Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 48

Author Topic: FEF: MegaMirager IC Thread Chapter 2: Shocking Debut (IC Thread)  (Read 27857 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

  • Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

Fire Emblem on Forums: Superdimension Squadron MegaMirager
~~Theme of Arc 1 (Ichido dake no koi nara)~~
~~~~RULES~~~~
1. All non-IC stuff is to be posted at the OOC thread. Violators will be fed to the Amanojaku.

2. Post formatting mandatory. As such:
Colored normal text for PC speech!
Colored italized text for PC thinking.
*Colored small text or between asterisks for PC whispering*
Normal text for generic descriptive text.
Bolded text for PC actions and orders!

3. Order of battle posts:
Players' actions -> GM resolves -> Player's actions -> GM resolves ... until all player actions have been posted -> GM posts Enemy/Ally Phase and new turn map -> Start again
If you need an action resolved before making another ask in the OOC thread.

4. Don't post until your character is properly introduced!

5. Be active if you can! I don't care if you don't want to RP, but try to post your action within a reasonable time. If you have to be warned several times your character may be automoved or put in the away list. If you can't post for personal reasons, try to warn the rest in the OOC thread. Delegating actions to other people is also allowed.
Definitely not ripped off from Solymr's posts, nope.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2024, 06:29:02 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »
Logged

IamanElfCollaborator

  • Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

Chapter 1: The Song That Connects...

The year is 2028. It has been 7 years since the Amanojaku, demonic predators upon humanity, made their presence known in modern times. Feeding upon the vital Biorhythm of humans, Amanojaku drain humans to the point of exhaustion, insanity or even death. It is up to the few humans blessed with the power of a Mirage to fight the Amanojaku.

Known as Miragers, they are the legacy of an ancient protoculture, the last hope against demons who would run roughshod over humanity. Their power, the power to kill gods, resides within the hands that reach out to others.

The song that connects....

The sound of Setsuna Kamisato's latest single plays over the sounds of people filing into Sendo City Arena, the lyrics scarcely audible through the loud , small stalls hawking penlights, shirts, keychains and other memorabilia. Holograms of the three Queens of Music, the singers performing tonight, pranced over the incoming visitors; flames swirling behind Azusa Kumon, the Angel-Faced Demon, purple wisps trailing behind the elegantly dancing Superdimension Diva Setsuna, and sparkles trailing behind the Rebellious Empress herself, Haruka Shirokawa.

Sendo City Arena was one of the centerpieces of the city, built to advertise Sendo City as a modern city, a city of the future. It was an all-purpose arena of the future, one that could hold events of all kinds from puroresu to music to stage plays. Designed to operate in all weathers and all conditions, it was fortunate that today was a clear day, with no rain. Fortunate for the roughly nine hundred people piling into the Arena that day; the Queens of Music collaboration was a rare event, three of the finest singers of the 2020s singing together on stage for one night was an event worth paying through the nose for. The entrances to the Arena were under covered tunnels, artifices of glass and steel that let in natural light during the day but were well lit in the night.

Several different queues lined up through the gates leading into the arena proper, the largest queue consisting of regular tickets, a few smaller lines leading to the prime seats and....

2nd Unit Prospects....
...a small queue leading to a side door, leading to the backstage area of the concert.

Through fate, money or just knowing someone, you two have lucked into rare backstage passes, letting you line up to meet the Queens of Music, along with their units; Azusa performed with the famous Galactic☆Fairy, and Haruka performed with her unit Afternoon. Of course, with Haruka being close friends with Kazuma Nago, center for the unit KNIGHTMARES, there was a good chance he and his friends were there too.

The passes would get you reasonable backstage passes, alongside prime seats for the concert itself and some rare memorabilia.

As Misaki and Seitaro line up, their passes in hand, they suddenly hear a loud crash nearby.

KNIGHTMARES, Galactic☆Fairy and Afternoon
"Everything's in place, chief. We've mounted a few sensors here and there to pick up on Biorhythm fluctuations."
A young woman in a black dress jacket and pleated shirt types something into her laptop as she leaves it up. On the laptop, a screen resembling an ECG monitor can be seen, brief pulses flashing across the screen. An ID badge is clipped to the lapel of her jacket, the name "Minako" just about visible.

"Amanojaku activity has been quiet for the last week, so we can take the night off, but Biorhythm readings have been off in the area. So I'd keep your Relics nearby."

A taller, dark-skinned man raises a thumbs up at her, leaning against the wall. With his youthful face, his clear skin and muscular frame, the only indication of his true age are the specks of white in his otherwise jet-black hair.
"Good to hear, Shirogane. I wasn't in the mood for Amanojaku tonight."
A badge clipped around his chest pocket denotes him as Javier Luna, manager of the Fire Soul Entertainment Agency, former frontman of the Filipino band Mayon Climbing Society, and manager of the Galactic☆Fairy unit.
"Ease up, Shirogane. It's supposed to be a good night."
"Sorry chief. You know how I like to be prepared. With this many people-"

A firm hand claps itself around Minako's right shoulder, a lock of messy red hair flowing over it as the owner of the hand leans in.
