Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 77

Author Topic: BYOR5.5 - Day 9: Just Kidding. Game Over.  (Read 122544 times)

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR5.5 - Day 3: Mr.Person Got Better
« Reply #600 on: January 07, 2011, 03:08:00 am »

Quote from: IronyOwl
Ottofar and Org, you're still not doing anything. Why not?
I'm actually doing  more than in my  average  game, IMO.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: January 07, 2011, 04:48:02 am »

I hate to sound like a broken record, but this game really is that big and I seriously haven't been keeping up. Lemme at least answer the questions poised at me. Oh, and unvote, since my opinion is completely baseless.

It's a revivocult, all right.

Mr. Person., why did you revive?

Or rather, prove us you and Zathras aren't cultists.

I might actually be able to do that, depending on how things go. For now, though, all I can say is nope.avi

It's a revivocult, all right. Mr. Person., why did you revive?

I'd remind you that if there's a revivocult, you're part of it. You revived as well, and have failed to account for it (other than a present from Santa Wuba, which I find laughably unlikely).

But yeah, Person, what 'up with that?

I dunno. There's probably some sort of risk and/or drawback to reviving, though. Man I wish I knew why I was revived, it would make things so much easier.

... I'm most interested in hearing from Pandar, Nirur, and Person as to if they found out anything at night....

I didn't even learn anything the night I died, sadly. I tried to buy Jokerman, hoping to get a kill or something.

Still haven't reread at all, but at least I'm going through the thread now.

The flavor of the revive I got was me being dead when all of a sudden a giant hand appears and pulls me back from death. After getting dragged back to Earth, I found myself alive with a new role with new abilities.

Without reading anything or with any information to go on, I'm going to drop a vote on Pandarsenic, since I thought he was scum before I died.

Would you mind detailing your new role?

Yes, I would mindNativeForeigner. That's some pretty blatant rolefishing there. Why exactly do you want me to roleclaim?

As for your questions: a) mostly because I was revived without becoming cult, so it seems plausible to me that it's not the case. I'm not opposed to people considering or investigating the possibility, I just don't see it as likely. There's something else going on, but I don't know what. And b) I don't know that a mass-block is easy to repeat, or we'd do it every night and just lynch the scummiest every day based on day-play; scum wouldn't stand a chance without night actions. But maybe people feel like playing with haikus again? I'm game if you guys are.

You don't see it as likely? Alright. No no, don't ask me any questions to determine for sure if there's a cult, I don't mind, just throw baseless opinions around like they're candy. It's not like I'm alive or anything.

A) But how do we know you're not cult? Or Mr. Person for that matter. I'm not sure any of us can answer this question right now, which worries me. The dead being constantly revived just doesn't settle well with me, which is why I suggest considering lynching one of the revivees to see the flip. (Brutal, yes, but the only sure way to know).

So how would this help us catch the scum? Oh, what's that? It doesn't? You're just trying to waste everyone's time and let the scum slip by? Good try, NativeForeigner. Care to explain why you don't seem to care at all about catching scum?

Well, those revive are somewhat creeping me out. On the contrary to Zath, i believe the revivocult is more than likely. Basically, if you get revived as townies, this game is basic auto-town win. Unless the scum find the reviver, kill him without him being protected nor blocked , all that before day 3 or so (since after that the revived hold majority vote, and well they can just revive the lynchee anyway) the game is uninnable for scum. Getting revived with old aligment is right out, why would a town-reviver revive a SK ? Only realist outcome i see is a reviver that bring back people back under his control or a cult.

I would put pandar as the master of that cult. Zathras diligent hunt of Toaster is appreciated, but yet i havent seen him do much looking at Pandar wich sounds rather odd to me. Let it be clear, i have trouble with Toaster claim, i don't see how a prison thingy goes with chernobyl, and meltdown could be a gamebreaker if it is for the whole game.

Basically, i like Native idea of lynching a revivee. I'm aware it's not something to do on a whim, but that kind of information is vital, and if we dont get it soon and we are facing a necrocult it will be too late to turn the tide. In this case i would choose
Zathras since
1)His power is extremely usefull for a cult, if he still have it
2)He his a good scumhunter, yet seem way too blatant about minimising the revivecult. It strikes me as odd that an experienced player toss the possibility aside like that.
3)He implied that there may be more than 1 revive source. Thats extremely unlikely. His argument for that was a difference in the flavor text, wich is not something we should take as granted, especially under th word of one of the possible cultist. 

Wait, you're trying to lynch someone you think is a cultist? Really? Do you even know how cults work? You want to lynch the cult leader, lynching the cultists just results in the cult getting stronger.

