Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 27

Author Topic: LCS 4.04 Download (April 2011 Graduation Gift)  (Read 86889 times)

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
LCS 4.04 Download (April 2011 Graduation Gift)
« on: April 26, 2011, 07:16:18 pm »

Liberal Crime Squad 4.04

I'm graduating from college. Let's celebrate with a new release!

Full Download
LCS 4.04 for Windows

Source Code
Spoiler: Linux (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Windows (click to show/hide)

LCS 4.04
* Your squad will shoot back at the enemy when attempting to escape during a car chase, but the enemy will still shoot first. You can still shoot first (and avoid dangerous obstacles) by picking Fight instead of Drive.
* The enemy no longer has first strike when running away during a siege.
* Reduced the number of enemies confronting you when you exit your safehouse during a siege.
* Made the CEO much more skilled. Equipped him with a Desert Eagle, and made him sometimes use it. He can't be kidnapped unless badly injured, and is much less receptive to seduction attempts. The CEO will respawn if killed, but not if converted into a Liberal (unless he dies later).
* Made sleepers not trigger sieges on their location.
* Traps do somewhat less damage on average than they did before. Their victims will still be injured and easier to kill, but a smaller proportion of them will be already incapacitated.
* Updated to the latest version of PDCurses.
* Fixed text descriptions referencing removed skills.
* Self defense is now possible in court.
* Fixed inventory sorting crash bug.
* Made it so you can recruit guard dogs regardless of laws if you talk to them with someone with 20+ heart. L+ animal rights is still needed for recruiting the pet monsters at the CEO's house.
* Made combat more deadly in general, by removing the last coarse damage reductions.
* High strength increases melee damage more than it did before.
* Melee weapons now penetrate armor more effectively if wielded by high strength characters.
* Tanks are now possible to damage and kill with standard weapons.
* Increased the tank's main cannon attack power tenfold. It now destroys anything it hits, including Liberal armor (and the person wearing it).
* Tanks are harder to outrun in foot chases.
* No variation in siege length based on number of people or whether you have fortifications.
* Reduced the number of subjects you can teach to 3, concentrating most skills under them. For example, fighting now includes martial arts, dodge, and first aid.
* Unknown why spawn locations outside the map were occurring. A possible fix is used, hard-coding the available area and forcing the Desert Eagle Bar & Grill to use a more standard map size.
* Fixed crash bug when you execute or release the last member of a squad.
* Your highest skill sleeper lawyer will always represent you, regardless of infiltration level.
* Sleepers no longer require high effectiveness to give advance warning of imminent raids.
* Sleepers gain effectiveness at a less consistent rate, and can lose small amounts too. The average rate after these changes should be the same.
* Sleepers gain effectiveness as fast as laying low with most activities (except advocate liberalism), and gain juice much faster when active. Lay low is still available as a way to park them and raise effectiveness at zero risk.
* Fixed a bug causing animals and tanks to sometimes get scared and not attack.
* Various other changes made during the break between releases, including a fix for the inventory sorting crash bug.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 01:35:32 pm by Jonathan S. Fox »

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 4.04 Download (April 2011 Graduation Gift)
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 07:19:25 pm »

I love you/
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 07:21:57 pm »

Sweet, new update!

Also,
Jon, can you redo the pathfinding so I can ninja dodge SWAT teams again?
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 07:25:14 pm »

LIBERALS LIBERALS LIBERALS

PS: Thanks Jonathan.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 07:37:52 pm »

Sweet, new update!

Also,

I probably won't work on pathfinding for siege units any time soon, sorry.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 07:38:51 pm »

Does this fix the every weapon is hideable glitch?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 07:42:29 pm »

Does this fix the every weapon is hideable glitch?

No, it doesn't. It does fix most of the other issues I remember being reported, though.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2011, 07:51:18 pm »

Sweet, new update!

Also,

Would it be possible to make a rudimentary dispersion based pathfinding that makes them try to move away if there are more than one other units in it's sight? Because I really, REALLY want to be able to see dem SWAT moving around again when they invade.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2011, 10:28:40 pm »

I did a build for Macs. I guess could throw it up on Rapidshare, but it would just decay into nothingness in a month like the last build I did. Would it be possible to throw it up on the sourceforge page or jonathansfox.com? I guess there's more than a few people on macs who'd like to play LCS but lack the knowledge to build it themselves.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2011, 10:37:31 pm »

I did a build for Macs. I guess could throw it up on Rapidshare, but it would just decay into nothingness in a month like the last build I did. Would it be possible to throw it up on the sourceforge page or jonathansfox.com? I guess there's more than a few people on macs who'd like to play LCS but lack the knowledge to build it themselves.

If you send it to me at jonathansfox@gmail.com, I would be happy to verify it works on my Mac, then upload it to both Sourceforge and my website.

Sweet, new update!

Also,

Would it be possible to make a rudimentary dispersion based pathfinding that makes them try to move away if there are more than one other units in it's sight? Because I really, REALLY want to be able to see dem SWAT moving around again when they invade.

I don't have time this week, since I still have to study for finals and prepare a commencement speech. I will bear your desire in mind for next time I put a good chunk of work in on the game.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 10:40:17 pm by Jonathan S. Fox »

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2011, 10:40:55 pm »

If you send it to me at jonathansfox@gmail.com, I would be happy to verify it works on my Mac, then upload it to both Sourceforge and my website.

Excellent. I'm going to spend a little more time poking around with the blasted sitemaps.txt. Line endings didn't seem to help the reading problem.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2011, 11:01:38 pm »

Excellent. I'm going to spend a little more time poking around with the blasted sitemaps.txt. Line endings didn't seem to help the reading problem.

Ever since blomkvist added the beautiful xml data files to LCS, I've been wanting to convert my junky sitemaps.txt to a legit sitemaps.xml and make it use the same file i/o as the other data files do. That, I think, would solve the real problem.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2011, 01:16:42 am »

Congrats Mister Fox!

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2011, 05:25:10 am »

Congrats on graduating and thanks for all the fish releases!

emissary666

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2011, 06:28:05 am »

I thought most graduation gifts were given TO the student. Congratulations! And thank you!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 27