Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1732 1733 [1734] 1735 1736 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2311211 times)

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #25995 on: December 27, 2015, 07:49:06 pm »

Why would it be hard to kill milno at all if you have surprise?

Buy a 10-token 1 megaton nuclear warhead.

Stand in the room next to him where he cant see you

Detonate, and he's instanly vapourised, incinerated, and sterilised by radiation for a guaranteed permakill.

Leo's only tactical error with his NUCLEAR FOOTBALL assassination attempt was not just setting the timer for ten seconds, opening the command-center blast door, and throwing the damn thing in for a TPK of our C&C staff.

You know how 99% of our missions have had important collateral in the background? like civilian neighborhoods, sleeping planets, several million households and a few dozen million acres of food-producing land, or a small civilisation? They've been present because if they weren't, we'd just buy nothing but backpack nukes.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #25996 on: December 27, 2015, 08:03:03 pm »

@Paris
Gotta get him somewhere that you can attack from long range.  Not impossible, considering he's been planetside at the same time as you before, but a challenge all the same.

@Dorsi
Technically, I didn't say that you wouldn't be able to kill him; I just said that you would die in the process.  But that's just semantics, and you've raised a very good point.

And no, you're not right about nukes.  Mission 2 was in an enemy-controlled spacetime rift (which we were going to nuke), Mission 3 was a remote science lab (which we did nuke), Mission 4 did have collateral (but we basically nuked it anyway), Mission 6 had neither things we wanted to nuke, nor things we refused to nuke, Mission 7 was a quiet world which nobody cares about...  We could nuke everything, but generally our missions aren't to destroy stuff.  HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.

Although, I do wonder why you think we don't use nukes because we want to avoid war crimes.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25997 on: December 27, 2015, 08:07:38 pm »

@Paris
Gotta get him somewhere that you can attack from long range.  Not impossible, considering he's been planetside at the same time as you before, but a challenge all the same.

@Dorsi
Technically, I didn't say that you wouldn't be able to kill him; I just said that you would die in the process.  But that's just semantics, and you've raised a very good point.

And no, you're not right about nukes.  Mission 2 was in an enemy-controlled spacetime rift (which we were going to nuke), Mission 3 was a remote science lab (which we did nuke), Mission 4 did have collateral (but we basically nuked it anyway), Mission 6 had neither things we wanted to nuke, nor things we refused to nuke, Mission 7 was a quiet world which nobody cares about...  We could nuke everything, but generally our missions aren't to destroy stuff.  HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.

Although, I do wonder why you think we don't use nukes because we want to avoid war crimes.

I may have missed "Our mission objectives" in the list of collateral damages we've been sat next to.

War crimes? I focused on the civilian ones because Steve seemed most annoyed by us getting the collateral collateralled when the collateral was civilian (Dambusters, Cereal Killer) than when it wasn't (entire surviving population of hyper-advanced alien race).

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #25998 on: December 27, 2015, 09:16:18 pm »

I will note that Milno couldn't beat ARM if it includes the Doctor due to him having his cells in all of us or somesuch. If he wants to possess Milno he gets possessed.

Other than that, he's the guy with the most missions under his belt, of course he'll have a good chance of killing anyone.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #25999 on: December 28, 2015, 01:06:38 am »

Has it ever been specified if sharkmist is something effected by EMPs?
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26000 on: December 28, 2015, 01:33:46 am »

Miya also hasn't died yet, and hasn't even ever really been hurt bad. A broken arm and a headache is the worst I can remember (well, and one thing Doc inflicted, and the self-inflicted avatar modifications). Milno almost died at the end of m8, if you forgot, though he did come out stronger by luck.
And while space magic is dangerous now, Miya has a +4, which should be enough uses to deal with most enemies in particular (spawn antimatter, everything explodes, avatar can tank it better, gg no re).
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 01:48:33 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26001 on: December 28, 2015, 06:07:16 am »

Great work, syv, thanks!

Only things that I see off the top is that Xan should probably be considered alive, as he's on-mission right now, and thence not permadead, and Jim should probably be removed from the dead list, because he wasn't killed by anything other than seriousconcentrate's request.  With that, it would be 48 killed and 88 alive.

Subtracting Jim, there would be 293 completed missions with 48 permadeaths, or 6.104 missions per death.  That's also counting Xan at 3 completed missions.

And now I see a second entry for xan.  Aggggg...
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 06:20:41 am by Devastator »

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26002 on: December 28, 2015, 06:13:00 am »

There's no reason to overcomplicate things. Surprise attack with a LESHO rifle. Problem solved.

If I survive the Hephaestus basement maze of mystery and have enough money, I'll get a LESHO rifle. Otherwise I'll get the Heavy Gauss Cannon.

Kinda wish people would help investigate. It would make the mission go more quickly.

You plan to be a person of mass destruction? You are packing quite heavy firepower already.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #26003 on: December 28, 2015, 06:29:18 am »

Miya also hasn't died yet, and hasn't even ever really been hurt bad. A broken arm and a headache is the worst I can remember (well, and one thing Doc inflicted, and the self-inflicted avatar modifications). Milno almost died at the end of m8, if you forgot, though he did come out stronger by luck.
And while space magic is dangerous now, Miya has a +4, which should be enough uses to deal with most enemies in particular (spawn antimatter, everything explodes, avatar can tank it better, gg no re).
Yes Miya, we all know you're super cool, you're just jealous we're focusing on how to kill Milno rather than Miya.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26004 on: December 28, 2015, 06:36:59 am »

You know what? You're right, continue discussing how to kill people other than me, that's a much better idea.  :P

But seriously, didn't mean to but in and redirect attention, just answering syv's question of how one would go about it. 'Big explosions' is the tl;dr here.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26005 on: December 28, 2015, 07:01:43 am »

You know what? You're right, continue discussing how to kill people other than me, that's a much better idea.  :P

But seriously, didn't mean to but in and redirect attention, just answering syv's question of how one would go about it. 'Big explosions' is the tl;dr here.

Why do we need to discuss how to kill you? We already had fun doing that once.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26006 on: December 28, 2015, 08:05:43 am »

Why do we need to discuss how to kill you? We already had fun doing that once.

That one didn't go particularly well, shall we try it again? We can try everybody vs Milno after that.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26007 on: December 28, 2015, 11:25:27 am »

Every time I stop following the OOC thread for a while I return to odd reading material. I'm not sure whether that whole thing was flattering or dangerous.

And yeah, Milno isn't a space magic god or anything like that. Surprise, lucky shots, explosives, magic or plain overkill, you name it.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26008 on: December 28, 2015, 11:39:19 am »

Every time I stop following the OOC thread for a while I return to odd reading material. I'm not sure whether that whole thing was flattering or dangerous.

And yeah, Milno isn't a space magic god or anything like that. Surprise, lucky shots, explosives, magic or plain overkill, you name it.
Is it weird that when i think of milno your profile picture is always what i think he looks like?
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26009 on: December 28, 2015, 12:23:04 pm »

Is it weird that when i think of milno your profile picture is always what i think he looks like?

If I recall correctly, that is what Milno looks like. Approximately. Likewise my avatar is what Ulrich is supposed to look like.
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 1732 1733 [1734] 1735 1736 ... 2205