So why aren't you asking any questions?

MBP: What can you say to convince us that you're not a cultist leader? Who do you think are Jokerman's scumbuddies, and why aren't you after them? You seem to think Pandar is some flavour or other of scum, so what do you propose to do about it?

So wait, earlier you thought a cult unlikely but now you're questioning MBP about him being cult leader? How does that make any sense? What, you want me to believe a townie revived a serial killer and a cult revived a townie? You're not making any sense, Zathras.

Also, why the fuck did Nirur Torir roleblock Pandarsenic? "Durr, I'mma roleblock the player WITH AN EASILY CONFIRMED, KILL STOPPING ABILITY!". If you hadn't of roleblocked Pand, there would of been no NK and we'd of had a free lynch. Sure, we got lucky and revived a townie and still had no kill, but that doesn't mean roleblocking Pand is ok. In fact, the only players who would want to roleblock a player stopping the scum would be... the scum! So Nirur is second scummiest right now. And I've barely reread anything!
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: January 07, 2011, 07:58:26 am »

Lynching a supposed cultist is mostly to see the flip. I am aware of the danger, especially since a revivo cult number grow more steadily than those of a normal cult
With a bit of luck we can get some information about what power the rezzed people got. I would indeed prefer if we lynched the cult leader, but since we don't know who it is exactly, it may at least give us some insight on what we are facing.
By the same token, if you guys got revived with new powers, why are you so reticent to claiming. Frankly, i doubt that you guys got shiny cop or guardian power. Blocker also would not make sense. Aint many more power possible, maybe limited redirect or the like.

Questons are nice but i doubt that if you guys are a cult you will answer truthfully. Meh,
Do you know who resurrected you ? If yes, was it Pandar ? Do you owe the reviver allegiance? Do you have a chat ? Did your win conditions change ?
Are you if the revive is usable only once per player (as in, if one of you get lynched, can you be raised again) ?
Since right now only Pandar has admitted to a revive and he was apparently blocked last night, does someone else claim that revive ?

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: January 07, 2011, 08:23:40 am »

To make it clear.

I used my power on Zathras day 2, since i suspected him as a cult. I received no message from Web that i got blocked, redirected etc. The weird thing is that I also did not receive the post i should have received if my action had worked. Thus, the possibility :
1)Zathras is immune to this kind of action.
2)My action got delayed somehow. It's somewhat unlikely that we got 2 roles with delay powers.

Those are the more likely explanations. Option 1) would push me more in the Zath is a cultist direction, since there is no town advantages to be immune. Option 2) is possible but quite unlikely.

Finally i followed your link. Can fully agree that i don't always pay perfect attention, and also that hunting is not my strongest suit. Still, back day1 I was pretty much stuck on irony once i started paying more attention to him ( initiated by the buddying accusation) I was fairly certain that we had found scum, and Zath scumflip was like the cherry on the sunday. Considering the game from that point on tho, i don't think that irony is a scum.  Quite frankly at this point i'm convinced of a revive cult and id rather see it down right now than later.

I'm not sure that,s what you wanted. I havent seen any question in the post you linked, but i should be back later to answer if you got something to ask.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: January 07, 2011, 09:28:37 am »

Zathras:
Toaster, please give me your impressions on the scumminess of Argembarger and Org, cult aside. Out of MBP, Arg and Org, which one is the most likely to be Joker's scumbuddy?

Arg is seriously lurky and noncommittal, even before asking for a replacement.  I'd intensively grill any replacement.  Org... Org has shown continual capability to be completely useless even while town, so I'm going to have go to with "I have no idea."  Out of those three, MBP- he's just plain scummy.

On Arch and the hammer:  Right, yes, but it's a power in the same vein- day ending.

Arch:  "No comment" on lack of kill?  I asked "Do you have any explanation for a lack of a kill last night?"  If you had said "No," I wouldn't have looked twice.  "No comment" just tells me you DO know something, but just don't want to say.  What DO you know about it?

MBP:  Ok, that makes sense. 

Questions for you:  Who do you think is mafia and why?    Who do you think is the cult leader and why?  Do you think all four of the people that have revived are cult?  If not, which ones are and are not, and why?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: January 07, 2011, 10:02:06 am »

Also, why the fuck did Nirur Torir roleblock Pandarsenic? "Durr, I'mma roleblock the player WITH AN EASILY CONFIRMED, KILL STOPPING ABILITY!". If you hadn't of roleblocked Pand, there would of been no NK and we'd of had a free lynch. Sure, we got lucky and revived a townie and still had no kill, but that doesn't mean roleblocking Pand is ok. In fact, the only players who would want to roleblock a player stopping the scum would be... the scum! So Nirur is second scummiest right now. And I've barely reread anything!
Do you believe that Pandarsenic has both 3+ extra lives and is willing to throw them away for a single night of stopping all night actions?

