Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 192

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)  (Read 851214 times)

Shishimaru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/14/12 see first post)
« Reply #1980 on: May 17, 2012, 01:24:37 pm »

DT tells me that my fort is not loaded using Shishimaru's info.
Which version of DT are you using?

With the original version the creatures vector address must be

creature_vector=0x01828988

instead of the one I posted (at least if you are at the embark screen, I think after the embark both values are ok for both versions)

rtg593

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: May 17, 2012, 10:41:08 pm »

Sigh... I had what must have been the most beautiful fluke ever. When I moved an adventurer save over to 08, I tried DT for the fun of it, and it pulled up a dorf! Humored, I considered posting on here to see what would happen if I enabled, say, mining on him, figuring nothing.

Well, the dude sucked with the changes made to the materials (or at least, that's the explanation they gave me on the adventurer thread), so I deleted it, and made a new world...

Now it doesn't pull anything up, just says load a fort first. I'm guessing that's normal behavior... Any way to make it pull up the adventurer, again? It was really handy being able to look at his stats with DT's interface...
Is it because light travels faster than sound,
that people appear bright until you hear them speak?

plaidman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: May 18, 2012, 07:59:57 am »

I've done some quick calculations for the mac client and I think I have everything in order for v0.34.09.ini. Brief testing tells me these are probably good but I'm quite new to this and made a few assumptions based on other posts for the windows version, so tread carefully.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Drug_unit

• Bay Watcher
  • he needs the golden gauntlets to pimp slap whit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: May 18, 2012, 09:03:02 am »

How do you exactly use the autouptater for this?
Dwarven statistics: When something is considered unlikely, the presence of dwarves increases the likelyhood of the unusual event occuring.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Besides, it's somehow enjoyable to think of groundhogs stacked to the very top of a cage and flooding out to kill.
« Reply #1984 on: May 18, 2012, 09:19:37 am »

Is there a way to have DT display more skills? Like Organizer, Bookkeeper, and all the other administrative labors?

I am tired of not having a definitive stock count and it would be much simpler to see who (if any) dorf has the highest Bookkeeper skill if DT actually showed that skill.

Aerval

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: May 18, 2012, 09:46:00 am »

Is there a way to have DT display more skills? Like Organizer, Bookkeeper, and all the other administrative labors?

I am tired of not having a definitive stock count and it would be much simpler to see who (if any) dorf has the highest Bookkeeper skill if DT actually showed that skill.
It's there under social skills. Maybe you didn't find it since in uses record keeper skill?

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1986 on: May 18, 2012, 09:46:29 am »

add the social tab

TeleDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: May 18, 2012, 10:10:40 am »

splinterz, can I somehow add animal attributes to the animals gridview? When I copy animals gridview and add attributes - it starts to display dwarves instead of dogs :(

Hamsmagoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: May 18, 2012, 10:22:56 am »

I've done some quick calculations for the mac client and I think I have everything in order for v0.34.09.ini. Brief testing tells me these are probably good but I'm quite new to this and made a few assumptions based on other posts for the windows version, so tread carefully.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I've been waiting for one that works with osX, so if noone else tries this today, I can confirm it after work, tonight.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1989 on: May 18, 2012, 10:44:58 am »

splinterz, can I somehow add animal attributes to the animals gridview? When I copy animals gridview and add attributes - it starts to display dwarves instead of dogs :(

at the moment no. the animals tab and columns are kind of a hack right now. i've been debating creating some new columns for animal related things with the new changes to training and such, but i'm on the fence about whether or not it's really useful. i usually don't train a lot of animals when i play but if there's enough demand i'll look into it.

TeleDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: May 18, 2012, 11:46:41 am »

mass training/butchering/petting is good, but I would like a good way to sort animals by body fat, muscle ammount and overall size for breading beefy pigs or pocket ponies. Also it would be good to sort dogs for training by  strength and agility.

Heedicalking

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: May 18, 2012, 01:05:40 pm »

How do I update this to the latest version? I know how to edit the ini files but the latest ini i have is for 34.02

thereadlines

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: May 18, 2012, 02:27:56 pm »

Confirming that it works in Linux just fine with the latest build, and with the Masterwork mod. Here's a step-by step for Linux folks needing help (reiteratng from BUILDING.TXT)

# Install the qt4 dev tools:
     > sudo apt-get install qt4-qmake qt4-dev-tools
# Install mercurial:
     > sudo apt-get install mercurial
#Checkout the project
     > hg clone https://dwarftherapist.googlecode.com/hg/ dwarftherapist
#Build the project
   > qmake
   > make
#copy /etc from ./splintermind-attributes to /bin/release/ and make a new directory /bin/release/log 

Now run the program **without an active DF session**. It will download the newest "updates", I'm guessing these are new layouts (is that right?). Once this is done, it will work just fine -- well, at least it hasn't crashed on me yet.

#To run the program:

> sudo ./DwarfTherapist

You do have to run this with superuser permissions, and if you start it with an active DF session without allowing it to update first, it will immediately crash. Hope that helps.

Thanks to all of the programmers here.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 02:30:14 pm by thereadlines »

Theropod Watcher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: May 18, 2012, 03:14:38 pm »

Heedicalking, apparently you need to connect to the version you want any memory layout for, meaning you'll have to download .034.08 and connect Therapist so it'll auto download the memory layout.

DwarfEngineer

• Bay Watcher
  • Grumble Grumble...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: May 18, 2012, 03:48:44 pm »

v0.34.09 Layouts Updated

Layouts are posted for all 3 operating systems and should download automatically.
Note, this is for vanilla Dwarf Therapist only, see post above for splinterz' release.

Direct Download Links:

Will work on a new release with the new skill(s) added to the grid layout & labor updates for next week.
Current Dwarf Therapist Maintainer - Tips
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 192