Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 77

Author Topic: BYOR5.5 - Day 9: Just Kidding. Game Over.  (Read 124324 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: [FULL!] BYOR5.5: Filling The Void
« Reply #60 on: December 13, 2010, 01:33:06 pm »

Later tonight. I've got roles fairly well rolled.

I just need to fix a few things in order to... Err, make sure everyone is able to play...

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 13, 2010, 02:14:21 pm »

(Ready!)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 13, 2010, 09:02:53 pm »

I think the roles are done, but I'm gonna look over it real quick to make sure there's no snafus.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 13, 2010, 09:09:45 pm »

I think the roles are done, but I'm gonna look over it real quick to make sure there's no snafus.
Rather eager to get started, but I approve of double-checking.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 13, 2010, 09:51:47 pm »

"Whoever decided to have a dress-up Halloween party is gonna die," I yelled out angrily, holding the sheet over me. I had decided cleverly decided on a Toga as my costume. It was an easy costume. Unfortunately, I had stupidly forgotten to wear undergarments. Sadly to say, the joke was on me.

It was at that time I walked into a rather strange room. There were thirteen people, all sitting in a circle in these weird costumes. I asked one of them what they were doing, but they all ignored me.

"Hey!" I yelled at one of them, attempting to tap one of them on the shoulders. My hand went through him. I freaked out accordingly and headed towards the door. It was already shut.

I was panicking at this time, but I could hear there whispering. They were arguing over something. These... ghosts... were talking to each other, and I was stuck watching them.

It is now Day 1.

Vote Count
------------------------
Zathras -
Pandarsenic -
Org -
Ottofar -
Argembarger -
Toaster -
Archangel -
MysteriousBluePuppet -
IronyOwl -
Jokerman-EXE -
NativeForeigner -
Nirur Torir -
Mr.Person -

Not Voting - Zathras, Pandarsenic, Org, Ottofar, Argembarger, Toaster, Archangel, MysteriousBluePuppet, IronyOwl, Jokerman-EXE, NativeForeigner, Nirur Torir, Mr.Person,

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR5.5 - Day 1: Ghostly Meeting
« Reply #65 on: December 13, 2010, 10:09:28 pm »

Woohoo! It's on! Toaster, what do you think is meant by the ghostly flavour? Are we here, or are we not? Do you think the costumes worn by the ghosts will have a common theme? If so, what is it?
My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 13, 2010, 10:26:07 pm »

I think it's merely flavor flavor.  I'm here, as far as I know.  No common theme- everyone chose their own costume!

Archangel:  Did you remember to wear undergarments?  Also, tell me two people here you'd want to be on a scum team with.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 13, 2010, 10:28:12 pm »

Well Org, we all know that 13 is unlucky. Do you think you will be lucky this game and get to day 2 ?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 13, 2010, 10:35:48 pm »

MysteriousBluePuppet, I have never played a game with you. What is your day 1 strategy?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 13, 2010, 10:41:01 pm »

Pandarsenic, who would you most want on your scumteam? Who would you most want to have a powerful role?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 13, 2010, 10:42:42 pm »

Nirur Torir, how experienced are you with the game of Mafia? And who do you think would be the best scumbuddy for you?
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 13, 2010, 10:47:33 pm »

MysteriousBluePuppet, I have never played a game with you. What is your day 1 strategy?

Neither did i

For your question,  mostly checking the rvs, then hunt scum while looking fabulous.

WHat game have you played before ? I may have the time to go see them to make a better opinion of you.  Same goes for Native, from what ive heard you were in a beginner and it did go south something fierce,  would like to see why.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 13, 2010, 10:49:09 pm »

I think it's merely flavor flavor.  I'm here, as far as I know.  No common theme- everyone chose their own costume!

Fair enough, unvote. But, although each one chose their own costume, do you think there is a common theme on how the costumes interact with each other, the fact that they were immaterial, or the whispering? is there another interesting thread at which to pull?

Argembarger, what's your take at the flavour? and what do you think would be a good strategy for this kind of game?

Mr.Person, similar questions: talk about flavour, and tell us about your thoughts about pro- and anti- town factions for this game, please?

Oh, and before I forget, Vengekill Pandarsenic!  8-P

My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 13, 2010, 10:51:00 pm »

Oh, and before I forget, Vengekill Pandarsenic!  8-P

KIll the hooven doom!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 13, 2010, 10:51:54 pm »

Nirur Torir, how experienced are you with the game of Mafia? And who do you think would be the best scumbuddy for you?
I've played a few games only on the Bay12 forum (5-7, maybe?), although I've only played one game in the last few months. I consider myself to be somewhere between "novice" and "moderately skilled."

Mr.Person. His abrasive criticism of my play style would encourage me to improve my skills.

WHat game have you played before ? I may have the time to go see them to make a better opinion of you.
My only recent game was Sorceror's Apprentice II. (I shall say no more about it until it's over.)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 77