Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Play now! Naked!  (Read 1625 times)

tourettedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Play now! Naked!
« on: September 04, 2006, 02:24:00 am »

When you select "Human: Play now!" under adventure mode, is it supposed to start you out bare-ass naked in front of a demon-infested abandoned fort?  It'd be nice if you could maybe pick a weapon specialty and start with some basic gear, at least.

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
Re: Play now! Naked!
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 03:49:00 am »

That's what Play Now! seems to be for.   Otherwise, you'd choose a civilization.

LordNagash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2006, 07:09:00 am »

Play Now! is eventually going to be replaced with a scenario system. But at the moment, yeah, it's pretty useless.

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2006, 09:49:00 pm »

If you plan ahead, you can have a TON of gear in Play Now mode.  Just start a small fortress and play until you have some silver, churn out some gold, and leave it outdoors for your adventurer to later collect without a fight.  Or, have everyone get good at weaponcrafting, and try to get lucky and produce an artifact weapon.  Who cares about initial weapon skills when your sword can cut the head off of a dragon in one swipe?
We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

tourettedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2006, 10:34:00 pm »

I just thought it might make sense as a cheap/quick fix to give the character some sort of basic equipment when starting; make it a default human swordsman or something, rather than random naked guy.  Easy to do and makes 'play now' a little more interesting and a little less (immediately) suicidal.

PNB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2006, 10:44:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Aquillion:
<STRONG>If you plan ahead, you can have a TON of gear in Play Now mode.  Just start a small fortress and play until you have some silver, churn out some gold, and leave it outdoors for your adventurer to later collect without a fight.  Or, have everyone get good at weaponcrafting, and try to get lucky and produce an artifact weapon.  Who cares about initial weapon skills when your sword can cut the head off of a *dragon* in one swipe?</STRONG>

The People of Tal Uso take great offense at that, and will procede to fire breath you.

HY DO THE DOGS KEEP EXPLODING?

Citizen of Erl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2006, 11:29:00 pm »

Hey, PNB, a question. Do you have mention anything other than the fact you Gamesharked dragons in place of dwarves anymore? I'm sorry to be rude, but that seems to make up most of your posts these days.

PNB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2006, 11:37:00 pm »

at about midnight, I'm not exactly at my best, so I talk weird...er than usual. Its just something to say really.
HY DO THE DOGS KEEP EXPLODING?