Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Crazy Cow's Arena  (Read 11233 times)

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
Crazy Cow's Arena
« on: April 03, 2011, 03:43:17 pm »

Arena battles.
Arena battles are great fun when they are operated correctly. Such threads as the Arena Test are places that are brimming with suspense and entertainment.
Unfortunately, they have all died.
So, I have decided to start my own Arena thread. Instead of the traditional one character submissions, though, each player in the arena will create a team. Below is the process to create a team. Keep in mind that I will be using the most current version, with slight alterations for balance depending on what happens here.

Introduction
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Application Form

Buying Team Members and Armor

Spoils of War (It isn't actually war, but it sounds cool that way)

Defeat

Changes to Vanilla

I aim to make this thread enjoyable. I will not fall off the face of the earth, I'm not going to move, or do anything out of the ordinary. I will also mix up the usual 1vs1 with special events. They will be voluntary only, and will often be more dangerous than a 1vs1 match.

Other than that, have fun all and good luck!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 08:37:15 am by Crazy Cow »

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crazy Cow's Arena
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 03:43:35 pm »

TEAMS!

EVENTS!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 06:39:55 pm by Crazy Cow »

mipe9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 12:16:24 am »

Spoiler: Team (click to show/hide)

Yay first team ~~

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 12:48:04 am »

I love arena thingies, especially ones with teams! Are we allowed to set genders for our teams?
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 07:25:37 am »

Been ages since I played any sort of game here. This looks like fun, might as well give it a shot.

I think I did that properly.

The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2011, 08:29:01 am »

Thanks for joining, all. Genders are perfectly fine, I just forgot to mention anything about them.
Canis Lupus and Sound of Music Rip-Off will be decking it out now. I'll post the battle in a minute.

The first battle of this glorious arena is underway! Two teams from the Bone Division face each other now: Canis Lupus and The Sound of Music Ripoff!

The two deer at the bottom, humming some catchy tune, look completely unworried about the coming battle. The two wolves, snarling and pacing, are confident that their age-old prey will easily fall.
The signal is given! The watching crowd roars as the two opponents charge each other and...
The two wolves drop dead, taken out by quick shots to the head.

Canis Lupus, defeated, must loose one of their two wolves. The Sound of Music Ripoff, victorious, gains 25 Dorfbucks.

Hoofed grazers are pretty nasty combatants. They love their headshots, and War Horses can be much more effective than War Dogs. Better luck next time, Mipe.
Currently, the victory gains are completely arbitrary. If anyone knows of a sensible way to do money awards, I would appreciate the knowledge.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 03:55:48 pm by Crazy Cow »

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2011, 02:47:22 pm »

I do like me a good arena fight.

Here is mah application--

« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 03:08:40 pm by Aramco »
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

Will_Tuna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2011, 02:58:27 pm »

I would like to sign up!

Funder: Will The Tuna
Team: The Lion King!

Members:
Pumba: Warthog (100)

Equipment: None
Unspent dorfbux: 0
True story: In the year 2007: Surinder Singh Bajwa, the Deputy Mayor of Delhi, India, was warding off several Rhesus Macaque monkeys at his home and fell from a first-floor balcony, suffering serious head injuries. He later died from his injuries.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2011, 03:04:36 pm »

I'm not sure whether I should hate you or not. [/jk]
A quick rule change! Loosing will no longer knock you down a division. I'm glad I realized how stupid that was before a dragon ended up in Copper Division or something equally ridiculous happened. I'll get a battle between FEAR THE 'PHANT and Orange Flamingos going in a minute.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2011, 03:07:05 pm »

I'm not sure whether I should hate you or not. [/jk]
A quick rule change! Loosing will no longer knock you down a division. I'm glad I realized how stupid that was before a dragon ended up in Copper Division or something equally ridiculous happened. I'll get a battle between FEAR THE 'PHANT and Orange Flamingos going in a minute.

WAIT I CHANGED MINE DON'T DO IT YET

Darn, bees don't have a pet tag. I guess you have to use the old one.
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2011, 03:20:07 pm »

Perhaps you should award the dorfbucks for kills instead of wins, and have them as the pet value. So you get a ton if you kill a dragon, and less if you kill say, a couple cavys. And with this system you might even gain some cash if you loose a battle, if you manage to take down some of an opponent team.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2011, 03:20:55 pm »

Perhaps you should award the dorfbucks for kills instead of wins, and have them as the pet value. So you get a ton if you kill a dragon, and less if you kill say, a couple cavys. And with this system you might even gain some cash if you loose a battle, if you manage to take down some of an opponent team.

I like this idea.

Will_Tuna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2011, 03:27:10 pm »

good idea, only that if you win a fight against a even strongly team, you double your value.

to Crazy cow: could you have my army fight in the next 2 hours? im following the topic atm.
True story: In the year 2007: Surinder Singh Bajwa, the Deputy Mayor of Delhi, India, was warding off several Rhesus Macaque monkeys at his home and fell from a first-floor balcony, suffering serious head injuries. He later died from his injuries.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2011, 03:51:33 pm »

After the first abrupt and unexpected victory, the watching crowd cries out for blood. To provide some entertainment, the team FEAR THE 'PHANT, composed of thirty-three cavies, has been tossed into the ring with a giant jaguar, from Orange Flamingo.

The roaring of a giant bull blasts into the arena, the signal for the match to begin!
The giant jaguar gets one bite in on an unlucky guinea pig before getting crushed by the sheer weight of thirty small mammals. Hardly the excitement the crowd was looking for. After ages of getting gnawed on, the Jaguar succumbs to the darkness.

Team FEAR THE 'PHANT is victorious, gaining 25 dorfbucks from the killing of one giant jaguar! Team Orange Flamingo has been eliminated. Sorry, Haika.

The giant bull roars again, signalling the start of the next match. Fifty groundhogs charge into battle against a legendary axegoblin in full spoiler gear.

Your name shall be forever immortalized in this obscure arena thread for all time. Thank you very much. However, I think I'll make it a fraction to prevent insanely explosive point gain, as Will_Tuna pointed out.

EDIT:
Rules have been updated with Spoils of War. Thank you again, Haika.
I am afraid that we need another submission before you can fight, Will_Tuna, unless you are willing to fight one of the victorious teams when their owners update them.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 03:58:22 pm by Crazy Cow »

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2011, 03:56:48 pm »

Team FEAR THE 'PHANT is victorious, gaining 25 dorfbucks from the killing of one giant jaguar! Team Orange Flamingo has been eliminated. Sorry, Haika.

You may hate me for it, but you know what I'm going to buy with this money, don't you?

BEAT ME IF YOU WANT, BUT I'LL ONLY LOSE ONE!

EDIT: I have a suggestion-- add cloth to the material list.

EDIT: And also leather.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 04:05:32 pm by Aramco »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7