Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 1005 1006 [1007] 1008 1009 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 970413 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE
« Reply #15090 on: June 03, 2014, 08:33:36 am »

well, then please try to do it without making characters turn almost a whole 180°.

That Selina is simply wrong. Also it's hardly the weight limit that would make her overpowered, but the actual function, like the bracelet. That stuff she creates would come pre-enchanted with telepathy and teleportation, now *that* is something that needs to be rebelanced. I kinda doubt that the weight limit will help. As far as the combat-prohibiting flaws go, where do they suddenly come from even?
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15091 on: June 03, 2014, 08:34:33 am »

More she summons in combat. She has fought back before, but I didn't think pacifism COMPLETELY killed any chance of her trying to attack or defend herself... Theres too many downsides to what I already tried to do to keep her balanced.

And Selina is terrified of most things in combat.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15092 on: June 03, 2014, 08:37:48 am »

the problem I think is that really, nobody knows what the hell GWG is even doing. 70/09.~77 we keep that below blah?

what? what does that even mean?
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #15093 on: June 03, 2014, 08:44:19 am »

I can't find anything for blood abilities, so I'll skip that. Here, we'll definitely need to use the point-cost-reducing Alternate Form rules. Dragon form has some pretty clear disadvantages anyways. We'll also want a hybrid form with some of the powers, so that's a total of 30 points. 70/0.9=~77, so we'll need to keep the total of all things below that.
Flight (Winged) would be 30 points. Four points of DR (hm, we'll need to figure out typical damage values in GURPS and the annoyingly unnamed FE-based system) for the scales, with the Can't Wear Armor limitation, costs another 12 points. Then, let's add another...oh...16 points of DR that only works on fire, worth another 16 points. Let's give her Sharp Claws and Sharp Teeth, which should add up to a Good weapon in the unnamed system and definitely cost 6 points. Another 10 points gives you fire breath, and increasing that to 20 lets us make it a cone with a maximum width of 5 yards. That should be an impressive burst of flame. So far, we've got 84 points. Okay...I think we need to get started on the disadvantages. Taking double damage from cold gives you another 30 points. There's a convenient meta-trait on page 263, allowing me to just list "Quadruped" and give you another 35 points. Okay, that's probably enough, since now Stella's dragon form is only worth 19 points more than her human one. So let's start by giving her +2 Strength (30 points, as per the rules I set up earlier) and the Cleanse bit of fire (which Angle suggests would be Healing (Afflictions Only), which would probably be a bit more severe than Disease Only, so let's charge you 12 points for that). The dragon form is now 61 points, meaning that the total cost of that Alternate Form is 70 points. Throw in the cost for the midway form and we've got 85; that leaves 15, which is spent on Regeneration (Slow)*, two levels of Acute Taste and Smell, and Sanitized Metabolism (all of which function in all forms). There we go, a dragon-girl! All that needs to be done is deciding what traits function in the hybrid form and figure out a good conversion factor between GURPS and Unnamed-System damage/HP.

*1 GURPS-HP per 12 hours, in addition to normal healing.

Thanks for the Time GWG, the blood stuff can just be flavour since it has never come up anyway

the problem I think is that really, nobody knows what the hell GWG is even doing. 70/09.~77 we keep that below blah?

what? what does that even mean?

I think GWG was saying that alternate form cost some points so the dragon form had to be less than the normal 100 total
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 09:01:16 am by wolfchild »
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #15094 on: June 03, 2014, 08:47:22 am »

I will point out that the teleport was something Emp made if I remember correctly.
It was just telepathy before. So, maybe we explain the teleport no longer working as the magic being fucked up by... everything going all no magic.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #15095 on: June 03, 2014, 09:37:47 am »

More to the point, can someone point me to the GURPS rules we're using? The summoning system sounds like Anima, which I might reenter with, would be hideously unbalanced to her detriment.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15096 on: June 03, 2014, 09:42:11 am »

the current gurps rules do not cover summoning, or at least the summoning rules fromg urps are not properly implemented yet. You can see the current summoning rules under magic in the rules post in my signature. considering anima does not summon a gods full strength, it seems good enough to not leave her as overly OP as "summoning gods" would make it sound

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15097 on: June 03, 2014, 09:47:33 am »

Well, that and she can literally do NOTHING ELSE that would be useful in combat (most of her other magic requires rituals which take hours to days to do- makes sense, she came from the era where that kind of magic was made :P ).

Yay for pre-balancing.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15098 on: June 03, 2014, 09:50:35 am »

well, Selina grabbed a perk to make her summons stay for 2 turns longer. Anima would pick a perk that could make summoning quicker, or possibly even more powerful, if you promise to use that responsibly

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15099 on: June 03, 2014, 09:53:40 am »

well, Selina grabbed a perk to make her summons stay for 2 turns longer. Anima would pick a perk that could make summoning quicker, or possibly even more powerful, if you promise to use that responsibly
Really, the balancing would have to be so she can insta-summon her summons for the entire battle, but a drawback being she can only call one summon and have to switch out if she wants a second summon. I'm trying to turn her into a jack-of-all-trades who can do everything, just not as well (not as good a dedicated healer as whoever is, can't hit as hard as ICARUS, can't tank like Neferis, etc.)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15100 on: June 03, 2014, 09:59:26 am »

that's kind of a very small drawback, regarding that it removes the main drawback of summoning, that it takes time to get something powerful, and that these powerful ones stay not for long

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15101 on: June 03, 2014, 10:02:50 am »

That's the thing, they're all equally powerful, but in different areas. They're also already weaker than characters; what I would be doing is making them as powerful as an average character.

Pre-system change, they were weak already, the new Anima would make them strong enough to compete with characters. Also, forcing the one person who can't fight without a summon to have to spend turns summoning while vulnerable and lose said summon is kinda unfair.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15102 on: June 03, 2014, 10:03:59 am »

well, what kinda stat total do they have?

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15103 on: June 03, 2014, 10:07:13 am »

Under old rules, 61 (50 base + 11 points from MAG).

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15104 on: June 03, 2014, 10:09:00 am »

well, under new rules, PCs are at 100, normal humans at around 40-60 depending on their ability
Pages: 1 ... 1005 1006 [1007] 1008 1009 ... 1030