.

>_

Doret

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm an Alien Roomba....
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2010, 03:49:04 pm »

Carefully sneak up the stairs, scanning around every new area you enter for small valuables. Make sure to AVOID people as much as possible, continue sneaking around and looking for swag. IF someone talks to you, depending on their size, and gender. You EITHER act like someone who's drunk, or a socially awkward nerd who's not comfortable around people. To the big or bigger Male people who try to talk to you act drunk. To the small males or ANY femal that talks to you act like a socially awkward guy and try to weasel your way out. If no one is around check behind every painting, in every drawer, under and in aswell as BEHIND any vase and pick up any small decorations.
Could I ever find a signature as catchy as that?

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2010, 04:11:26 pm »

You sneak up the stairs, trying to be as quiet as you can. When you reach the top, you stand still and listen. It sounds like there's music coming from one of the two doors up here, while the other door sounds silent. You think the quiet door might be safer, so you silently open it, and slip inside.

After closing the door, you look around what seems to be a bedroom. There's three big beds around the room, and a crib in the corner. It looks like something is moving inside the crib, but you can't be sure. Their are toys littering the floor, making you believe this family isn't very tidy.

Something else that catches your eye is chest in the corner opposite of the crib. You walk over to it, but find that it's locked. After using your key on it though, it loudly unlocks. Inside are two things: A picture of a young woman, and a small package.

>_

Doret

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm an Alien Roomba....
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2010, 04:28:43 pm »

Examine the package in a hurried fashion, though careful not to rip it. Check it's weight and guess at it's dimensions. Also shake it slightly to hear if something rolls inside of the package or if something tings against another something. After checking the package guess if it'll be worth keeping and opening later. (the picture IS in a frame right?) If so examine the frame, guess at it's value and if you think it's worth more than 40$ steal it. If it's too big leave it. Check Under the mattresses and bed frames for anything valuable. Look around the room more, and IF it's too dark carefully feel the floor for furniture legs. After locating any furniture check for hinges with which to open drawers, when found open the drawers and search for a wallet. After searching the draws take a peek outside the door, if someone's coming run to the window and try to open it as quickly as possible so you can make a daring escape to the roof. If no one is there leave the house, and keep the clothes.
If someone enters while your in the room, say something along the lines of,"Hi, I heard a noise in hear and came to check it out. I found nothing though, there was this open chest. I just looked into it to see if anything might have been missing. I think there is some stuff missing but I wouldn't know." If they don't believe this say, "I have to go to the washroom. Please let me." And if they don't pull out your knife and dash across the room to grab them, hold the knife to the person's throat and threaten,"IF you tell anyone I was here I will send my friends to rip your guts out." Kick their legs so they fall and run down the stairs and make a noisy exit outta the house. IF you are unsuccessful, just RUN. Running through the window is not an option though.
Could I ever find a signature as catchy as that?
Pages: [1] 2