Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 76

Author Topic: Dwarven... "Child Care"  (Read 615542 times)

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven... "Child Care"
« Reply #780 on: July 16, 2012, 12:09:21 pm »

its nice to see some creative ways to deal with kids, i usually restrict them fairly low and if i forget end up sealing them in a room till they kill each other off wile the parents are sitting happily in there legendary dining hall eating there fine meals and not careing abit :P
This makes me wonder what it would take to set up a Dwarven Battle Royal or Hunger Games.

a shiton of walls, berserk children, and a few addy weapons mixed in with the bronze ones.
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

toomanysecrets

• Bay Watcher
  • Jackpot.
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: July 16, 2012, 01:05:40 pm »

This makes me wonder what it would take to set up a Dwarven Battle Royal or Hunger Games.

Haha if it were battle royale then some of the children would only get a figurine or perhaps a flask.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: July 16, 2012, 06:11:57 pm »

Urist McHasAFlaskofGnomeblight: That's not so bad, at least its poison I guess.
Melbil McAddyGreataxe: Sweeet.
Urist: Fuck my life.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

joeymax23

• Bay Watcher
  • How can you stop hue/When hue is already hue?!
    • View Profile
    • Land of Knowledge and Answers
« Reply #783 on: July 29, 2012, 07:36:38 pm »

everyones talking about keeping the kids sane. but badass idea, instead of giving a goddamn shit about the kids (just liek any good dorf doesn't) is stubpid, i mean their damn SUPERSOLDIERS, insanity is practicly mandatory. you can incorporate portcullesess into then and put them on your walls, and when the gobbos come, you can lift the gates and unleash gates of the hellfire and damnnation  pits of doom and death, murder and meyhem and laugh and praise armok as the gobbos evacuate their soon-to-be dead bowels as the stare at a seething, magma dripping, deasesed sillowet of a skelliton teenager riding his pet rabid doomhound named urist mcfoammouth. mwaahahahahaha, AHAHHAA, AAHAHAHAHHAHAHAA- *cough cough* sorry, i had to many opiates last night. ;)
When we are born, we cry
When we die, we understand why.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: July 29, 2012, 07:53:58 pm »

I thought we went over this, The insane starve, which makes for a wasted effort. But, do berzerk dwzrves get stat boosts? Cause if yes then we can keep them constantly unhappy, then when faced with a massive siege, we execute the relatives to push them over the edge. We could hold parents hpstsge for this purpose. Then, we unleash the dwarf on our enemies
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: July 29, 2012, 07:54:13 pm »

"why don't you make a real child-care which makes children safe"
in dwarven language is no word "childcare"
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

Pon_Katt

• Bay Watcher
  • GAK!GAK!GAK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: July 29, 2012, 08:44:59 pm »

This topic is my favorite topic in the entire forum.
My little voice approves.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: July 29, 2012, 10:32:01 pm »

"why don't you make a real child-care which makes children safe"
in dwarven language is no word "childcare"

In dwarven, the words for 'childcare' and 'infanticide' are only different by a single letter. This causes some confusion at times.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: July 29, 2012, 10:37:38 pm »

I have had great success exposing children to necrotizing syndromes before undergoing the ARMOK process. Granted, the survival rate is still 13.4%, on average. The increased pain resistance is of great use to survivors of the project, often allowing them to continue fighting with multiple amputated limbs until an exanguination event occurs.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Urist McSpike

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: August 02, 2012, 05:57:50 pm »

After reading all 53 pages of this, I am still slightly confused if it works.  I saw that it sort of works, as there was some minor skill gains over a few years, but I didn't see many results over 10 or so years.

And the bit about whether turkeys fly reminded me of this - As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly
I mean, look at us.  You give us a young child and a puppy, and we produce, possibly, one of the biggest sins against nature the game has ever seen.

Annon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: August 06, 2012, 10:47:06 am »

So, I'm a lurker, but this idea is just so great I have to get in on the !!SCIENCE!!.  I have a couple questions:

1)  Did one-way ramps ever get patched out?  I haven't really played that much since 40d, but I was thinking of putting a nest box a z-level below the care center with a one-way ramp leading into the child's room, to insulate breeding space from the child. 

2)  Is it possible to mod the ini files to allow embarking with specific caged wild animals?  I know wild animals are not favored, but I still have a couple ideas to try out, and it would make it much easier if I can embark with my experimental units...

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: August 07, 2012, 02:09:42 pm »

There are no ini files and there is no way to mod embarking with wild animals, so no.

Iosyn

• Bay Watcher
  • KAKAKA
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: August 07, 2012, 04:50:39 pm »

Might want to be careful with chickens and ducks. If they've been fighting for a long while they might actually have some serious skills, despite not injuring the others. Anyone remember that duck that killed two demons and got named? :D

But seriously I'm getting fed up of 5 adult, 5 child migrant waves; but considering I have a large breeding stock of hens and ducks...

It just makes me laugh. Pitting a dwarf kid in a 2x1 room with only a bed and a nestbox with one pissed off chicken and 15 chicklets sitting atop all the food and booze. You thirsty kid? Man up. They're chickens. If you get pecked, well so goddamn-beit.
Could try making a 3x3 room, then filling the walls with masterwork statues, like so. Engraved floors and walls...
SSS
SBS
SCS
Bed in the middle, chicken and nest box on the C.
Additionally if you made it his bedroom, the hole in the ceiling could double as one output from a mist generator.
He sleeps manages to sleep through the noise of the iron foundery beneath?
Turn it off. Get up, Urist. It's time for training. In the meanwhile you could dump more food and booze through the mist generator.

I'm just waiting for a noble to get jealous of this room.

Annon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: August 08, 2012, 02:56:21 pm »

There are no ini files and there is no way to mod embarking with wild animals, so no.

You know I obviously meant the raws  ::)

How did MarcAFK mod in fleshballs as embark-purchasable?

I might be able to manage....something along the lines of what I want if I can at least have some control over creatures available at embark.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: August 08, 2012, 03:51:33 pm »

You know I obviously meant the raws  ::)

How did MarcAFK mod in fleshballs as embark-purchasable?

I might be able to manage....something along the lines of what I want if I can at least have some control over creatures available at embark.

I haven't futzed with it since the animal handling overhaul, so I don't know if it still works, but I imagine there is some way to have creatures available to your civ on embark. The problem is that they will be domesticated, not wild.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 76