Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 416

Author Topic: Egypt and the world and Libya - Now without Ukraine!  (Read 348597 times)

burningpet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Egypt and the world and Libya - Now without Ukraine!
« Reply #5040 on: June 20, 2014, 03:12:06 pm »

When that american nut case shot some people, mainly targeting blond women in SF, i saw a most peculiar retweet from an american female game developer i actually valued quite highly at the time, a retweet from a muslim "feminist" that basically said that the treatment of women in the west is outrageous and that in the arab culture things like that would never happen. while this might seem anecdotal to some of you, to me it was very familiar because i am so used to muslims outright lying and twisting social media in order to promote their religion and hateful agenda, even dressing in oxymoron such as "Islamic feminist" without even flinching an eye and the sad thing is that all the "liberals" and "open minded" actually respond positively to those! as if not being positive toward those hypocrites would be considered embracing the justification of the american nut case acts.

There are times and cases where freedom of speech should be brutally stepped on if its used to promote death, hatred and women terrorizing and this ISIS case can't be a better example.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5041 on: June 20, 2014, 03:22:36 pm »

Remoralization satellites now look like a good idea...
._.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5042 on: June 20, 2014, 03:39:24 pm »

When that american nut case shot some people, mainly targeting blond women in SF, i saw a most peculiar retweet from an american female game developer i actually valued quite highly at the time, a retweet from a muslim "feminist" that basically said that the treatment of women in the west is outrageous and that in the arab culture things like that would never happen. while this might seem anecdotal to some of you, to me it was very familiar because i am so used to muslims outright lying and twisting social media in order to promote their religion and hateful agenda, even dressing in oxymoron such as "Islamic feminist" without even flinching an eye and the sad thing is that all the "liberals" and "open minded" actually respond positively to those! as if not being positive toward those hypocrites would be considered embracing the justification of the american nut case acts.

There are times and cases where freedom of speech should be brutally stepped on if its used to promote death, hatred and women terrorizing and this ISIS case can't be a better example.
Um, no.

That's as far as I'm stepping into that shitfest.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

burningpet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5043 on: June 20, 2014, 03:41:56 pm »

Um, no.

That's as far as I'm stepping into that shitfest.

So hate speeches is just an acceptable form of freedom of speech? right.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #5044 on: June 20, 2014, 03:55:47 pm »

I guess the take away could be that no people or culture have a monopoly on double-think and double-speak.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5045 on: June 20, 2014, 04:03:08 pm »

The great thing about free speech is that you can be an asshole and call for the subjugation of all minorities and not be punished by the government for it, and I can call you out on it and say "Hey, you're an asshole" and not be punished by the government for it.

It's not the place of any power structure to tell you what you can and cannot say, it is the place of your peers and citizenry of whatever place you are in to tell you that you're an asshole.

Free Speech: The ability to be an asshole, and the ability to call people assholes.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

burningpet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5046 on: June 20, 2014, 04:08:03 pm »

Like many jewish and christians, most muslims are just plain simple human beings that happen to have the title muslims by cause of birth and/or education. the religious ones, by definition, are women oppressors, just like the jewish religion oppress women so does islam, and no, finding few rare verses in the quran that might be interpreted otherwise is not enough, because the overall theme is women oppressive and the results are crystal clear to anyone who actually walked the downtown streets of the major arab cities. while you can be an arabic feminist, you can't, by definition, be an islamic feminist. you cant preach wearing cloths to hide your face so men wont be aroused by you and still be called a feminist, this is an oxymoron.

So if a muslim thinks that women shouldn't be oppressed, than he is not a real muslim.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5047 on: June 20, 2014, 04:29:21 pm »

I'm a country entirely populated by not-real-[insert nationality here], so I can relate.

burningpet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5048 on: June 20, 2014, 04:48:54 pm »

If i am not mistaken, the new testimony clearly says you can eat everything. but yes, if a jew eats pork, he is not a real jew (Although, judaism can be considered both a religion and ethnicity).

