Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Good tileset mod for the newest version?  (Read 627 times)

Teryn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Good tileset mod for the newest version?
« on: February 03, 2016, 01:35:18 pm »

Hi!

I've had a lengthy break from world of Urists and because there is a new version, I was curious whether any of the old Starter Packs still work or if there is a particular updated tileset/graphics mod which I could use? I've played Dwarf Fortress before but the learning curve just feels easier to struggle against if using something else than ASCII graphics? ^_^;

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Good tileset mod for the newest version?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 04:42:05 pm »

Pretty mush every tileset creator would say that you should try their tileset... so I'm beating the rest of them here to point out that Rally Ho is up to date for the 42.05!

Quickly checking the DFFD Graphics Set page (http://dffd.bay12games.com/category.php?id=17), I looks like Phoebus, Mayday, and Spacefox are also up to date for the latest version, and they all look nice too.

As for the Starter Packs, it looks like they are still on the last version of .40.  Since they include DFHack, TWBT, Stonesense, and a lot of other tools that need to be updated for every minor release, I think they are all waiting until the current development cycle is done.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 06:28:46 pm »

Latest starter pack. 42.05, Dfhack, TWBT, graphics, etc.
Not 'stable' but seems to work ok.
http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=11309

Teryn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2016, 07:01:31 pm »

Perfect! Thanks to you both for digging up the relevant information for me. I was somehow unable to locate the Graphics Set webpage on my own but it's good to know where it is for future updates. :)