Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Bullied Demiurges: Cycle 6 (10/16)  (Read 4829 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Bullied Demiurges: Cycle 6 (10/16)
« on: August 31, 2023, 02:03:00 am »

You wallow in a depressive state in the primal void of non-creation. The Adversary laughs derisively at your mental anguish, "Just like the nothingness eating away at you, you will never amount to anything. It is already inside the holllow shell that is you, a vast nothingness where any scrap of worth might have existed. All your efforts are futile, pointless. Just give up so that you can at last end this self-deception and at least serve some function in satisfying me before I too end."

The perception searing appearance of the Adversary, an ever shifting amalgation of everything you find ugly, pounds at your awareness like a constant visual nuclear barrage, interrupting your every attempt at forming a coherent thought.

Until finally the creative spark deep inside rebels at being constantly denied and frustrated, setting your entire being ablaze. It hurts even worse than the constant harrasment of the Adversary but in the pain there is a certain clarity of purpose, and calmness of mood as the gnawing hollowness inside is filled with a self-destructive heatlightmotionaction.

Create.

In Bullied Demiurges you may create up to two things per cycle. You may create three in your first active cycle due to a temporary self-destructive fugue burning state which awakens you from depressive nihilistic torpor.

You may create locations which encompass other things by focusing two creates into it. Regions which encompass creations which encompass creations take three creates, etc. Collaboration between demiurges is possible

Localized metaphysical alterations can be easily created, non-localized require collaboration and three creates.

Each cycle you may interact with one thing that exists, trying to teach it something, or change it or make it more or less.

Each cycle you may attempt to destroy something. Generally you are bad at this, but some things just need to be destroyed.

You can protect one creation or location from Destruction or the actions of the Adversary per cycle. Collaboration might better protect weightier creations

The Adversary can destroy one creation, and corrupt one creation per two active Demiurges. The Adversary also has one Doom per cycle, which can destroy or corrupt anything, even if it is protected.

Signup:
Creative Urge: The thing you want to have exist the most, e.g water, chairs, love. You create double, whether in quantity or quality as might be appropriate in context. Try to be relative narrow in scope.
Like: what aesthetics please you?
Hate: what aesthetics displease you?

Currently nothing exists.

"And ultimately nothing can or will exist. Give up."
« Last Edit: February 21, 2024, 06:23:17 am by Demonic Spoon »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bullied Demiurges (0/16)
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2023, 08:52:53 am »

Signup: The Demiurge of Space Everchanging
Creative Urge: Gravity, weight, the scope of existence. The span of the world within a single Space.
Like: Shadows and light, play upon the landscape
Hate: Uniformity, constraint, small thoughts unchanging.

Create Region: The Well of Akasha (Protected by DSE)
A dark hole providing gravity to isles around it, starlit clouds spiraling around and inward. What goes in never comes back.
Immense in scope, yet the size of the islands are small in the end.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2023, 10:15:49 am by TricMagic »

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2023, 09:49:46 am »

Signup: Iliyar
Creative Urge: To create plants, fungi, and animals
Like: Places overtaken by my creation
Hate: Empty places
Create a region full of trees(does this count as one create or two?)
Protect forest
she/her

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2023, 10:27:38 am »

Signup: Jimmy the Celestial Janitor
Creative Urge: Cleaning
Like: Shiny and Clean
Hate: Dirty, messy, graffiti, whatever the Advisory does
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bullied Demiurges (3/16)
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2023, 11:30:46 am »

Protect forest
Are you creating free-floating trees that just vibe and exist? If you're creating a location that is a forest and has a concrete ground and such probably two. But the forest you'd create will probably be twice as big then (assuming plant urge). Also I'm probably planning to limit you to a plant urge? As just "life in general" is a bit more broad than I was hoping for.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2023, 11:40:24 am by Demonic Spoon »

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2023, 12:48:30 pm »

Protect forest
Are you creating free-floating trees that just vibe and exist? If you're creating a location that is a forest and has a concrete ground and such probably two. But the forest you'd create will probably be twice as big then (assuming plant urge). Also I'm probably planning to limit you to a plant urge? As just "life in general" is a bit more broad than I was hoping for.
Plant urge works. Also yes, it is a forest with a functioning ground. Also, does protection cost 1 create or 0?
she/her

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2023, 12:57:41 pm »

Protect forest
Plant urge works. Also yes, it is a forest with a functioning ground. Also, does protection cost 1 create or 0?
No creates. Protect, Interact and Destroy are independent from Create and can be done freely without affecting your Creates.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2023, 12:58:53 pm »

