Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1224544 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Wukong, the Monkey King - 1.0.0.122
« Reply #2745 on: August 08, 2011, 01:37:54 pm »

Because I barely ever go into a bad k/d/a? Getting 10 stacks on anything is not a particularly difficult task for me. In fact, I'm pretty sure the only reason I haven't done it yet is because of all this bias against it. I'm pretty sure Lumbajak and Yodamaster could get 20 stacks whenever they wanted too.

It's not like you can dig your grave further by buying a Mejai if your team is going 1 to 15 anyway. If you were going to lose badly, Mejai is the only thing that could possibly save your ass.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2746 on: August 08, 2011, 01:44:10 pm »

I don't get winmore items (Including bloodthirster) because they make me play worse when I have them.  I'll go 9-0 in the first 20 minutes, get sword of the occult because I'm rolling, and I won't get another kill that game.  Guaranteed.
Shoes...

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2747 on: August 08, 2011, 01:45:06 pm »

If you are a pro carry and you have no trouble getting 10 stacks then it is the best AP for your money. But it is only AP. And if you have no trouble getting stacks, you probably don't need more AP. On the other hand, if your team is getting smashed and you have no trouble getting stacks, it might be best for your team if you survive as long as possible.

I think the reason there is so much bias against it is because up until 7 stacks it is a really bad value and even if you get 10 stacks, if you die once, it is back to being a bad value.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #2748 on: August 08, 2011, 01:46:30 pm »

The CDR at 20 stacks is nice if you can manage to get that high.

(And cfoofoo the bloodthirster builds off minion kills, are you saying you never kill another minion after getting one too?)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2749 on: August 08, 2011, 01:47:54 pm »

No, but I won't be able to hold the charges.  Every time I get bloodthirster I start dying.  Not enough to lose us the game, but enough that I'm never at a good amount of stacks.
Shoes...

Wravburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2750 on: August 08, 2011, 01:49:18 pm »

Well, it's a good idea if you are better than the rest and keep that stack up of course. In any case. But it's a bad general rule, because if the team is doing so-so, chances are you will die in the teamfights as well, in that case the defense is better. It's just that it's hard to recommend, because it's for that 10% of players that can own regardless of team. That's my take.

The problem I see with it is this:

You are winning the game : you will win with or without the Mejai.
You are losing the game : you will lose with or without the Mejai.

Things are about even : Everything is really close, teams are even. Say you are the decisive factor. If you get it stacked up, you can carry the game and win. Die once, and you have lost the game. If you got a defensive item instead of Mejai, you wouldn't have died, but you can't carry. This is a gamble that 90% of the players can't, or will not make.
League of Legends
EU-west: Wash

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2751 on: August 08, 2011, 01:54:44 pm »

I don't get stacking items at all, though going by how well I do early game as Akali, I should probably think about doing so.

Currently, I rush Rylais (Hpot + Tome at spawn), then boots lv, then Sheen and boots lv2, then Lich's Bane, then I'm happy. Rylais helps me get kills early, boots and Sheen/Lich's near ensures them. Maybe get Mejai's before Sheen? I dunno... if I ever get to the point where I have all 20 stacks like that... It's usually reached the point of the game where I'm getting more and more useless because teamfights.

Unless an Akali is crazy fed, they will die instantly in a teamfight after killing someone.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Rebecca Black

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2752 on: August 08, 2011, 01:56:03 pm »

Because I barely ever go into a bad k/d/a? Getting 10 stacks on anything is not a particularly difficult task for me. In fact, I'm pretty sure the only reason I haven't done it yet is because of all this bias against it. I'm pretty sure Lumbajak and Yodamaster could get 20 stacks whenever they wanted too.

It's not like you can dig your grave further by buying a Mejai if your team is going 1 to 15 anyway. If you were going to lose badly, Mejai is the only thing that could possibly save your ass.

My bad. I guess I mis-read that since you said you were losing, you weren't getting too many kills.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: August 08, 2011, 02:03:16 pm »

I once got hard carried by Kat with Mejais and Sword of the Occult. Got 20 stacks on both, destroyed enemy team regardless of our team getting their asses kicked.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2754 on: August 08, 2011, 02:13:15 pm »

The reason I don't get a mejais is that when ever I play an AP caster the game ends too soon.

Me as Cass I go, 2 dorans rings, sorc shoes, hextech revolver, rabadons. I usually never get to rabadons cause I've killed their entire team before I finish.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2755 on: August 08, 2011, 02:21:10 pm »

Oh man.  Just played another game as Vayne, with two free-week herperderpers facing off in mid, with me and Leona bot (Leona/Vayne's a pretty scary combo, all her disables are good for setting up condemn pins)

The other herper talks shit.  Apparently he talks shit the whole game in teamchat but we don't hear him, their Swain told us later.

I ganked him four times.  Every time, same thing.  Vayne goes mia, Vayne comes out of the river bush, Vayne condemns Heimer away from safety, Vayne kills Heimer.  Four times, he never caught on.
Shoes...

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2756 on: August 08, 2011, 02:35:45 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USuukCxPpMA&feature=feedu

New gamemode explained.

Has quests what...

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2757 on: August 08, 2011, 03:31:58 pm »

I'm actually excited for Dominion, because if nothing else it's Riot taking action and moving forward.

I don't think I'll ever stop playing Summoner's Rift though.

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2758 on: August 08, 2011, 03:57:54 pm »

Tomorrow's rotation is up. (EDIT: In the OP)

Also, Kat is going to rape face on Dominion.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 09:37:04 pm by Yodamaster »

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2759 on: August 08, 2011, 03:59:15 pm »

Since it'll barely involve creep killing in favor of getting from place A to place B, it seems it'll favor champions that can fight during their early levels. Supposedly you get gold and experience much faster, but it still, strong mobile champions will likely be used instead of hard snowball champions.

Since kat is sort of mobile and strong during her early levels she'll prob be a good pick, so will Rumble.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 1067