Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 120

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.44.x GENERAL MODDING QUESTIONS THREAD - NOW IN ALLCAPS EDITION  (Read 178590 times)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [MODDING] 0.44.x questions thread
« Reply #150 on: December 21, 2017, 07:56:34 am »

That's about growths - fruit. Pulling out the plant itself uses a different mechanism, I think the plant's principal material must be edible or yield some other products?
I dont think thats it - some of the plants in my pack, i.e cave grapes or throbbing cysts, can be gathered properly, despite their "base" structural material not having anything else tied to them.

EDIT: Actually, hmm, cysts are gatherable but they use the muscle template so I guess that may mess things up - though, strawberries in vanilla are gatherable despite their structural material not having seeds or other stuff. What gives?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 08:06:48 am by ZM5 »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #151 on: December 21, 2017, 01:19:29 pm »

is it because they can be eaten raw?

Kat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 21, 2017, 04:42:39 pm »

Had a curious thought today...

Anyone ever played civilisations that have the "variable positions" things in their entity definitions ?

how do nobles work ? can you create arbitrary nobles and give them particular responsibilities ?

DaSwayza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.44.x questions thread [GUNS]
« Reply #153 on: December 21, 2017, 06:12:09 pm »

I'm sure i'm pretty late to this party but: I'm not interested in creating some long drawn out gun industry, but here's what I would like to add to my game: I would like to make a barrel out of an iron/steel bar at a metalsmiths forge using metalcrafting, a set of shot made from an iron/steel/lead? bar, saltpeter, brimstone, and charcoal also at a metalsmith forge using metalcrafting, a stock out of wood at a craftwarfs shop using woodcrafting, and for the stock and barrel to come together as an arquebus at a metalsmith forge using weaponmaking skill. I would like a skill of rifledwarf, and not add any additional buildings for this task.

I know how to make the weapons raws, what I'm not sure of is how to make sure they are made at those specific workshops with those specific skills.

Optionally I would like to play with the idea of using booze and charcoal to create shot, and would like to try the idea of making a munitions pouch for shot instead of a quiver. Both of these are absolutely optional, more important is to add an entity reaction so I can trade for shot or the materials needed.

Advice?

se05239

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.44.x questions thread [GUNS]
« Reply #154 on: December 22, 2017, 02:41:37 am »

I'm sure i'm pretty late to this party but: I'm not interested in creating some long drawn out gun industry, but here's what I would like to add to my game: I would like to make a barrel out of an iron/steel bar at a metalsmiths forge using metalcrafting, a set of shot made from an iron/steel/lead? bar, saltpeter, brimstone, and charcoal also at a metalsmith forge using metalcrafting, a stock out of wood at a craftwarfs shop using woodcrafting, and for the stock and barrel to come together as an arquebus at a metalsmith forge using weaponmaking skill. I would like a skill of rifledwarf, and not add any additional buildings for this task.

I know how to make the weapons raws, what I'm not sure of is how to make sure they are made at those specific workshops with those specific skills.

Optionally I would like to play with the idea of using booze and charcoal to create shot, and would like to try the idea of making a munitions pouch for shot instead of a quiver. Both of these are absolutely optional, more important is to add an entity reaction so I can trade for shot or the materials needed.

Advice?

This is interesting to me. I was planning on asking at some point if it was possible to use several components to construct a flintlock-style rifle. Like metal for barrel, a mechanism for the firing mechanism and wood for the stock.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 22, 2017, 03:02:48 am »

Items are made of one material. They can possibly have improvements made of different materials, but they won't do anything. You cannot add new skills. You'll want to use new reactions for every single one of those skills and make a new reaction to make the weapon by assembling it together.

Rusty_knight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 23, 2017, 08:20:57 am »

Can a creature have different poisons for its stinger and its bite attacks?
Crazy-ass weirdo beaver is my totem animal!

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #157 on: December 23, 2017, 08:55:03 am »

Yes, you just need to define two different materials and assign them properly to each attack.

Kat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 24, 2017, 10:51:51 am »

Which position token does a position need, to allow these new mission types ?

is it [RESPONSIBILITY:MILITARY_GOALS] ?

se05239

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 24, 2017, 12:55:49 pm »

So I made a domesticated spider critter that produce both eggs (albeit smaller than poultry) and grows fur (because spiders tend to be furry).
I've noticed that whenever I have my shearer go through my spider population, he produce Chitin instead of yarn?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 24, 2017, 06:13:55 pm »

So I made a domesticated spider critter that produce both eggs (albeit smaller than poultry) and grows fur (because spiders tend to be furry).
I've noticed that whenever I have my shearer go through my spider population, he produce Chitin instead of yarn?

Might be you didnt add the hair material/tissue and reference them properly. Check your error log, it usually says something like "XXX Could not be found, using first material instead" if theres something wrong.

I think its the KILL_QUEST token that lets them assign quests to their subordinates if theyre the commander of the local guard or whatever, used to be QUEST_GIVER also did the same, but other than that i think you just have to be lucky enough to run into someone looking for an artifact
« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 06:15:27 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Kat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 24, 2017, 06:28:09 pm »

I think its the KILL_QUEST token that lets them assign quests to their subordinates if theyre the commander of the local guard or whatever, used to be QUEST_GIVER also did the same, but other than that i think you just have to be lucky enough to run into someone looking for an artifact

Is that for fortress mode ?

The problem I am having, is when I press C for civilisations, and look at a nearby settlement, it says "cannot order mission without leader".

So I'm thinking that my existing civilisation's entity definition file, some of the positions lack the appropriate responsibility, but I'm having a hard time figuring out which ones.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 24, 2017, 07:06:14 pm »

If you're using a mod that seems likely

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 24, 2017, 11:28:43 pm »

Either that or MILITARY_STRATEGY. It could easily go either way - can't devise a mission without a man in charge dictating the goal and objectives, but you also can't perform a mission without some military leaderman coming up with the strategy and the actual orders to issue to the squad.

se05239

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 25, 2017, 02:17:50 am »

Might be you didnt add the hair material/tissue and reference them properly. Check your error log, it usually says something like "XXX Could not be found, using first material instead" if theres something wrong.

Seems like this is correct. Game couldn't find the fur and made chitin possible to shear instead.
Can you help me find what's wrong?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 120