Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New Dwarven Republic information thread - Empire MUD. Rise, dwarves!  (Read 1538 times)

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Community thread for the New Dwarven Republic for Empire MUD, as described here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=161121.0)

New Dwarven Republic

Eren - Eshim - Imketh

We submit to none.

The New Dwarven Republic is a mighty and proud republic forged from the blood, sweat, and tears of the late Dwarven Empire. The republic's affairs are dictated by a charter, which outlines the structure of the government, and the republic is self-governing, with rulers elected from a high council.

The aim of the charter is, so unlike with the Dwarven Empire, the government doesn't stagnate and cease to function without key players around. The charter makes it so that if people become inactive, they can be easily replaced by more eager lower ranking players, and so forth, allowing a constant and changing ruling body that never runs into issues with coordination and labor. Additionally, the nature of this body makes it so that there is constant opportunity for hard-working lower ranked members to ascend to high-ranking government positions, giving further incentive for improval and work ethic.

Spoiler: Charter (click to show/hide)

Current Government Officials of the Republic:

Grand Mayor: Grand Arbiter Urist Guildervan (Vivalas)

Chief Magistrate: Vacant

Magistrates: Governor Olm the High Sorcerer (Jilladilla)

Lord Mayors:

Burghers: Shorast Ackerson (Vivalas)

Provinces and Cities

Province of Ollara: Governor Olm the High Sorcerer (Jilladilla)

City of Ollara: Grand Arbiter Urist Guildervan (Vivalas)

Province of Old Dwarvinia: Vacant

Cabinet Offices of the Republic

Office of Labor: Vacant

Office of Exploration and Reclamation: Vacant

Office of War: Vacant

Office of Intelligence: Vacant

To join the NDR simply join the game and type "pledge new dwarven" then follow the guide below once you have a canoe and are ready to go (bring some food).

Getting to Ollara:

While you're waiting to be accepted into the republic, might as well start heading to the capital!

The capital of Ollara is located on the coastel inlet of Xandafu, right about here:

As shown by the black circle on the map. This means the quickest route to the capital is denoted by the red line (departing from northern newbie island). Where you depart doesn't matter much as long as you turn embark off the west shore and turn  south when you get to X 250, then turn east again when you get to Y 840, then turn south again when you hit land (should be a small mountain range and delta). This will take you to the shore of Ollara (you should see a clay pit). Get out of your canoe and head south and you'll be in Ollara!

« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 09:57:19 pm by Vivalas »
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

Codician

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New Dwarven Republic information thread - Empire MUD. Rise, dwarves!
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 05:41:42 am »

I'm up for it. Have a couple of VERY advanced characters from years back.

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2016, 08:07:54 pm »

If you pledge please leave a note in here with your name so I can enroll you.
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

Codician

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2016, 04:28:21 am »

I've plant some hops, barley, oats and magic mushrooms in Ollara.

Red

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2016, 09:19:32 am »

I have pledged. Name is Vucar. I'm still hanging out on the newbie island right now but might make my way to the mainland tonight.

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2016, 09:53:20 pm »

I'll add you in as soon as possible.

I might merge this thread with the main Empire MUD thread soon if there is no opposition to it.

As for empire news we founded a small trade port on the "old continent" where the remnants of the old empire lay. I've created a province for the area around the port, called Old Dwarvinia, but have yet to update the map with territorial claims in that region.

There is still no plan for Ollara yet, so build as you wish, just leave rooms for roads. Be aware your buildings might be removed at a later date.
- Charles Babbage

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2016, 05:44:10 am »

I recently took a canoe trip down to that desert island just south of the continent were Ollara is. It has some fruit trees, cotton, now pepper since I planted the ones I brought with me, and a few decaying buildings. Could be a good spot to get access to desert resources.

Perhaps the first post could also be updated with the list of people in the NDR?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2016, 08:29:19 am »

Name's Blue, pledged.
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2016, 05:10:00 pm »

I'm working on getting everyone's in game and forum names, as well as their nominal positions.

I say nominal because the charter is designed to where delegation allows people to spread labor and focus on building separate cities and such, but as of now even if you're mayor of one city, your welcome and encouraged to help work on the others.
- Charles Babbage