Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Things we'd like  (Read 5408 times)

Ruttiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://https://server2.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/s/p1/
Things we'd like
« on: September 03, 2012, 04:20:12 pm »

Liberal crime squad has certainly come a long way.  I'd like to see more things to do though. Once you've pressed the big red button 20 times or shot up the police station 10 you are just doing it to maintain your stats, and it takes away from the fun.  It'd be more fun if there were a larger variety of thing to do.  Maybe you can bust into the evidence vault at the police station.  Maybe you can break into fuel storage at the nuclear plant and steal uranium.  Maybe you could break into the control room at the radio and tv studios and shut everything down, or maybe even play something different (could work in conjunction with having stolen data.  Have video or audio tapes of CEO's or judges commiting crimes that can be used here). 

more site actions and possibilities could add a lot, and having multi step ones (steal something here, use it there), could make things pretty interesting.  Furthermore, I think really major actions with serious drawbacks should be possible.  You should be able to bomb a site, resulting in an instant and extended closed down, but it should be both dangerous AND unpopular.  It should still give juice but should result in an immediate loss of LCS popularity and a backslide for the issues associated with that site.

Another major action would be assassination.  It would be exactly what it sounds like, you take out one of the politicians from the status screen, be it a supreme court justice, a senator, or the president or vice president.  The result would majorly bad though, instant big hit for popularity with the LCS, loss of popularity in all issues, and instant physical retaliation (in the form of unavoidable raids to ALL your safe houses.)  It's possible now to clean out the supreme court easily, but this would allow you to do it yourself rather than just influence the background and let it happen naturally.  The instant popularity loss would make it hard to abuse.  You aren't going to get elite liberals in this way, because you are taking an immediate hit for doing it.  You could even make things worse, shooting a conservative in an elite conservative nation is just going to leave you with an elite conservative replacement.

There's lots of ways to expand the game, these are just a few I'd like.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
Re: Things we'd like
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 08:25:41 am »

doing such acts should raise your popularity to the sky , but most of the people would hate the squad instead of forgetting it (you said that the squad should lose popularity , but i think that if someone kills a president , he is instantly mega popular in all the world)

the squad should lose respect from everyone but extreme liberals .
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 08:29:04 am by brainfreez »
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 08:30:02 am »

Nah, killing the president is like 90% likely to just get most of your liberals killed. But it does have the advantage of upgrading say an Elite Liberal VP into power, so it's a worthwhile sacrifice.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 08:32:07 am »

yes , there should be at least 80% chance (depending on your skills) to fail .
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 08:36:13 am »

Even if you succeed, presidential assassins very rarely live much longer than the time it takes them to actually kill their target.
My cabbages!

Elodie Hiras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 09:46:43 am »

Hello!

What about finding juicy informations on presidents/Supreme Court Justices to publish in the Liberal Guardian? There should also be an alternative for pacifists after all...

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2012, 09:56:45 am »

Getting the president impeached would be a nice alternative for pacifists, yeah.
My cabbages!

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2012, 11:39:13 am »

maybe a secret document where a [insert huge and conservative coorporation here] is supporting the CCS ?

Elodie Hiras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2012, 11:52:10 am »

maybe a secret document where government officials are supporting the CCS ?

fixed for you. And as of yet, you can get that document. Try to guess where...

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2012, 03:10:26 am »

While impeachment would indeed be cool the truth is that its no challenge at all to get a bad pres/administration out with a non-violent route.

You can easily swing the populace fairly hardcore liberal before the first presidential elections, if the arch-con ever makes a second term its because I let him.  This is generally through site thefts, I dont do the shoot em up route, mainly because my noobs have a tendancy to alienate sites and destroy our progress.

The hard one to flip is the supreme court which is why the elite liberal ammendment has been added.  This one is also pretty damn easy to do without the ammendment tbh.  More site thefts/raids on courthouse and you gather corrupt judge evidence rapidly, each time you run one of these a supreme court member slot is re-elected and it seems that the more liberal the country the more likely this election leads towards liberalism.

On that note I would like the elite liberal ammendment that purges the house/senate and court to be optional through the start menu like ccs and end-goals.  Failing that I guess I'll get around to checking out the code and make that change somehow.
Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2012, 05:02:03 pm »

I've always wanted something like an event center downtown, where there are occasionally events like visiting senators and maybe even presidents, foreign ambassadors, CEOs and such. It would allow the kidnapping, seduction, assassination, etc. of such individuals. It would obviously be extremely difficult to brainwash a politician before the report that they're kidnapped gets out, but either 1. It shouldn't be much harder than a CEO (though they'd be rarer to find) or 2. politicians should still be able to be sleepers even if they're kidnapped. If someone kidnaps the president, they're not going to just elect a new one because he was supposedly 'brainwashed'. The event center would also be an avenue to national tv similar to but better than the news or radio stations.

Pesi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2012, 06:22:58 pm »

I'd like the ridiculousness that is the CCS Backers list to be in several parts, with each of them found via a different method.

I'd like the Liberal Guardian special editions to cost money to print, being just too powerful as it is.

I'd like the cosmetics lab to have fewer and fewer rabbit cages the more liberal Animal Rights are.

I'd like for people to be carrying around less money the more liberal the Tax Structure is.

I'd like for the alignment of appointed supreme court justices to be partially determined by the people's desire for proper justices; maybe Election Reform can determine the weight.

I'd like for flying a flag to have less effect the less important the flag is.

I'd like for embezzling from the army to be less effective the more liberal Military Spending is.

I'd like for the remaining bugs mentioned in the 'bugs and suggestions' thread to be addressed.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2012, 07:26:43 pm »

I'd like for flying a flag to have less effect the less important the flag is.

This one should already be in effect. Flags should grant less secrecy and less opinion shift when burning as free speech laws go more Liberal.

Pesi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2012, 08:19:24 pm »

I suggest changing the following...
Spoiler: chase.cpp (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: talk.cpp (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: fight.cpp (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: lcsmonthly.cpp (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: politics.cpp (click to show/hide)
...and the guitar's attack description from "swings at" to "ka-bongs"

Alpheus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2012, 03:01:42 pm »

A way to get more ammo for the M249.  The ammo is a common caliber so assuming your liberals don't throw out the drum when its empty there's no reason they can't re-use it endlessly.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4