"Relax, Mina. We're good. There aren't supposed to be Amanojaku attacking tonight. And if there are, I'll kick their asses back to kingdom come."
Minako sighs.
"You can't be so casual, Azusa."
"Hm. Ya know, you should be performin' with us on stage too, Mina. Your singing feels pretty good."

Minako stares back at Azusa, her eyes falling on the faint outline of a bullet wound on Azusa's shoulder hidden by Azusa's white jacket. A twinge of guilt briefly fills Minako, before she shakes it off, smiling.
"I figure I'm better backstage. Besides....they advertised the Queens of Music, right? They don't need a washed-up rock singer on there."
Azusa nods, understanding. She brushes her jacket back over her shoulder.
"Well. If ya ever change yer mind....always got room for my partner."

Suddenly, a pink-haired woman with a flower set in her hair walks in, dressed in a white sweater.
"I don't know about you, but I'm a little nervous about this. Has anyone seen Kamisato?"
Azusa props up, shaking her head.
"No clue, Shirokawa. She's still in her dressin' room doin' whatever the hell she does."
Haruka sighs, adjusting the neck on her sweater.
"We're two hours out from showtime and we still have guests to greet..."

Suddnely, a blonde woman in a labcoat steps out from a side door, carrying a laptop in one hand. Goggles are mounted on her unkempt hair, her labcoat slightly dirtied with oil and grime. Rather tall, she surveys the room, looking for someone, before frowning, her eyebrows furrowing.
"Hm. Have any of you seen Miki? I asked him to place a few sensors around the gantries. I was hoping he'd be back by now."
"No clue, Doc. He went off like ten minutes ago. He's probably still hangin' out up there like a damn spider-monkey."
"Can one of you find him? He has Fragarach on him and I need to run some tests on it. And then he needs to get back here to guide the visitors in."

Javier snorts.
"Freydis, tonight's not the night for tests. Surely you can spare a few moments outside the lab."
"A few."

The gathered members of the three units are backstage with them. Nearby, a door is slightly ajar, leading up towards the gantries.
Everyone may post.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2023, 05:53:08 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »
Logged

Chevaleresse

  • Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

"Um, I can go look for him. It's good to hear there's no activity, though. I just hope it stays that way. . ." Miyuki shuffles toward the open door.
Logged
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Twinwolf

  • Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

Misaki hummed a tune to herself as she waited in line. This had been a long time coming - the advertisements for this concert had started long before ticket sales had come out, and then they'd sold out in almost an instant. These special tickets? Even faster. They lasted minutes, not hours. Thankfully, Misaki was committed to seeing this concert. She'd been ready when those tickets went on sale. She had set up, making up a line for her family about a kendo club practice lasting a whole day. She had been one of the very first camped in the line, with some meals, snacks, a portable console, and a few other distractions. She had laid out someone who tried to snag her place when she wasn't looking.

She was no idol superfan like everyone else in that line. No, there was one reason she had camped out, one reason she'd spent a significant portion of her savings on the hyper-rare ticket, one reason she went to all this effort for a concert she could have seen on streaming or something easy:

She was here to embarrass her sister.

You know, Miyuki, you brought this on yourself. You could have slipped me and my friends some tickets for the good seats, made something up about a friend of a friend or a lottery, but nooo, gotta keep the secret... camping out all night's going to be so worth it for your face, hehehe...

She giggled to herself, a cute noise that didn't match the spite in her thoughts, when she heard the crash. She whirled round to face the noise and see what it was, fists almost starting to come up on an instinct just in case.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2023, 07:22:37 pm by Twinwolf »
Logged
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

GreenKnight

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Briar looks up from where he has a slew of various audio equipment in various states of disrepair, plus a few new pieces and some monitors to help balance it out. He gives a thumbs up to the various crews. "Nothing's kicking down the door yet, and the sound here's gorgeous. If I had the time I'd go skate the rim a few times for a better look, but I don't think we want any ghost tales of a rider running around."

He lets out a bit of a cackle, adjusting the glasses he wore around his forehead as he dove back into the audio technica he had half buried himself under. "I'll keep an ear out and both eyes open tonight. Promise."
Logged

rustytengo

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Momiji yawned as she turned away from the game she was playing on her phone when everyone started talking. Kicking her feet that hung over the side of the table she had commandeered as her lounging spot she looked towards the door and Miyuki 

"Ill tag along if you going to go look for them." She said pushing herself of the table with a jump "After all its easier to find something if more then one person is looking." She stretched a bit. Besides there might be an over zealous fan who needs some sense knocked into them she mused to herself with a grin as she made her way to the door.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2023, 12:44:21 am by rustytengo »
Logged

Solymr

  • Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile

Araki stretched, bottled water in hand, trying to shake off the excess energy of a concert day buildup. The Doc's request gave him a chance.

: I can go fetch people if you want. No forecast for a beatin' means nothin' to do but sing, and I got a few in me.

He finished demolishing the water bottle and walked to the door. Barely giving the rest any time to brace, he opened the door and-

: MIKIIIIIIIIIII! Where ya at, brother?