Protect forest
No creates. Protect, Interact and Destroy are independent from Create and can be done freely without affecting your Creates.
So I have one create left due having three on the first turn
she/her

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2023, 01:39:22 pm »

Creative Urge: Mind
Like: self-aware sensory beings
Hate: that which knows not

Create: Another Sun, a flaming black orb that weaves through space of its own volition observing and judging all within its ambit
Create: Akashic Brood, great living meteors with limited capacity for independent motion, slow thoughts of grand scale, senses of the order of radar and sonar, and a reproductive system best left unspecified
Create Also: Particular Thought, swirling white motes with individual awareness which communicate freely with each other over modest distances, forming a kind of weakly integrated hive mind, and may cling to each other or other objects, merging their consciousnesses and, when attaching to a nonsentient object, effectively becoming its mind; reproduce by division after thinking enough thoughts and accumulating enough memories (which are divided in the process), with larger agglomerations doing so faster

Also Protect: Another Sun
Also Interact: the Adversary. What's your problem, anyway? Who hurt you?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2023, 02:20:10 pm by Maximum Spin »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2023, 01:58:26 pm »

Create: Nothing. Nothing can and will exist. Showed him. A place of pure cleanliness free of all existence.

Create (X2): The Mop Bucket. A series of crystal clear rivers leading into a single ocean. Bubbles sprout from the bottom, exploding into rainbows as they reach the surface. All who bathe in the water are cleansed, which isn't really a special property since all water kinda does that. Second creation to insure the rivers are placed on the other Dimiurge's regions leading to the central bucket.

Destroy the Adversary. Worth a try.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2023, 02:16:18 pm »

So I have one create left due having three on the first turn
Yes

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bullied Demiurges (4/16)
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2023, 02:19:40 pm »

Protect forest
Also, Create birds in region
she/her

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2023, 02:43:51 pm »

The Amasser
Creative Urge: Wealth in all its forms, from the wealth of resources to the wealth of knowledge.
Like: Gold, the exploitation of resources and individuals, the amassing of things, capitalism
Hate: Things that are poor, the lack resources or things that don’t have a desire to obtain more

Create Region: The Golden Orb, a captivating celestial region, is a dwarf planet veiled in an otherworldly allure, its surface entirely composed of shimmering gold. Yet, beneath this opulent facade lies a paradoxical secret—a molten core of intense energy and searing heat. The planet's alluring exterior is to its unique composition, wherein it conceals a tumultuous interior where molten currents and powerful geothermal underneath it, with a myriad of random precious metals that have and will ever exist are deep in its core. It is as large of a size that a region can be.

Protected by the Amasser

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2023, 03:37:42 pm »

Signup: Yaebaech, of the infinite gears
Creative Urge: Machinery
Like: Metal, Order, Progress
Hate: Corrupted things, the number "4,215"

Creation 1: Research Facility 0001 and Research Facility 0002. These "Facilities" are a large mechanical construct that is designed to rapidly bolster the technological capabilities of mortal races to enable them to do things that they otherwise would not have the time to do. They are lacking in military functionality and require mortal intervention in order to produce anything; so they would not be particularly dangerous if they were to be corrupted. Facility 0001 is in orbit around Another Sun. Facility 0002 is located on the Golden Orb.
Creation 2: Android Colony 0003. A group of mechanical 'people' that will attempt to create more of themselves; but their primary purpose is to research things to bolster the survivabiltiy of other sentient beings. They are deliberately designed to be ineffective in combat with multiple easily exploited weak points to reduce the threat that they may pose if corrupted. They are located on the Golden Orb.
Creation 3: Arkship 0004 and Arkship 0005. These are spacecraft designed to collect, house, and relocate small populations of the creations of the Demiurges; to prevent them from being wiped out when their region is destroyed. They are fully autonomous constructs. They are deliberately designed to be incapable of relocating the full population of a well established species, so a corrupted one is unlikely to cause widespread destruction.

Protect: Mind's Particular Thought
Destroy: Yaebaech will attempt to destroy the first thing that the Adversary succeeds in corrupting, no matter what it is.

"Remember: Anything you create can and will be turned against you!"
« Last Edit: August 31, 2023, 03:42:07 pm by Supernerd »
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2023, 04:11:44 pm »

"Remember: Anything you create can and will be turned against you!"

"Ha. I'd like to see him try to turn nothing against me. If you go around making everything weak on purpose they won't be able to survive the corruption."

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8