I don't. As I believe him a liar, I saw and continue to see no reason not to block him until we lynch him to test his immortality theory.

Should I be wrong and he instantly revive when killed a second time, I shall reassess the possibility of it being true that night. Not before then.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: January 07, 2011, 01:32:03 pm »

Do you believe that Pandarsenic has both 3+ extra lives and is willing to throw them away for a single night of stopping all night actions?

I don't. As I believe him a liar, I saw and continue to see no reason not to block him until we lynch him to test his immortality theory.

Should I be wrong and he instantly revive when killed a second time, I shall reassess the possibility of it being true that night. Not before then.

You are attempting to run down my revives so I cannot use my multidraw.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: January 07, 2011, 02:14:41 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
Pandarsenic - Nirur Torir, IronyOwl,
Org -
Ottofar -
Argembarger - Zathras,
Toaster - NativeForeigner,
Archangel -
MysteriousBluePuppet - Toaster,
IronyOwl -
Mr.Person - Ottofar,
NativeForeigner - Mr.Person,
Nirur Torir -
Zathras - MysteriousBluePuppet,

Not Voting - Archangel, Org, Argembarger, Pandarsenic,

7 To Hammer. Day Ends Monday 9 PM Central.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: January 07, 2011, 02:20:02 pm »

Still haven't reread at all, but at least I'm going through the thread now.

The flavor of the revive I got was me being dead when all of a sudden a giant hand appears and pulls me back from death. After getting dragged back to Earth, I found myself alive with a new role with new abilities.

Without reading anything or with any information to go on, I'm going to drop a vote on Pandarsenic, since I thought he was scum before I died.

Would you mind detailing your new role?

Yes, I would mindNativeForeigner. That's some pretty blatant rolefishing there. Why exactly do you want me to roleclaim?

A) But how do we know you're not cult? Or Mr. Person for that matter. I'm not sure any of us can answer this question right now, which worries me. The dead being constantly revived just doesn't settle well with me, which is why I suggest considering lynching one of the revivees to see the flip. (Brutal, yes, but the only sure way to know).

So how would this help us catch the scum? Oh, what's that? It doesn't? You're just trying to waste everyone's time and let the scum slip by? Good try, NativeForeigner. Care to explain why you don't seem to care at all about catching scum?

Yes, it is blatant. I want you to roleclaim because it could either help or hinder your case. I want to know your previous role as a townie and your role now to see what kind of changes happened. Why are you so hesitant to share, Mr. Person?

You're right, it wouldn't help catch scum at all. Because it's trying to catch culstists.  I want to catch scum, that's why I went after Jokerman yesterday and was intending to go after Toaster today. But it's more important to nip a cult early, they grow in size. Scum doesn't. However, we're not sure, so I suggested lynching a revivee to see the flip. If it's cultist, we try to find the leader. If it's town, we don't waste our time. I'm not the only one who likes this idea and it'll prevent town from losing later in te game to a cult.

Unvote

So why are you so against cult-hunting, Mr. Person? It seems like you're afraid of being discovered. Through your actions, you're my candidate revivee to lynch.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: January 07, 2011, 02:29:19 pm »

Note that so was Zathras.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: January 07, 2011, 02:33:41 pm »

Person:  You missed this:

Person:  Do you have a new alignment as well?  Do you like your new or old role better?

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: January 07, 2011, 07:23:36 pm »

Arch:  "No comment" on lack of kill?  I asked "Do you have any explanation for a lack of a kill last night?"  If you had said "No," I wouldn't have looked twice.  "No comment" just tells me you DO know something, but just don't want to say.  What DO you know about it?
No. Comment.
I'd just like to repeat how little I care about this game.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: January 07, 2011, 07:28:20 pm »

Questions for you:  Who do you think is mafia and why?    Who do you think is the cult leader and why?  Do you think all four of the people that have revived are cult?  If not, which ones are and are not, and why?

Mafia,  i dont have any much to show. You are a possibility, and so is Archangel, Argem, etc. More to the point, id rather say those i don't suspect: Ottofar (modkill and revive) Zath and MrPerson(cult, not mafia). really, id need to check it more in detail, but for now i'm really REALLY stessed at a cult. If we dont get the leader before day 4-5 hell get vote majority and nothing good will come of it .

