Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1416 1417 [1418] 1419

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1777744 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #21255 on: June 05, 2023, 06:23:18 pm »

Just had a big grizzly bear walk over the knoll about a hundred yards away from us, while we were out playing with the dogs and working in the yard. The dogs wanted to go chase it, we had to yell quite a bot to get them inside and grab the gun. The bear didn't go anywhere until I shot at it, and then stopped every 50 yards to look back at us.

I bet that's what the dogs have been barking at every night. Probably coming down to the pond to drink.

[Edit]

There was another, smaller bear on the other knoll that just ran off. Probably a sow and a yearling.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2023, 06:40:28 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21256 on: June 06, 2023, 02:35:23 am »

Damn man you gotta be careful with those things that close.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #21257 on: June 06, 2023, 06:49:59 pm »

grind their bones to make your... breard?

For some reason that portmanteau is mildly discomforting to even look at :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21258 on: June 09, 2023, 06:14:27 pm »

Just had a big grizzly bear walk over the knoll about a hundred yards away from us, while we were out playing with the dogs and working in the yard. The dogs wanted to go chase it, we had to yell quite a bot to get them inside and grab the gun. The bear didn't go anywhere until I shot at it, and then stopped every 50 yards to look back at us.
"Well damn dude, you didn't have to shoot at me."
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #21259 on: July 12, 2023, 11:15:32 am »

Road on the interstate on the way home had some kind of... strip of damaged/different/clearly-out-of-place-material that made the wheels on the car make some kind of hellish grinding noise, kinda' like someone was taking a friggin' belt sander to the car or somethin'.

Scared the hell out of me for the bit of time it took to figure out that it wasn't, in fact, my car coming apart underneath me, just shoddy infrastructure making a racket.
Ask not!
Ask!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #21260 on: July 12, 2023, 11:34:26 am »

That may well have been a pavement experiment. You see long stretches of clearly different pavement all over the place - they want to see how a proposed new material handles traffic and weather.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #21261 on: July 12, 2023, 12:26:05 pm »

It... could be? Didn't look like it, though, it wobbled all over the street and for more than just one or two miles. Also wasn't a large strip... looked like maybe as wide as a dollar bill, something like that. If I had to guess, it'd be that something or another dragged along the pavement for a long ways, or something along those lines.

... but it could be intentional, sure. Whoever decided to do it should be beat about the head and shoulders with a bundle of sticks, because the sound it's causing is pretty bloody horrible.
Ask not!
Ask!

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21262 on: July 12, 2023, 12:34:36 pm »

It's not like those rumble strips they have along the sides of freeways is it? They're used to keep drivers alert if they're veering off the road.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #21263 on: July 12, 2023, 12:46:22 pm »

Nah, not even a little. It wasn't along the side of the road, it was right in the middle of it (and everywhere else; like said, it meandered all across the interstate). Kinda' like the line a garbage truck can leave behind it if it's leaking, just... not liquid. Looked similar to that, even, except again, going over it with your tires made a sound similar to a bloody belt sander. If it wasn't an intentional thing, it was road damage of some sort.
Ask not!
Ask!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #21264 on: July 13, 2023, 02:53:12 am »

"Well damn dude, you didn't have to shoot at me."
"Is he following me?"

[looks back]

"He's just standing there... Menacingly..."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21265 on: July 13, 2023, 04:02:49 am »

Nah, not even a little. It wasn't along the side of the road, it was right in the middle of it (and everywhere else; like said, it meandered all across the interstate). Kinda' like the line a garbage truck can leave behind it if it's leaking, just... not liquid. Looked similar to that, even, except again, going over it with your tires made a sound similar to a bloody belt sander. If it wasn't an intentional thing, it was road damage of some sort.
Sounds like it might be a poor attempt at a patch for a crack in he pavement.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #21266 on: August 29, 2023, 05:33:54 am »

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21268 on: August 30, 2023, 08:59:11 pm »

I consume
I purchase
I consume again

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21269 on: August 31, 2023, 05:51:42 am »

I've met people that I'd swear had brain worms.
Pages: 1 ... 1416 1417 [1418] 1419