Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 44

Author Topic: Legends Viewer 1.13 (v40 Compatible)  (Read 309682 times)

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer 1.04 (Added Event Filtering)
« Reply #60 on: December 27, 2010, 06:34:27 pm »

Fixed that bug with leaders not getting parsed.

UKKNOWN JOB is listed for the change job event as those details are missing from the xml dump and nothing I can do about it right now. It might be awhile before I get around to messing with the maps, but you can still using World Viewer if you want to view a map with site details.

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer 1.05 (Added War Viewing)
« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2011, 10:40:07 pm »

Wars have been added in the new Collections tab. Each tab has a new sort option related to wars.

Was thinking about starting to work on mapping next, but I want to work on some little stuff first like cleaning up some code and maybe figure out some better ways to display data and some other misc things. Might add an Eras tab to collections so you can view all events in eras or a range of years.

Edit: Found a couple worlds that cause it to crash and I forgot to add some error checking. Will get that fixed tonight.

Edit: Fixed the problem.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 07:44:20 pm by Parker147 »

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer 1.07 (Many Updates)
« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2011, 01:35:51 am »

Good number of updates

-Parsing speed up - 30% or more speed up I would guess. 700mb xml takes a bit less than 30secs to parse.

-Archive Support - You can now compress and archive xml and text files. Can compress to less then 5% of the file size pretty easily. Very nice if you have a lot of worlds. Decompressing takes a bit, but with the parsing speed up, loading a world should take about the same amount of time as before.

-Era Tab - bit of a start on trying to get a big picture of the entire world. Be careful with events and era length, all events are filtered out by default. Selecting too many events and a lengthy era can result in GBs of memory being used and can take some time to generate the page. It should be easy to generate graphs for events and wars off this when I get around to it.

-Civ generated "Flags" with Identicons - You may have seen this technique before on the web. Seems to work pretty well, flags are colored by race so its easy to see the race of a civ. May need to find a better algorithm as patterns are a bit too similar sometimes. Can see a few in the screenshot of the first post.

-Site and Civ Populations

-Site Connections - sites connected to each other with roads/bridges/tunnels/etc.

-War/Battle/Conquering Filter - Can be turned off in the War Tab. When active it filters wars/battles/conquerings from all pages and search lists. Some worlds generate tons of pointless battles and are possibly getting stuck in some sort of loop and civs end up endlessly fighting/pillaging. Battles get filtered out if there are no kills in the battle or if the attacker outnumbers the defender 10 to 1 and winning without many deaths. Battles with any amount of historical figures are unfiltered though. For Conquerings I filtered out all Pillagings that dont contain any other sub events all Destructions / Conquests are unfiltered.

-Historical Figure Leaders - can filter historical figures that were leaders for civs.

-31.12 and older files - I haven't done much testing with this, but I made some changes so it can read in these files. Very likely to give errors. I only tried it out on a 31.12 world I had and it loads, though it was much more incomplete than current versions.

Up next will probably be maps. I found a mapping library that I'm anxious to play around with so will probably mess with that a bit first. To integrate the map I'm going to have to rewrite some of the browser stuff and I think I will look into implementing a different browser to handle pages instead of IE.

Artzbacher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 25, 2011, 11:50:04 am »

How exactly does one use this program? I have no xml file in the dwarf fortress directory even though I made an xml dump from legends mode.

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 25, 2011, 01:12:10 pm »

It should appear in the dwarf fortress directory as "save"-legends.xml, refresh the directory maybe? You also need to export the "history" and "sites and pops" files by Exporting Map/Gen Information (p).

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer 1.08 (Maps)
« Reply #65 on: February 13, 2011, 09:58:06 pm »

Got maps working. Pretty happy with the results so far. Right now you can map civs and sites. I want to add wars/battles, but for wars I need to do historical maps first. Probably could have made a battle frequency/distribution map of some sort, but I'll just wait a bit on that. Also want to look into mapping out a historical figure's travels. Would also like to be able to map regions, but I could probably only do very rough estimations right now which I don't like doing.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 13, 2011, 10:07:39 pm »

Is it just me, or does the site in that picture have a population of negative 92 dwarves?
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 14, 2011, 10:32:58 am »

Your map is awesome!  Well done.

Edt - Just checked and loaded my huge test file (1.5GB).  How is "Invalid Entity" defined?  I got a couple of those.

Also it looks like there is some issue with the alignment of civs on the map.  It might be my tileset, but I think it's the default.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 10:41:25 am by Mason11987 »

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 14, 2011, 11:37:57 am »

Invalid Entity is a default value so something isn't assigning an entity right. If you use the tileset map it needs to be resized to the dimensions of one of the graphic maps. 1 tile should be 16x16 so if the world is 129 tiles the image needs to be 2064x2064.

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 16, 2011, 01:36:14 pm »

Tried it out real quick with 31.19 and the log doesn't indicate any new data =(. Only thing I noticed was some 0 population amounts for some civs, which I'm guessing are trade animals. Will have to investigate more tonight.

Looks like we got a few more detailed maps to play with though. Would be nice to have layers to show/hide with some of those maps, but would require analyzing the images themselves, might just allow the ability to load multiple maps and switch back and forth between them.

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 16, 2011, 07:09:19 pm »

Tried it out real quick with 31.19 and the log doesn't indicate any new data =(. Only thing I noticed was some 0 population amounts for some civs, which I'm guessing are trade animals. Will have to investigate more tonight.

Looks like we got a few more detailed maps to play with though. Would be nice to have layers to show/hide with some of those maps, but would require analyzing the images themselves, might just allow the ability to load multiple maps and switch back and forth between them.

Did the created structure event exist before?  I just noticed it while testing.

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 16, 2011, 08:15:59 pm »

There used to be more structure related events, but they got dumped in 31.17? and now we got the created event back and it only happens once at a site and are always just markets according to in game legends

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 24, 2011, 12:07:25 pm »

Just wanted to bump this since I haven't updated in over a month. Nothing new in the exports so it has still been working over the last few versions. Patiently awaiting fixes/additions to the xml dump. Noticed in Legends Mode today that regions/underground regions have little maps outlining regions, would love to get region coordinates. I've still got plenty of things to work on though.

Got the map set up where you can scroll through the years and watch civs expand/collapse, it is really fun to play with. Threw together a stats page that breaks down various things like civs/historical figures/populations/sites/events/wars and gives a little overview of worlds. Also reworking battle/war lists to give more info at a glance and fixing lots of other minor things.

Good chance I'll have an update ready to release this weekend.

Pirra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 24, 2011, 05:15:47 pm »

Looking forward to it. Love this application.
While I could go into suggesting a far more complex system than this... For now I'll just say I support this idea.

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer 1.09 (Historical Map)
« Reply #74 on: March 27, 2011, 01:31:45 pm »

1.09 Released
Changes
-Historical Maps
   -Allows you to view civ expansion/collapse on the map.
   -CTRL + Mouse Wheel changes year of the map by 1 year.
   -SHIFT + Mouse Wheel changes year of the map by 10 years.
   -CTRL + SHIFT + Mouse Wheel changes year of the map by 100 years.
-World Stats Page
-Ability to load lists displayed in pages for searching
-Lots of other minor changes and bug fixes

Next big addition will probably getting wars on the map.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 44