And in that particular case, the woman was preaching for hijab while maintaining her hate speech toward the western culture. so while you actually can pick and choose from the books, you can't choose the women oppressive parts, call out on the western attitude toward women and call yourself a feminist. that is a very very familiar trait that i see more and more happen in islamic social media in regarding to women, to freedom of speech, to freedom of thought and many other things.

"Men are the maintainers of women because Allah has made some of them to excel others and because they spend out of their property; the good women are therefore obedient, guarding the unseen as Allah has guarded; and (as to) those on whose part you fear desertion(committing a religious sin), admonish them, and leave them alone in the sleeping-places and beat them; then if they obey you, do not seek a way against them; surely Allah is High, Great.

—Qur'an , [Quran 4:34]"

Islam, by its creator definition, cannot embrace feminism.

And while you might not be a real christian, you probably wont be beheaded for that by other christians, which is not something you can safely say about islamic countries. just see how many muslim women are getting killed by their brothers or fathers in israel because they do not comfort to the real ways of islam. if its happening in israel, a developed western state, you can bet it happens in every islamic country and will happen in every islamic society. although, i guess in the other countries the people are so terrorized they can't even imagine going against their own religion.

My main point is that "freedom of speech" is sort of an intellectual entity (Not in the Intellecutal property context) and therefore should protect it self against forces that are preaching the exact opposite, even if by doing so they violate their own main agenda. just like a man has the right to defend himself, even while preaching non-violence.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 05:01:02 pm by burningpet »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5049 on: June 20, 2014, 05:05:17 pm »

And if a Christian eats pork, he's not a real Christian. (Yes, it says in the bible not to eat pork)
Paul retconned that

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5050 on: June 20, 2014, 05:05:22 pm »

Free Speech: The ability to be an asshole, and the ability to call people assholes, and not be arrested by the government for it.
You missed the most important part.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

burningpet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5051 on: June 20, 2014, 05:41:15 pm »

You argue parts of the Qur'an, whilst saying parts of the bible are fine. I can guarantee you that nearly all 'real' Christians don't abide by the bible 100%(VERY hard given all the 'You can X, you cannot X, but you can now X' things in it). Same for most religions and their holy texts and general tenets.

I also think some parts of the quran are fine, some parts of the bible are fine and most parts of the Pali canon are fine, yet i don't think judaism, christianity or mainstream buddhism is fine. the misgivings of buddhism is currently limited to buddhists themselves (for example, the stupid tradition of feeding buddha statues that cost those poor countries hundreds of millions of dollars a year) so i am not forcefully preaching against it as i do against islam. christianity as a religion wasn't a source for mass violence in recent years, and i am pretty sure its popularity is in decline so its not critical for me to preach against it. judaism is too small and is not a religion that aims to convert, but islam is on the rise and preach for violent conversion of the whole world. it was a cause for violence since the very first day of its inception.

Yes, stonings happen. Public executions happen. All that stuff happened in other countries. Not saying they can get away with it, nor that it's fine, but before you go on about how violent Islam is, remember how violent other countries were, or STILL ARE.

There are many causes for evil and violence in the world and all of them should be stopped, so? islam is currently the biggest cause and affects me directly so obviously i would talk about it and preach against it.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5052 on: June 20, 2014, 06:50:04 pm »

Free Speech: The ability to be an asshole, and the ability to call people assholes, and not be arrested by the government for it.
You missed the most important part.
Yep.

Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5053 on: June 21, 2014, 05:49:37 am »

this is actually going better than i expected it to?

because tbh i expected fedoras, not people defending religion

double standards ho and now if you excuse me

* LordSlowpoke munches on deep fried snickers bars

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5054 on: June 21, 2014, 07:26:12 am »

Well we could always go full fedoracorp but everyone's heard it before a billion fold.
Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 416