Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 956643 times)

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:99 failures, one amazing success.
« Reply #3960 on: April 09, 2013, 08:56:11 pm »

((This'll either be awesome or kill me horribly.))
Jixiu looks at his wings, flapping them experimentally. "Well then. That went well." He takes a deep breath, releases it slowly, then says "Clo-Caltel Conth Shubhallethel."
((Don'tkillmehorriblydon'tkillmehorriblydon'tkillmehorribly))
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3961 on: April 09, 2013, 09:05:26 pm »

Shed a tear and say Rothon Halthel again.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3962 on: April 09, 2013, 09:07:43 pm »

((Just who exactly did you piss off, man? I mean, seriously. The fuck is up with those rolls?))
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
  • I came to have fun, but then I found !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3963 on: April 09, 2013, 09:14:13 pm »

scratch out a couple more runes.
"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

luvmonke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3964 on: April 09, 2013, 09:18:35 pm »

Llimp over towards the remains of the fire and hot ash until my leg begins to melt.

Then shape the stalk into long shaft, moving the eye around so that it's in the middle of my thigh and facing behind me.

"It helps because wax is more max is more easily shaped than flesh," Ozzy mutters to himself as he works.

If successful, shout "Harial Karenthar"

If unsuccessful, shout "Shareeb Zerth" and use a stripe from my rope to tie off my lower leg above the eye.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3965 on: April 09, 2013, 09:21:01 pm »

Garstorpit shoshashzel Cycallozion at the beast!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3966 on: April 09, 2013, 09:31:57 pm »

politely excuse myself from the tavern and then start running towards the bridge out of town, assist Derm or corsair depending on who i see first and assist them with words and stuff.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 01:21:10 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #3967 on: April 09, 2013, 09:39:09 pm »

[I can only assume that we Sky pirates have stolen all the luck with our shenanigans. Or just that one of you have pissed off the horrible wonderful and benevolent RNG.]

"Hm, dang, that didn't quite work. Ah well. Onward, towards the sea Sparky! Truly marvelous this, although not quite what I envisioned for our first ship, but our next will be just that much better! So, what to do when we reach the ocean? Shall we try and find a real ship, commandeer it from whoever owns such a vessel, and turn it into one of our own? Hm, not sure if Sparky could lift such though, not unless we made it light... Or I suppose I could simply make Sparky bigger. Good thing we know a word for both of those to do that, eh?" Glassco comments with a snide smirk at the world from behind his mask. Nothing can possible go wrong! 

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3968 on: April 09, 2013, 09:43:52 pm »

Why dont you guys attach some levitating stone chains to your ship and have sparky drag you along?
Its not like you or the bowl weigh anything compated to him.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3969 on: April 09, 2013, 09:57:55 pm »

Started as an answer, wound up more as rambling when it got along.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3970 on: April 09, 2013, 10:43:29 pm »

You need to think sideways more...

Use your levitation mark to command your ship to always be vertical then use stone control to make seats and a place to attach the chain. (Preferably by creating a cage-like frame and attaching it above where you sit, like a cablecar.)

Once thats done you can just have sparky drag you around while you make some seatbelts.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3971 on: April 09, 2013, 11:24:49 pm »

More answers and rambling.

EDIT: I realize Sparky wouldn't need a harness, but that doesn't change the length of the turns sadly.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 11:27:46 pm by Xanmyral »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3972 on: April 09, 2013, 11:40:31 pm »

Why would it take four turns to make a cable car??

Turn one: create staff of control stone, use staff to reshape the bowl into a cable car complete with hoverchain cable.
Turn two: use mark to make ship always vertical, have sparky drag you off somewhere.

Alternately if your worried about the swaying,

Turn one: summon stone control staff, use staff to give ship a cage-frame with hooks or rings tailored to sparkys feet, have sparky grip the frame and carry you around like a skycrane.
Turn two: summon a rubber roof ;D

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3973 on: April 09, 2013, 11:41:38 pm »

"~Joyous-rewarding-science.~"

Do more science.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3974 on: April 09, 2013, 11:54:54 pm »

Indeed, even more rambling and answers. This conversation is quite thoughtful honestly, gives me ideas that I question why I didn't think of sooner. -Snipping idea I'm going to definitely do when down time-
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 12:07:35 am by Xanmyral »
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 435