Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40 D16] Narrow gloved champion.  (Read 505 times)

Rijjka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[40 D16] Narrow gloved champion.
« on: October 07, 2009, 10:23:57 pm »

So I'm using the DFG 21 version of Mayday's graphics pack, and no other mods.

Anyway, I was checking on some sparring champions in the barracks when I decided to see if they had actually started to wear the armour I had forged for them, or if they were still content with there leather, when I noticed that one of the boys was wearing a x(Narrow antman leather left glove)x

As I understand, Narrow should only be wearable by goblins. Could the wear factor have something to do with it?

And I would love to post a save, but I have dial up internet and uploading anything is a tremendous investment in time. I have taken a screen shot and put it on a flash drive, I'll upload that at my earliest convince.
To the dorf pulling the lever, the lever is just a lever. The magma pouring out of the mountainside is just a coincidence. To the dorf designing a pump stack from the magma sea, it is just that: a pump stack. No specific reason for it. It will never do anything.
for reasons best knows to themselves, the elves decided to explode

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [40 D16] Narrow gloved champion.
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 10:59:07 pm »

He probably is or was at one point a wrestler, right? Chances are that he's just carrying it around, not actually wearing it. Check out bug #000550 on this page:

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/dev_bugs.html

The solution, if I recall, is to mark the item for dumping. Someone'll come along, take it from him, and throw it on yer quantum garbage dump (assuming you've zoned one).
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

Rijjka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [40 D16] Narrow gloved champion.
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 12:24:56 am »

I'll give that a try then. And yes, he was a wrestler at one point, I train up all my recruits to legendary wrestling before giving them a weapon, just to increase survivability.

I do have a quantam dump, and a normal one for ease of stone hauling, and a atom smasher... though it is my first of those.

Anyway, I'll give it a try and see if that does anything. I'm not too concerned about him having that weird glove, I just didn't know if the bug had been covered.
To the dorf pulling the lever, the lever is just a lever. The magma pouring out of the mountainside is just a coincidence. To the dorf designing a pump stack from the magma sea, it is just that: a pump stack. No specific reason for it. It will never do anything.
for reasons best knows to themselves, the elves decided to explode