Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.16 Released  (Read 64566 times)

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.16 Released
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2010, 07:32:47 pm »

.15 added some changes to the raws that you can see in file_changes.txt.  If you don't care about any of those, you don't need to regenerate and can use your old saves to get all of the other benefits.  You can apply some of the changes directly to the raws of your old saves if you want, but some of those, like changing body parts, can be iffy.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

PLANKS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2010, 08:20:23 pm »

Awsome Cheers Bud  :D

Quatch

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_ GRADSTUDENT]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch? Sometimes..
Re: Version 16 World Creation
« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2010, 08:28:38 pm »

Could it have something to do with the good and evil counts? For whatever reason, NO civilzations are being placed, even though there are non-savage good aligned areas everywhere.

As I recall, you need non-good and non-evil (and possibly non-savage) areas for civs to be placed.
SAVE THE PHILOSOPHER!
>>KillerClowns: It's faster to write "!!science!!" than any of the synonyms: "mad science", "dwarven science", or "crimes against the laws of god and man".
>>Orius: I plan my forts with some degree of paranoia.  It's kept me somewhat safe.

Kearn

• Bay Watcher
  • insert witty tagline here
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2010, 09:13:29 pm »

i luv u toady

<3

finally added bone refuse piles
i like goats

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2010, 09:16:29 pm »

Bone refuse pile? Oh hell yea. Thats awesome.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2010, 09:23:49 pm »

New init options:

[WALKING_SPREADS_SPATTER_DWF:NO]
[WALKING_SPREADS_SPATTER_ADV:NO]

I'm setting these to no ASAP.

------------------------------------------------------------------

[WOUND_COLOR_NONE:7:0:1]  No recorded active wounds on the part.  Default = white
[WOUND_COLOR_MINOR:6:0:0]  Any damage that doesn't have functional/structural consequences (might be heavy bleeding though).  Default = brown
[WOUND_COLOR_INHIBITED:6:0:1]  Any muscular, structural or functional damage without total loss.  Default = yellow
[WOUND_COLOR_FUNCTION_LOSS:3:0:1]  An important function of the part is completely lost, but the part is structurally sound (or at least partially intact).  Default = bright cyan
[WOUND_COLOR_BROKEN:4:0:1]  The part has lost all structural integrity or muscular ability.  Default = bright red
[WOUND_COLOR_MISSING:0:0:1]  The part is completely gone.  Default = dark gray

Hey, was this in 31.14?
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2010, 09:28:31 pm »

The wound color stuff is one of the new things that was introduced with the release of .31.

Raufgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2010, 09:31:34 pm »

Ooooo, Bone Piles! Capital, Toady, Capital!  :D :D :D

abadidea

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_8BIT_PROGRAMMER]
    • View Profile
    • 0xabad1dea
« Reply #53 on: October 04, 2010, 10:55:04 pm »

Medicaid worked perfectly. Woodcutter got mangled by a harpy and he was up and about in under a minute. Never had it go so smoothly. Mega thumbs up!
ABadIdea likes bandfire opal, black opal, claro opal, crystal opal, fire opal, harlequin opal, jelly opal, levin opal, pinfire opal, precious fire opal, red flash opal, white opal, and microcline for its vibrant hue.

glory in the thunder, resplendent in the sky <-- I wrote a whole novel. There will be more.

Juason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2010, 12:46:22 am »

Military dwarves holding multiple weapons in the same hand appears to be easy to reproduce.  If you give them a metal uniform and wait for them to pick up a weapon, then go in and change the weapon they are using manually, they will end up with 2+ items in their right hand.  Oddly enough they don't seem to use any of them and my fort consist primarily of wrestlers :/  Archers also seem really bugged.  I see a few broken arrows near my archery targets - and they all have crossbows, quivers and bolts, but only rarely do they ever fire.  5 years and my marksdwarves are still only aequate.

Hope that helps narrow down some of what is going on.

Maninblack144

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2010, 12:50:06 am »

I'm wondering. If you have a vanilla .14 save and want to bring it over to .16, would it be possible to simply replace the save's raws with the new version in the .16 game folder?

bcd1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2010, 01:24:43 am »

(*)added spatter init options (dwarf mode defaults to no walking spread of spatter)
   (*)allowed skull/bone/shell/tooth/horn settings from refuse pile

My hero!
This is a feature, not a bug, correct?
You're playing Dwarf Fortress.  There isn't much of a distinction.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #57 on: October 05, 2010, 02:05:27 am »

Medicaid worked perfectly. Woodcutter got mangled by a harpy and he was up and about in under a minute. Never had it go so smoothly. Mega thumbs up!
Good doctoring was .31.12 (or earlier) already, in my experience. Lovely suturing. Hope to see Crutch-walking happening in .31.20... Steel boots and leggings are high priority armor, as cut leg nerves = fate worse than death, begging for people to bring water. Arm gone, no problem, carry on partying! (Of course one can cheat and make nerve tissues heal slowly.)

Toady, any chance of a broken wrist not preventing "walk to the drinks barrels"?

I see a few broken arrows near my archery targets
5 years and my marksdwarves are still only aequate.
Try sending the shooter squad chasing wildlife. Higher bow skill also gives longer range!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 02:12:32 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2010, 02:40:53 am »

There doesn't seem to be an update_savegame.bat in 14-16. Are they unnecessary? Could we get some info on savegame compatibilty from previous versions?

I think I've seen that update savegame in the 'lazy newb pack' or something, you may get it from there

FleshForge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2010, 03:32:55 am »

I'm pretty sure the savegame updater is version-specific - I don't think Toady answered this, would like to hear whether this is still required or if older saves are auto converted or what.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15