The booming voice resounded in the backstage, gantries, and probably China.

Logged

Chevaleresse

  • Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

Miyuki made a kind of "eep" noise and nearly slammed herself into the doorway with her startled jump.
Logged
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

GreenKnight

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Briar looks up, glaring a bit at Araki's back as all the microphones he had hooked up peak at the same time. "My man, you're gonna break something yelling like that. Woudn't be surprised if half the crew just fell over from the shockwave."
Logged

Solymr

  • Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile

Araki merely shrugged.

: Y'all just not used to it, I bet he's fine and getting his ass down here fast.
Logged

LyfeldLesk

  • Bay Watcher
  • Wandering Mercenary
    • View Profile

Abigail was sitting on a nearby foldable chair, attempting to gather all her focus onto the oncoming concert, trying to keep herself off from the main conversation. Luckily, she hoped that there would be no Amanojaku crashing their concert, but if that ended up being proven wrong...

Well, she wouldn't be sorry.

Just as she was planning to take a sip of her drink.

"Oh, what the-"

The sudden shout caused her to squeeze the bottle in her hands, splashing the nearby floor with the contents of the bottle.

"Agh, god damn it. Keep the yelling for the concert, will you?"

She sighed as she saw the pool of coffee near her feet, standing up feeling slightly tilted - but despite the losses, she couldn't help but feel a little bit more focused now.

"Still... impressive shout. Just don't do that again, will you? I need my ears.
Logged

SirAston

  • Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile

"What a drag..."

It was supposed to be a thought, but instead Seitaro mutters it in a hushed volume. He looks at the Super W Deluxe OverVictory Premium ticket in his hand. Of course, it isn't called that, it's "just" a backstage pass, but the way he acquired it, might as well be called that in his mind. After all, who else can claim to have received the best ticket avaible for a concert via an anonymous mail, with a letter pretty much suggesting he should definitely come. Like most rational people, he first thought it was a prank, but he checked everything online, he analyzed it himself, compared it to those few who made a photo of their own backstage tickets - praised be the combined force of #QueensOfMusic and #SendoArena, and the human desire to celebrate and brag - and as far as he can tell, it's the real deal. Who would use a genuine ticket to make a fool of a stranger? Thus Seitaro has queued up, in the nicest outfit he had in his wardrobe, his hair combed and styled with some gel. All eyes will be on the stage, but while he's here, might as well have fun and attempt to catch some stray gazes. As long as it's genuine, the least he'll get tonight is good music, some fun, and tinnitus from the fans.

While standing in the line, he notices that most of the people in that line were either fully-devoted to what the stage has to offer tonight, decked out in merch from past attendances, and/or bored rich girls looking for some excitement thanks to mommy's or daddy's credit card and credentials. Most of them are fully-emerged in their phones and bragging about how they're standing in the line. By the sound of it, one of them was even haughty about it. Probably showing her true colors to a friend now. Meh, he should have known better. But then he finds what he considers to be a "cute blondie". Possibly a foreigner? Either way, she doesn't seem excessively obnoxious or fanatic about the current situation. Maybe she'll be up for a chat, if that impression will last during the concert.
But before he could conclude his thoughts and finalize his "battle plan", a sudden loud noise from behind startles him enough that he let out a short, high-pitched yelp.
"UWA!"
He couldn't help it, he's been rather sensitive about crashing noises like that since that one fateful day. Everyone would be. Still, he sees it as a rather ugly and embarassing side of himself. And his reflex towards expressing it in public is to immediately take up a tough boy attitude as he turns towards the direction of the crashing noise.
"O-oi! What's the big deal?!"
Logged

SeriousConcentrate

  • Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

For his part, Nagisa had been sitting quietly in the corner with his eyes closed, the world tuned out, and casually jamming on his banjo. He wasn't playing any Galactic Fairy songs, just sort of noodling about and looking for melodies that sounded good - aural inspiration, if you would. He was forced out of his activities by the sudden intrusion of his genmate's very loud call, and he opened his eyes to look up from the folding chair he'd pulled aside.

"Inside voice, if you please, Araki. Or at least, not the packed stadium voice."

Nagisa chuckled to himself and put the banjo back in its case, then leaned it on the wall next to him as he got up.

"If you want, I can go look for Miki. I doubt he missed the call but it might not hurt to have someone searching about."
Logged
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

rustytengo

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Momiji covered her ears as Araki yell,
"You really thought it was as good idea to yell inside around a bunch of people!" Momiji snapped at him once giving a look that more then likely meant she would hit him if there was other people around. "If you didn't notice Miyuki and I where already going to go look." She said letting out a huff and rolled her eyes as she turned back to the door. 'You okay Miyuki?"
« Last Edit: October 19, 2023, 01:56:20 am by rustytengo »
Logged

Chevaleresse

  • Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

"O-oh, yeah, I'm fine. There's no need to yell back at Araki, it just caught me off guard a little. Sorry." She glanced around at the increasingly large array of volunteers. "I can look for Miki myself, it's really no trouble."
Logged
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 48