PPe

Wow Archengel...  way to shit on the parade.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: January 07, 2011, 08:28:38 pm »

Wait, you're trying to lynch someone you think is a cultist? Really? Do you even know how cults work? You want to lynch the cult leader, lynching the cultists just results in the cult getting stronger.
I don't know how cults work, please explain how lynching potential revivocult members to see their flip strengthens them.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: January 08, 2011, 04:52:49 am »

Lynching a supposed cultist is mostly to see the flip. I am aware of the danger, especially since a revivo cult number grow more steadily than those of a normal cult
With a bit of luck we can get some information about what power the rezzed people got. I would indeed prefer if we lynched the cult leader, but since we don't know who it is exactly, it may at least give us some insight on what we are facing.
By the same token, if you guys got revived with new powers, why are you so reticent to claiming. Frankly, i doubt that you guys got shiny cop or guardian power. Blocker also would not make sense. Aint many more power possible, maybe limited redirect or the like.

Questons are nice but i doubt that if you guys are a cult you will answer truthfully. Meh,
Do you know who resurrected you ? If yes, was it Pandar ? Do you owe the reviver allegiance? Do you have a chat ? Did your win conditions change ?
Are you if the revive is usable only once per player (as in, if one of you get lynched, can you be raised again) ?
Since right now only Pandar has admitted to a revive and he was apparently blocked last night, does someone else claim that revive ?

Seriously? You can't figure out why I don't want to claim? Really? I'm not claiming for the same reason we haven't MC'd already; I want to deny the scum information. The only reason you'd pry into this so much is because you're scum, since townies don't care what roles the other players have.

And your reasoning for not asking questions is laughable at best. By your logic we should never ask anyone questions ever.

I'd bet that scum Pand making that claim would nokill to further his own case. And if he's short on kittens, then roleblocking him is obviously just a waste of time. So yes, I do believe that if you hadn't of blocked Pand we still wouldn't of had any kills since I do think Pand would of multidrew. Of course, I wouldn't bet on Pand having 6+ kittens, so go ahead, block Pand, but you're the one who stopped Pand from roleconfirming his multidraw. If you had stopped to think about this, you would of realized that when you claimed you were going to block Pand, scumPand obviously wouldn't do the nightkill since he was going to be roleblocked. So you had no chance to begin with of blocking the nightkill. So all you did was make Pand waste kittens, which if he's mafia, is probably a fake claim anyways, so  you've only made town-Pand waste resources and scum-Pand waste nothing. Good show!

Do you admit you were in the wrong now or are you going to be ultra stubborn that your stupidity was correct?

Yes, it is blatant. I want you to roleclaim because it could either help or hinder your case. I want to know your previous role as a townie and your role now to see what kind of changes happened. Why are you so hesitant to share, Mr. Person?

You're right, it wouldn't help catch scum at all. Because it's trying to catch culstists.  I want to catch scum, that's why I went after Jokerman yesterday and was intending to go after Toaster today. But it's more important to nip a cult early, they grow in size. Scum doesn't. However, we're not sure, so I suggested lynching a revivee to see the flip. If it's cultist, we try to find the leader. If it's town, we don't waste our time. I'm not the only one who likes this idea and it'll prevent town from losing later in te game to a cult.

Unvote

So why are you so against cult-hunting, Mr. Person? It seems like you're afraid of being discovered. Through your actions, you're my candidate revivee to lynch.

I'm guessing I found you out so you're trying to OMGUS and misdirect everyone into making me the bad guy here when you're the one fucking up. Alright.

You want me to roleclaim because you said so. I don't want to roleclaim to hinder the scum. Hindering scum is FAR more important than proving I'm not in a cult. I am no longer answering questions that are at all related to my role.

But see, you're not asking questions or even attempting to figure out if there's a cult, you just want to lynch players who would be cult members. This doesn't make sense. A townie would be asking questions. A townie would be trying to find the cult leader. So not only are you just instantly assuming there's a cult without any evidence, you're also trying to stop a cult in the worst way possible. You don't care about the cult, you're just jumping at the chance to get an easy mislynch.

Person:  You missed this:

Person:  Do you have a new alignment as well?  Do you like your new or old role better?

I didn't miss it, I skipped the question. Thanks for reminding me about your blatant rolefishing, Toaster, I would of forgotten about it if you hadn't of brought it up.

No, I do not have a new alignment.
No comment.

I don't know how cults work, please explain how lynching potential revivocult members to see their flip strengthens them.

Let's just say there's 12 players and a 3-player cult. One of those cult member is the leader while the others are vanilla members. The town lynches a cult member. There's now 11 players with a 2-player cult. The cult converts a player. There's now 11 players with a 3-player cult. The cult has a higher cult member/townie ratio, so the cult holds more of the town's votes. In other words, the cult is stronger.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 77