Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 120

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.44.x GENERAL MODDING QUESTIONS THREAD - NOW IN ALLCAPS EDITION  (Read 177506 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.44.x questions thread
« Reply #180 on: December 26, 2017, 11:52:03 pm »

Seems good, though the pyro corpse creature could probably just have most of those tokens on its own.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 26, 2017, 11:54:32 pm »

One other question for another part of the mod, is it possible for interactions to add a fixed temperature to a creature (trying to make a creature that can create a super-cold aura, and don't want it to freeze itself)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 27, 2017, 12:11:30 am »

Nope. Interactions can only do what you see on the wiki pages for syndromes and interactions.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 27, 2017, 12:33:57 am »

How does this look
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

PS: Sorry for asking so many questions, this is literally the most complex mod I've ever made, and it REALLY doesn't help I'm doing it late at night

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 27, 2017, 01:16:07 am »

i tend to just try to load the raws, check errorlogs, test them rather than read the raws

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 27, 2017, 01:37:26 am »

I usually do that, but am not really thinking rn

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 27, 2017, 02:09:47 am »

the only way select symbol would effect is to have a helping hand in naming the temple.

I know the select symbol tag affects the civ's usage of names. The thing I was wondering is what the religion token does, as it's listed on the wiki alongside site, civ, bridge, tunnel, etc. which affect specific things' names, but this tag doesn't seem to affect anything (as far as I've observed in testing).

[SELECT_SYMBOL:REMAINING:ARTIFICE] & [SELECT_SYMBOL:REMAINING:EARTH] create the rocky sounds for dwarven temples such as the "tourmaline depths" or the "Wheels of Grinding" so that would answer your question as to the sets of vocabulary choices.

[SELECT_SYMBOL:TEMPLE:NAME_BUILDING_TEMPLE]
[SELECT_SYMBOL:LIBRARY:NAME_BUILDING_LIBRARY]

Would also be generic for their own glossary, the 'remaining' symbols having influence but not 100% dictating the outcome.

fluffyshambler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 27, 2017, 02:53:01 am »

the only way select symbol would effect is to have a helping hand in naming the temple.

I know the select symbol tag affects the civ's usage of names. The thing I was wondering is what the religion token does, as it's listed on the wiki alongside site, civ, bridge, tunnel, etc. which affect specific things' names, but this tag doesn't seem to affect anything (as far as I've observed in testing).

[SELECT_SYMBOL:REMAINING:ARTIFICE] & [SELECT_SYMBOL:REMAINING:EARTH] create the rocky sounds for dwarven temples such as the "tourmaline depths" or the "Wheels of Grinding" so that would answer your question as to the sets of vocabulary choices.

[SELECT_SYMBOL:TEMPLE:NAME_BUILDING_TEMPLE]
[SELECT_SYMBOL:LIBRARY:NAME_BUILDING_LIBRARY]

Would also be generic for their own glossary, the 'remaining' symbols having influence but not 100% dictating the outcome.

Again I know what the temple token does, the thing is there's a separate token called religion.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 27, 2017, 12:05:41 pm »

Why is it not recognizing TISSUE_MATERIAL in my living minecarts? It recognizes it in the living wagons, which are in the same file and I checked, they are the exact same spelling

Kat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 27, 2017, 01:58:16 pm »

any ideas why a custom race would tend not to get married or have children during world-gen ?

It's a problem that I (and others) have been having with a drow civilisation. They don't seem to marry often, or have many children during world-generation.

post world-gen as well, I've noticed that it tends to be almost only the migrants that ever get married (they arrive married), or have children.

this has the result that the drow civilisations rarely survive world-generation.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 27, 2017, 03:38:26 pm »

any ideas why a custom race would tend not to get married or have children during world-gen ?

It's a problem that I (and others) have been having with a drow civilisation. They don't seem to marry often, or have many children during world-generation.

post world-gen as well, I've noticed that it tends to be almost only the migrants that ever get married (they arrive married), or have children.

this has the result that the drow civilisations rarely survive world-generation.
Not much help, but if you're looking for a cause, post world-gen lack of on-site marriages is a red herring. Almost no-one gets married in fortress mode right now due to difficulties in forming relationships (without being locked in a tiny space together for years) and other weird stuff.

Kat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 27, 2017, 03:41:41 pm »

Not much help, but if you're looking for a cause, post world-gen lack of on-site marriages is a red herring. Almost no-one gets married in fortress mode right now due to difficulties in forming relationships (without being locked in a tiny space together for years) and other weird stuff.

Hmm, I noticed that marriages were less common than they used to be, even for dwarfs. How odd.

It just strikes me as odd, that other civilisations using other creatures, they get married and have children during world-gen just fine. But these drows don't, and I'm kind of baffled as to why.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 03:46:10 pm by Kat »

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 27, 2017, 04:07:07 pm »

Does only one caste die from old age? Immortals won't marry mortals and vice versa.

Kat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 27, 2017, 04:15:39 pm »

Does only one caste die from old age? Immortals won't marry mortals and vice versa.

Both castes lack a MAXAGE token. Do you think that might be the problem ?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 27, 2017, 04:22:42 pm »

Both castes lack a MAXAGE token. Do you think that might be the problem ?
That's the same as elves, isn't it?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 120