Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12

Author Topic: Legends of the Hidden Temple: The RTD Turn 15  (Read 49097 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Legends of the Hidden Temple: The RTD
« Reply #75 on: January 20, 2012, 11:37:26 pm »

Turn 5
Mystery ninja poison is a hell of a drug
Soundtrack- The Overture

Onwards to the temple!

[3] Jimbo leaves behind his poisoned friend associate, and soon arrives before the Temple Moat.

Search the valiant ninja corpses for some form of antidote. If the poison seems to spread, chew off my arm!

[2] Ninjas? What ninjas? All you see here are the kinds of things you'd typically see here at summer camp- there's an arts and crafts station, and swimming, and a cafeteria since you're feeling peckish, and Stick Stickly is the camp counselor!

Simmer down, Kobosh! It's time for U to Pick your next activity!

Pole vault over the moat.

[2] Derek hefts his pole and begins high-stepping it to the moat! However, when he gets to the moat the pole fails to find purchase in the stone, and slips! Forturnately, Derek is able to stop himself before falling in the Moat.

Go Northwest!

[1] Matthew joins Derek, Jimbo and Zach at the moat without incident

Sorry!

Examine crushy doom building to see what it does once I'm gone.

[2] Owie owie owie owie owie! By the time Mouse is finished feeling sorry for himself and peers inside, the trap room has reset. It appears as it did before he set it off to begin with.

Search for traps/tire swings around moat.

I hope the last of us to make it across this thing doesn't get their soul ripped out or something.

[5] Zach, being of the Blue Barracudas, takes it upon himself to investigate the moat. He sticks a foot in, and snatches it back right before it's attacked by a swarm of vicious piranhas, ravenous crocodiles, sinister sharks, ferocious electric eels, and most dangerous of all, the King of the Jungle, a man-eating lion! The various creatures sink back beneath the surface of the water, and soon the moat is still once more.

Zach's keen eye detects what appears to be wooden loops attached by vines to some of the trees on the other side of the moat- primitive tire swings, if you will. Unfortunately, the other side of the moat is a solid 20 feet away...

Sinpwn- Jimbo
Currently- At the moat
HP- 5/5
Inventory- Official Legends Uniform, Blue Jean Bandana, Eastpac Travel Bag(50' Silk Rope Grappling Hook), Sketchers Skate Shoes, Motorola Walkie-Talkie
Status- Normal

dermonster- Derek
Currently- Thankful he didn't fall in the moat
HP- 5/5
Inventory- Official Legends Uniform, Eastpac Travel Bag, Sketchers Skate Shoes, Motorola Walkie-Talkie, 10 foot pole
Status- Normal

Gatleos- Zach
Currently- Turns out the Mayincatec also enjoyed tire swings!
HP- 5/5
Inventory- Official Legends Uniform, Eastpac Travel Bag, Sketchers Skate Shoes, Motorola Walkie-Talkie
Status- Normal

lawastooshort- Kobosh
Currently- At Summer Camp with Stick Stickly! Hooray!
HP- 5/5
Inventory- Official Legends Uniform (tattered), Eastpac Travel Bag, Sketchers Skate Shoes, Motorola Walkie-Talkie
Status- Poisoned

IronyOwl- Mouse
Currently- Way the hell back at the Complex entrance.
HP- 4/5
Inventory- Official Legends Uniform, Eastpac Travel Bag, Sketchers Skate Shoes, Motorola Walkie-Talkie
Status- Normal

Tersr- Matthew
Currently- At the Moat
HP- 5/5
Inventory- Official Legends Uniform, Eastpac Travel Bag, Sketchers Skate Shoes, Motorola Walkie-Talkie, Swiss Army Knife
Status- Drenched in... Gak.

Spoiler: Maps (click to show/hide)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Legends of the Hidden Temple: The RTD Turn 4
« Reply #76 on: January 20, 2012, 11:43:38 pm »

(lol, oh my God, Stick Stickly. I didn't even remember that until now. XD)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Legends of the Hidden Temple: The RTD Turn 5
« Reply #77 on: January 20, 2012, 11:58:01 pm »

A lion.

In the moat.

Awesome.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 21, 2012, 12:00:51 am »

I hope the last of us to make it across this thing doesn't get their soul ripped out or something.

No, see, that would be the Crossfire RTD

Crap, that's a good idea- don't be surprised when you play ancient Mayincatec Crossfire later on.

(lol, oh my God, Stick Stickly. I didn't even remember that until now. XD)

He's slightly anachronistic, as Legends ran from '93-'95, and Nick in the Afternoon ran '95-'98, but hell with it. I almost made a Pokemon reference a few turns ago, before I remembered THAT one was REALLY anachronistic. Let none say I never put serious thought into my nostalgia-fueled make-believe.

