Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 970411 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: Oh mah gawd, the angst!
« Reply #2655 on: January 14, 2014, 01:55:37 pm »

Well it just gave mana from the user but... I suppose it does that as well.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #2656 on: January 14, 2014, 01:57:31 pm »

I am not sure what you mean "he's better about characters"

like, grammaticaly, I can't discern coherent meaning from that

under protests, I will go for a power along the lines of infalliable aim, however I wish to retain superior knowledge of anatomy and accupressure points (so at least things without anatomy, such as machines or magical constructs and what not are excempt), because even with perfect aim, it's a needle, it's not going to do shit unless you are hitting something very specific.

if that ability is not differentiated enough from "always knows exactly what to do to solve any given problem", then I dont know what
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2657 on: January 14, 2014, 01:58:43 pm »

That's good enough.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 02:00:21 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2658 on: January 14, 2014, 01:59:22 pm »

Kyle is going to make her a small bolter and she will blow things up with it.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2659 on: January 14, 2014, 02:02:37 pm »

weren't you the GM?

the GM plays the entire setting, he always has the most characters, obviously

and man "only" 3 characters?

I mean, 3 characters is alright and all, we do that in our RPGs all the time, for the time when the party inevitably splits up and doing 3-4 solo-rpgs is boring, but playing 3 characters at once in the same scene?

crazy
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2660 on: January 14, 2014, 02:03:07 pm »

Welcome to RotMG.

Leave your sanity at the door.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2661 on: January 14, 2014, 02:05:31 pm »

yeah, I'll just stick with one character while wondering how long it has been that this game actually had a plot

you should consider opening an IRC channel, it would speed up the non-plot parts by 2000%

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #2662 on: January 14, 2014, 02:06:44 pm »

We have one. ##TA-OOC on... What was the host?
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2663 on: January 14, 2014, 02:07:28 pm »

yeah, I'll just stick with one character while wondering how long it has been that this game actually had a plot

you should consider opening an IRC channel, it would speed up the non-plot parts by 2000%
Actually, just before you came we had a plot and we're in between plots.

Also you could, yes, but I don't like it for the main reason that it disagrees with my tablet, my main form of posting.

And I dunno, rag.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2664 on: January 14, 2014, 02:08:42 pm »

Freenode. Why would we do that type of thing in IRC?

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2665 on: January 14, 2014, 02:12:51 pm »

When was Sen imprisoned again? They've had guns for several hundred years.
For her purpose, Sen was sealed away 979 years ago or 1034.

Hm, I'll look into Sen's powers, they do seem fairly broken, although I'm interpreting them as her absorbing the powers from books rather than having them natively, in which case I might start giving her higher mana costs to compensate, as well as nerfing her power absorption.
They are a bit broken because I don't really know what mana consumption they should have :/. And your interpretation is correct. The magic abilities are from the books. Sen needs a catalyst (a host or a contracted person who allows use of their mana) to effectively use the magic at its full power. Other wise the spells are about as strong as a the sword she stabbed kyle with. Pm me your idea's so I can make Sen less broken.

Can Kyle request that Sen gives him a summon from his book?

Also is there anything Kyle needs to react to?
Yes. Sen loses that one, Kyle can call upon it. HOWEVER, the mana rule applies; Summons use their summoner's mana to use skills, unless the summon itself has a gimmick of some sort to replace it. I'll assume that HK doesn't use mana, but probably has some sort of energy rating to compensate, unless you decide otherwise.
This confuses me lol
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2666 on: January 14, 2014, 02:14:27 pm »

because most posts are just single sentences, not even containing actions. an actual chat would support a flowing dialouge, and not stuff like these mega posts that respond to 2 dozen posts at once, many of which are already on a different topic. you knows, time-paradox conversation

also, I would have argued that, since the game seems to have a romance focus (or at least that was my impression so far), it would leave a plattform for action outside the confines of a pg-13 forum. then again, the thread is so huge and fast moving, I reckon Elf could post a long and intricate description of various non-rule conform activities and nobody would ever take notice of it

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2667 on: January 14, 2014, 02:15:32 pm »

Teleports are major acts, with a +5 mana cost each teleport because it isn't your native power, paper manipulation without creating mooks is a minor, paper mooks is a moderate.

Absorption costs ALL of your mana per use.

Is that acceptable?

because most posts are just single sentences, not even containing actions. an actual chat would support a flowing dialouge, and not stuff like these mega posts that respond to 2 dozen posts at once, many of which are already on a different topic. you knows, time-paradox conversation

also, I would have argued that, since the game seems to have a romance focus (or at least that was my impression so far), it would leave a plattform for action outside the confines of a pg-13 forum. then again, the thread is so huge and fast moving, I reckon Elf could post a long and intricate description of various non-rule conform activities and nobody would ever take notice of it
The latter is why I generally run a karma ruling; too many fade to blacks and I start penalising.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2668 on: January 14, 2014, 02:16:06 pm »

In Laymans terms, Sen gives Kyle a summon and Kyle can use it while Sen can't.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2669 on: January 14, 2014, 02:17:20 pm »

The problem with doing it like that is that we all have different schedules and are scattered across the four corners of the globe.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 1030