Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Author Topic: Legends of the Hidden Temple: The RTD Turn 15  (Read 48895 times)

Tersr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends of the Hidden Temple: The RTD Turn 7
« Reply #105 on: January 25, 2012, 04:41:37 pm »

Find something to help the others across, also try to clean off that bloo- I mean Gak.
Shooting something made of a semi hard metal with no organs is a fucking stupid idea anyway.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 25, 2012, 09:11:55 pm »

Pull with the might of Hercules himself and throw it once again, with less failure.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #107 on: January 25, 2012, 11:31:35 pm »

Shave down a chunk of flint and lash it to a stick, creating a primitive spear. Also, smear mud on my face like war paint!

I might as well make my time out in the middle of the jungle useful.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 26, 2012, 04:27:24 am »

Vanquish Cross this finely crafted moat!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 26, 2012, 03:54:37 pm »

Woooo!

Make my way onwards, hopefully joining up with the others. Examine moat if I do so, examine surroundings if not.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Legends of the Hidden Temple: The RTD
« Reply #110 on: January 26, 2012, 11:00:38 pm »

Turn 8
Man, that moat bit at the beginning always took too long, amirite?
Soundtrack- The Overture

Pull with the might of Hercules himself and throw it once again, with less failure.

[5] Jimbo pulls with the strength of ten ten-year-olds! A large tree branch momentarily surfaces before the grappling hook comes loose. Success! Step One complete, [4] Jimbo lofts the rope across the moat, hooking in one of the trees on the other side! Maybe not the most secure tightrope, but it'll do! Exclamation points!

Find something to help the others across, also try to clean off that bloo- I mean Gak.

[4] Matthew walks over to where Jimbo's grappling hook has bit into a tree, and wraps it more securely about a branch, pulling the rope taut. Now it won't slip when the others attempt the crossing! Finding some leaves, Matt manages to clean off most of the... Gak, although his clothes are still sticky.

Vanquish Cross this finely crafted moat!

[5] Kobosh grabs the rope, and nimbly crosses the moat hand over hand, ignoring the frothing death below. That wasn't so hard, was it?

Bah.

Search the ninja pile for relevantly useful equipment. They're ninjas, they have to have something!

[6] Derek shuffles through the ninja equipment, and finds what appears to be a set of smoke bombs! Probably- it's not like these things are labeled or anything.

Woooo!

Make my way onwards, hopefully joining up with the others. Examine moat if I do so, examine surroundings if not.

[3] Mouse ambles to the moat, paying a bit more attention to his surroundings than his peers. Even to his untrained eye, the decorative art on the buildings seems to bear a startling variety of styles, although most of it is what you'd expect from the Mayincatec. The buildings get more ornate closer to the Temple, progressing from abstract shapes and patterns to more detailed depictions, mostly of animals. In particular, there are a lot of Iguanas, Snakes, Monkeys, Jaguars, Barracudas, and Parrots.

Arriving at the moat, Mouse surveys the area. The moat is about 20' wide, with the Temple a good distance beyond, partially obscured by trees and whatnot. The path around the moat goes right up to the lip, and is about 10' wide. A bit off to the right, it looks like the others are rigging some kind of tightrope across- Kobosh and Matt are already across.

Shave down a chunk of flint and lash it to a stick, creating a primitive spear. Also, smear mud on my face like war paint!

I might as well make my time out in the middle of the jungle useful.

[5] Finding himself with the enviable qualities of being both in the jungle, and unsupervised, Zach puts on his WAR FACE. Having read more than his fair share of wilderness survival guides, Zach is able to quickly find a sharp rock and lash it to a fairly straight stick with some vines! He could poke somebody pretty good with this. A little bit of mud, and he's ready for action!

Sinpwn- Jimbo
Currently- Making a bridge across the moat
HP- 5/5
Inventory- Official Legends Uniform, Blue Jean Bandana, Eastpac Travel Bag(50' Silk Rope Grappling Hook), Sketchers Skate Shoes, Motorola Walkie-Talkie
Status- Normal

dermonster- Derek
Currently- Looting the ninjas
HP- 5/5
Inventory- Official Legends Uniform, Eastpac Travel Bag, Sketchers Skate Shoes, Motorola Walkie-Talkie, 10 foot pole, Smoke Bombs x3
Status- Normal

Gatleos- Zach
Currently- Welcome to the jungle, we've got fun and games
HP- 5/5
Inventory- Official Legends Uniform, Eastpac Travel Bag, Sketchers Skate Shoes, Motorola Walkie-Talkie, Vine Lasso, Primitive Spear
Status- Normal

lawastooshort- Kobosh
Currently- Across the moat!
HP- 5/5
Inventory- Official Legends Uniform (tattered), Eastpac Travel Bag(Sushi,) Sketchers Skate Shoes, Motorola Walkie-Talkie
Status- Random Hallucinations

IronyOwl- Mouse
Currently- At the moat
HP- 4/5
Inventory- Official Legends Uniform, Eastpac Travel Bag, Sketchers Skate Shoes, Motorola Walkie-Talkie, Half-Pendant of Life
Status- Normal

Tersr- Matthew
Currently- First across the moat!
HP- 5/5
Inventory- Official Legends Uniform, Eastpac Travel Bag, Sketchers Skate Shoes, Motorola Walkie-Talkie, Swiss Army Knife
Status- Normal

Spoiler: Maps (click to show/hide)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 26, 2012, 11:03:24 pm »

Quickly gain meta-knowledge and get across the tightrope! Charge toward the temple afterwards if turn-time allows it.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Legends of the Hidden Temple: The RTD Turn 8
« Reply #112 on: January 26, 2012, 11:54:15 pm »

Crap. Must be done.

Find serpent-decorated building. Enter it.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 27, 2012, 01:54:35 am »

Get across the moat and head towards the temple.

Theifofdreams

• Bay Watcher
  • Pay no attention to the Z
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 27, 2012, 03:07:01 am »

Crap. Must be done.

As long as you don't hate snakes you'll be fine.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 27, 2012, 05:53:21 am »

Carefully see how far round the temple I can walk to see if there's any hidden... things behind.

Lord Allagon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 27, 2012, 06:10:31 am »

Posting to watch. (And maybe join when if the unfortunate participants get killed.)
Quote from: narhiril
Quote from: Putnam
Yes, they do not need booze, they can work entirely off of water.
Freaks.
Quote from: Kaplahworm
Quote from: Garath
I'm pretty sure he'd move diagonally if he could.
You would think that, but the guy thought encasing himself in fire was a good idea.
Quote from: Jake
I therefore wish rectal cancer on your senior management.

Tersr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 27, 2012, 06:53:12 am »

Wait for some of the others to cross and look around for something useful. (It would be boring without the others)
Shooting something made of a semi hard metal with no organs is a fucking stupid idea anyway.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #118 on: January 27, 2012, 07:16:03 am »

Hold my spear between my teeth and climb hand-over-hand over the moat!
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 27, 2012, 03:49:32 pm »

Crap. Must be done.

As long as you don't hate snakes you'll be fine.
Why do I get the feeling the iguana building is safer than the jaguar one? :P
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12