IN OTHER NEWS, I forgot to mention it when I implemented it, but everybody regenerates 1 HP every 5 turns- the idea is that you want to avoid taking lots of damage all at once, instead of being inevitably ground down by the ludicrously deadly traps you'll find. This does not apply to any debuffs you get (say, if IronyOwl had broken a leg in that fall.) Suck it up, ya pansies.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 21, 2012, 12:03:52 am »

Find a better section to pole vault over.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #80 on: January 21, 2012, 12:14:28 am »

Lion... in the... what...

Crap, that's a good idea- don't be surprised when you play ancient Mayincatec Crossfire later on.
Yes. Yes.

Fashion a lasso out of various reeds and ferns, affix it to a tree branch, and swing over to the "tire" swings!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Theifofdreams

• Bay Watcher
  • Pay no attention to the Z
    • View Profile
Re: Legends of the Hidden Temple: The RTD Turn 3
« Reply #81 on: January 21, 2012, 02:09:02 am »

Plans A through D are as follows: Wing it; make it up as I go along; Cross that bridge when I come to it; and Put my head between my knees and kiss my ass goodbye.
*cough*dr.kondraki*cough*
:o Someone actually knows one of my references? Gods damn!

And a lion... in the moat? ... What?
You know what? Cool.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 21, 2012, 12:14:59 pm »

Use the grappling hook to swing over the moat.

Tersr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 21, 2012, 12:53:09 pm »

Go to that bridge thats off screen, it's totally there.
Shooting something made of a semi hard metal with no organs is a fucking stupid idea anyway.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #84 on: January 21, 2012, 01:26:18 pm »

He's slightly anachronistic, as Legends ran from '93-'95, and Nick in the Afternoon ran '95-'98, but hell with it. I almost made a Pokemon reference a few turns ago, before I remembered THAT one was REALLY anachronistic. Let none say I never put serious thought into my nostalgia-fueled make-believe.
The thing is, though, if you were watching Legends of the Hidden Temple in the mid nineties, then you probably weren't old enough to actually participate until the show's run was over. So at this point you might as well spread out and slather on references to the childhoods of every human being on the planet born from '86 to '96. The Mayincatec Goddess of Nostalgia demands it.

Except Nick Arcade. Just... don't.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 21, 2012, 02:37:41 pm »

True, but the conceit is that you WERE old enough to participate, which puts this game somewhere between '93 and '95, maybe '96 if you were to assume you didn't hit Space Camp until the summer after broadcast. Pokemon hit the States in '98.

Although, come to think of it, the plot I've got written pretty much demands that this game takes place in an alternate universe that's just like ours, except [REDACTED], [REDACTED], and this gives me the liberty to say Legends went on as long as it had to to [REDACTED]! And God knows most of my memories of Legends come from the reruns anyway, so I'll just make sure never to mention a date.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 21, 2012, 04:50:48 pm »

Step back into building. Wait for lights to begin, then step out and observe.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 22, 2012, 09:59:40 am »

Although, come to think of it, the plot I've got written pretty much demands that this game takes place in an alternate universe that's just like ours, except [REDACTED], [REDACTED], and this gives me the liberty to say Legends went on as long as it had to to [REDACTED]! And God knows most of my memories of Legends come from the reruns anyway, so I'll just make sure never to mention a date.

- You're secretly seeking ancient advanced Aztechnology to "win" the post-cold war, and make sure the soviets don't rise again?
- You're summoning Olmec, with the rest of his body, to do battle with Godzilla?
- You're all taking part in a desperate ploy by Nickelodeon Studios to win back the popularity Legends of the Hidden Temple used to enjoy, and bring back the series, by creating a "home video" wherein some "misguided children" attempt to reenact the show in an actual hidden temple, and then "leak the video" to the news to create a big scandal?

Superior_Tomato

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm waiting. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 22, 2012, 03:10:11 pm »

- You're secretly seeking ancient advanced Aztechnology to "win" the post-cold war, and make sure the soviets don't rise again?
- You're summoning Olmec, with the rest of his body, to do battle with Godzilla?
- You're all taking part in a desperate ploy by Nickelodeon Studios to win back the popularity Legends of the Hidden Temple used to enjoy, and bring back the series, by creating a "home video" wherein some "misguided children" attempt to reenact the show in an actual hidden temple, and then "leak the video" to the news to create a big scandal?

All of the above.
'Course with Dwarf Fortress, the only relevant question is, "How far away will the ASCII gibs splash on landing?"
5 squares per limb, if you raise the north orthoclase bridge before sacrificing one of them so they have a straight shot to the bottom of the chasm.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 22, 2012, 10:51:57 pm »

- "I thought you guys disbanded in '89?"
   "That's what we WANTED you to think, American pig-dogs!"

- You're summoning Olmec, with the rest of his body, to do battle with Godzilla Reptar?

- Legends of the Hidden Temple- PUNK'D EDITION!

Waiting on... lawastooshort! So if we don't hear from him by tomorrow he'll get skipped, which conveniently means he'll continue to hallucinate!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12