Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 271 272 [273] 274 275 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 569273 times)

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #4080 on: June 11, 2015, 05:06:46 pm »

You could still get a quickling/metal/bell/etc and then change its sprite to a cat sister.

I'm pretty sure you can change sprites, anyway. Not 100% sure how.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4081 on: June 13, 2015, 06:05:20 am »

Ugh, I'm a fairy and the staff of insanity precious item is too heavy. I MUST HAVE IT!

Is there a way to change the material of a precious item?

snelg

• Bay Watcher
  • Hoary Marmot Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4082 on: June 13, 2015, 07:50:46 am »

Maybe a scroll of flying would be enough to reduce the weight (10-20% or something). But if I recall correctly they also reduce the items damage, defense etc. a bit when used on equipment.
When there's no more room in the fortress, the cats will walk the earth.
Cancels writing: Interrupted by Hoary Marmot.

Henny

• Bay Watcher
  • Save All 300 Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #4083 on: June 13, 2015, 09:15:40 am »

If anyone is tired of hearing the same music all the time, I put together a Chiptune music pack that replaces the vast majority of the game's music.
Grey langurs came over to steal something, only to be overcome by terror when they realized that they were stealing +grey langur bone gauntlets+.

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4084 on: June 13, 2015, 10:37:16 am »

Maybe a scroll of flying would be enough to reduce the weight (10-20% or something). But if I recall correctly they also reduce the items damage, defense etc. a bit when used on equipment.

I think that got changed in the earlier versions of E+ so that flying scrolls only effected weight and nothing else. Something to do with the cursed flying scrolls adding damage to the weapon. So certain adventurers strong enough to be able to weild their neutron-degenerate weapons could do some pretty riduculous amounts of damage.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 10:40:34 am by Patchy »

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4085 on: June 29, 2015, 08:06:44 am »

Well. I'm moving today and will be without internet for one to two weeks. Seems like a perfect time to get back into this.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4086 on: June 29, 2015, 09:49:25 am »

Well. I'm moving today and will be without internet for one to two weeks. Seems like a perfect time to get back into this.

I don't like to play Elona without internet. I need Elona Wiki.

mushroom_ff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4087 on: September 14, 2015, 07:46:42 pm »

Hey, have a quick question.

It's been a few years since I've play this, is there anything new that's happened/updated with it?

And, I'm a bit confused on the different version (the plus one?). How many are there? Which one is the best?

Thank you very much.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4088 on: September 14, 2015, 08:35:51 pm »

In the base game? No, it's been dead for years.

That plus version? It's been updating for quite a while. I think the current version is something like 1.49. New continents, new story, new sidequests, new items, new enemies, new skills and adjustments (learning skills costs cap out at 15 plat now!!!!! training potential is also cheaper, stuff like that)... so much stuff has been added that it's very difficult to list briefly.

But most exciting of all is the decompilation and recompilation of E+ versions to fix certain bugs and add translations. English has been one of the weak points of + for pretty much ever, but the great AnnaBannana at the Elona wikia has been adding flavor text and quest translations bit by bit. It's very definitely worth checking out here.

If you're not interested in that, then there are still links to most Elona+ versions on the wikia too.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Silicoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4089 on: September 15, 2015, 10:34:58 pm »

Note to fix a crash in the latest Elona+ custom version, I ran Windows 8 in compatibility mode for Windows 7.  It seemed to work.

mushroom_ff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4090 on: September 16, 2015, 08:04:42 pm »

Thanks, I may have to get back into this when I get more time.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4091 on: September 19, 2015, 05:59:26 pm »

I tried wishing for the usual pair of seven league boots but only got a book of magic laser. Wtf. And yes I am sure I spelled it right. Does anyone know what happened?

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4092 on: September 20, 2015, 09:46:59 am »

I tried wishing for the usual pair of seven league boots but only got a book of magic laser. Wtf. And yes I am sure I spelled it right. Does anyone know what happened?

I wished for seven league boots twice successfully in my current game (1.45).

Either it's changed in 1.49 (the latest version), or you didn't spell it right.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4093 on: September 20, 2015, 02:42:39 pm »

I wished for seven league boots twice successfully in my current game (1.45).

Either it's changed in 1.49 (the latest version), or you didn't spell it right.

I haven't updates in a long time and my 4 other characters on this version all had no problem getting the boots. I triple checked the spelling in text log. There is nothing wrong with the version or the spelling.

However there was an odd event. I had previously types "seven league boots" in the wish bar, but I clicked on firefox to check the spelling. Upon returning to Elona the box was empty, so I typed it again. The log had "you wished for "seven league boots" so I assumed it just deleted the words, but that may have had some strange effect.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4094 on: September 20, 2015, 09:25:23 pm »

What is a good way to defend against magic? I am trying an evasion character and have low health and little range capabilities so magic wielders are very difficult for me. And unlike other characters I can't just drink an anti magic potion like I could with feather or defense.
Pages: 1 ... 271 272 [273] 274 275 ... 291