Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Magic Music and Toy-Syndromes?  (Read 545 times)

Snake_Eyes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Magic Music and Toy-Syndromes?
« on: December 01, 2012, 02:59:07 am »

I would like to make musical instruments into magic weapons that used Musical Ability to attack and gave syndromes such as nausea or unable to stand. Is this possible?

So I would add different syndromes to the different instruments, or random if possible. They would be maybe like an evil cloud effect or poison.

Can the attack be based on the Music attribute? I would rather a ranged effect than a bashing attack, but anything would be fine.

Can there be side effects like being affected by brain trauma randomly if you use it?

Thanks,
:D Snake_Eyes

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Music and Toy-Syndromes?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 05:34:56 am »

You can make weapons named as musical instrument and rename some combat profession to "musician", and you can coat them with poisons using DFhack, and that is it.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

travellersside

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Music and Toy-Syndromes?
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 07:42:56 am »

You can make a workshop reaction that will take an instrument and drop a syndrome causing rock. The syndrome could grant you an interaction that then did some of the things that you wanted. The reaction is never reliable, as it depends on the dwarf being affected by the syndrome cloud, and sometimes they aren't (I've heard a figure of maybe 30% failure given), and it'll take a decent amount of work to set up, but in principle, you could do something that would work.