Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 539 540 [541] 542 543 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 998040 times)

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #8100 on: July 05, 2014, 11:08:32 am »

I'm going to try my hand at raw modding after I finish a few more DFHack details. Is there a mod out there that makes few or minimal changes to the raws, but organizes them better? Even the creature definition of dwarves seems sort of scatterbrained. Not to insult the Toad or anything but I think they could be organized better if someone knew how, which I don't. I'd like a starting point to work with, a mod for modders rather than players. I'd be interested in anything in that category.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8101 on: July 05, 2014, 11:12:48 am »

I'm going to try my hand at raw modding after I finish a few more DFHack details. Is there a mod out there that makes few or minimal changes to the raws, but organizes them better? Even the creature definition of dwarves seems sort of scatterbrained. Not to insult the Toad or anything but I think they could be organized better if someone knew how, which I don't. I'd like a starting point to work with, a mod for modders rather than players. I'd be interested in anything in that category.
Deon made the perfect mod for you: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=133456.0

He sorted everything, and the mod is specifically designed to be a basis for other modders to work with.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8102 on: July 05, 2014, 11:15:03 am »

Perfect! Thank you very much.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8103 on: July 05, 2014, 06:19:19 pm »

Will a creature with both [GOOD] and [EVIL] appear in both good and evil regions? Or will one of those tokens override the other? I am unable to test right now, but it'd be nice to know.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8104 on: July 05, 2014, 06:31:41 pm »

Will a creature with both [GOOD] and [EVIL] appear in both good and evil regions? Or will one of those tokens override the other? I am unable to test right now, but it'd be nice to know.
Not 100% sure, but I know that SAVAGE and GOOD/EVIL goes together. Thats fine, its does not overwrite each other. So my assumption is that it should be fine and the creature should appear in both.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8105 on: July 07, 2014, 08:03:44 pm »

Was going to come and ask a question but then the new version is out. Still, I doubt what I'm going to ask changed. Is a boiling stone at, say, 16000 Urists (wiki claims magma is 12k and creatures made of fire are 14k) is enough to burn creatures near it?
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8106 on: July 07, 2014, 08:11:59 pm »

Now that new version is out, somebody must create a NEW MODDING THREAD!
._.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8107 on: July 07, 2014, 08:16:21 pm »

Now that new version is out, somebody must create a NEW MODDING THREAD!
I'll do it.

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8108 on: July 17, 2014, 10:22:36 am »

A question about wild animal behavior in Adventure mode:
How may I lower their frequency, and make them moving freely, as they are in Fort mode?
In Adv. mode, they are abnormally abundant, and stand still if not disturbed.

I also notice that they can spawn around camp/cave/lair, and in great abundance, to the extent that if you visit a camp and leave for a while, you will find the spawned local wild animals having finished the whole bandit when you revisit. How may I forbid wild animal spawning around such places?
All of them are wearing copper and Iron masks saying "in a time before time somebody attacked somebody"

Show undead posts since last visit.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #8109 on: July 17, 2014, 04:02:37 pm »

Can't effect behavior of most stuff.

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8110 on: July 17, 2014, 09:29:02 pm »

Thanks for answering. If I lower the number in the [FREQUENCY:] tag of every creature, will that make wild animal spawning less?
All of them are wearing copper and Iron masks saying "in a time before time somebody attacked somebody"

deepfreeze78

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8111 on: July 17, 2014, 09:51:11 pm »

Thanks for answering. If I lower the number in the [FREQUENCY:] tag of every creature, will that make wild animal spawning less?

I was under the impression that those values are all relative to eachother, so if all creatures have a frequency of 10 it will have the same effect of all creatures having a frequency of 100. I could be wrong though.
Nothing's truly dwarfy until it's been weaponized to kill elves with magma.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #8112 on: July 17, 2014, 10:01:29 pm »

They are. CLUSTER_SIZE might be what you're looking for.

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8113 on: July 17, 2014, 11:09:06 pm »

Maybe I can create a type of creature - rubber tire, or plastic bag, which is as motionless as a giant sponge, as small as a weasel (thus unbutcherable), amphibian, and cannot even push-attack, and is present in any biome. Then I set its frequency to 10000.

So I modify sponge's raw. Thanks in advance for anyone taking time to have a look.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I remove [BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER] to make them look all the same to each other. And what does [TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:RED:1] mean? Maybe I should change RED to BLACK?

---------
I created a new txt file in object folder, put this in, and genned a new world. It doesn't seem to change anything, and such rubber tire never appears.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 12:21:04 am by §k »

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8114 on: July 18, 2014, 01:51:05 am »

Creatures don't appear that often in the wild, and considering that there are lots of available creature types in every biome, it's unlikely that a randomly found creature turns out to be a tire. To make tires actually exist in every biome, I suggest adding [UBIQUITOUS].

Now to test if they actually appear, generate a new region. Right before accepting the region, press p to export image/info. This should create a file named "region*-world_sites_and_pops.txt". Open that and search for any mention of rubber tires.
Pages: 1 ... 539 540 [541] 542 543 544