Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 288 289 [290] 291 292 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1219617 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Riven - Season 1 Update - 1.0.0.125
« Reply #4335 on: September 29, 2011, 01:46:05 pm »

Therolyn's friend is using the Hotshotgg style of LoL. We all know how well that turned out for him but lets be fair, how many of us here are hyper super pro players? Okay, then we won't have to worry about us getting personally banned anytime soon.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4336 on: September 29, 2011, 01:56:10 pm »

I main every champion.

Except Fiddlesticks.

I am bound by oath to never play him again.

I must know.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4337 on: September 29, 2011, 11:40:02 pm »

I dunno if anybody'll actually see this, but at 1:05 AM there's going to be a commercial on Spike TV with a means of getting Dreadnight Garen for free.

Just throwing that out there, for any night squids like me.
Shoes...

Therolyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4338 on: September 30, 2011, 12:05:58 am »

I don't have a main, but I have a small selection of champs I play regularly and I'm becoming increasingly comfortable with picking up a champ I've never played before and trying him in PvP, usually doing at least okay.

Therolyn, your acquaintance sounds dumb.  Picking a single champ and perfecting him will only lead to him getting banned/picked in a ranked game and then you're fucked.

Probably why he never played any ranked games. Mind you I don't play ranked either. Consider myself too poor of a player to get competitive.

As for champions I have a few that I commonly use and more that I like to occasionally use to mix things up. I'm the sort who acquires what he likes with little regard for mechanics.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4339 on: September 30, 2011, 12:18:33 am »

If you were wondering what the real Leona hidden passive was:
Sunlight: Leona's Sunlight deals one less damage to champion skins wearing sunglasses (eg. Surfer Singed and the Commando skins).

Awww yeaaaaah.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4340 on: September 30, 2011, 12:59:50 am »

So have you guys seen the fucking debacle over the Dreadnight Garen thing?

They implied we were getting Dreadnight Garen, we sat through a fucking awful video game TV show (Imagine the worst of G4, then imagine something even worse than that) and then they were like "Tweet #BaitnSwitch to @holyshityudodisriot for a chance to win one out of one-hundred dreadnight garen skins"

On the plus side, people are raging so hard on the forums there's no way Riot's not going to give out free shit to placate them.
Shoes...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4341 on: September 30, 2011, 01:05:50 am »

Yeah, it kinda pissed me off. But I didn't actually sit through the show haha.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4342 on: September 30, 2011, 01:46:49 am »

If you were wondering what the real Leona hidden passive was:
Sunlight: Leona's Sunlight deals one less damage to champion skins wearing sunglasses (eg. Surfer Singed and the Commando skins).

Awww yeaaaaah.

No way. Really?

*Has Surfer Singed, no 1 skin huehuehue*
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4343 on: September 30, 2011, 01:55:44 am »

Learned me first pirate on this map.

phage does seem really beast as second item.

My usuall combination

berserks-phage, no exception,
bf sword/vamp scepter
sanguine blade, ie, or sheen.
another damage item, possibly trinity force.
Armour/Mr to stop melting.(yi melting me, build thornmail.)

Games end right about here.

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4344 on: September 30, 2011, 04:05:04 am »

Auuuugh, Rammus in Dominion just totally raped my team again. Though I know he's very effective in the game mode, I'm just incredibly annoyed with his kit while playing against him.

LuckyNinja

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Mr. Squiffy || AKA LuminiferousPen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4345 on: September 30, 2011, 05:12:32 am »

Well I've recently started playing LoL, and I must say that, despite some aggravation it's been pretty fun. I've been sticking to AI games for now to work out decent item builds, which champs have good synergy etc...  Got to say I'm pretty torn between Xin and Miss for who I like more at the moment. I spent the first few games with Miss trying to build her up as a magic-user (spamming Hail of bullets) until I realised that weapon bonuses apply to Double-Up and that you can easily ram up her attack speed to insane levels :P
Steam page!

Also know as 'Mr. Squiffy'
On Reddit as LuminiferousPen!

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4346 on: September 30, 2011, 08:59:51 am »

I just had the most ridiculous dominion match, we were losing badly to an akali who racked kill after kill (she even quadra killed us right at the beggining and then aced us by killing the last one), and we had like 50 points left while they had over 300. But then we managed to defend 3 capture points for a long period of time, and it was like 15 / 60. And then they got one of our cap points and we managed to get it back at the last second, and we defended successfully after that, with litterally one single point left to our nexus.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4347 on: September 30, 2011, 09:09:27 am »

I find dominion acts very weird for me as far as winning is concerned.

Played 3 games, In every single one of those we were losing badly, and then, suddenly, we win. Only a single loss ever on dominion for me. I think it might be some sort of "relax, we got this" sorta thing that occasionally got winning teams aced on SR, but its far worse when you cant snowball as hard.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 09:11:54 am by cerapa »

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4348 on: September 30, 2011, 11:17:56 am »

Well I've recently started playing LoL, and I must say that, despite some aggravation it's been pretty fun. I've been sticking to AI games for now to work out decent item builds, which champs have good synergy etc...  Got to say I'm pretty torn between Xin and Miss for who I like more at the moment. I spent the first few games with Miss trying to build her up as a magic-user (spamming Hail of bullets) until I realised that weapon bonuses apply to Double-Up and that you can easily ram up her attack speed to insane levels :P

Under no circumstances do I recommened playing a bunch of games against AI. It is much better to get out and fight players and take your knocks. You're going to run into a handful of "smurf" accounts, players who are really level 30 but made a level 1 account to steam roll, but you will also be playing against people who are fairly new.

Make sure you read champion guides on any of the guide sites.
I find dominion acts very weird for me as far as winning is concerned.

Played 3 games, In every single one of those we were losing badly, and then, suddenly, we win. Only a single loss ever on dominion for me. I think it might be some sort of "relax, we got this" sorta thing that occasionally got winning teams aced on SR, but its far worse when you cant snowball as hard.

I have noticed that too. It is like you are never out of the fight in Dominion. Maybe it just has to do with the fact that people start avoiding the fed champs and trutleing... maybe it is because everyone is able to hit critcal mass just with the passive gold bonus.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4349 on: September 30, 2011, 12:42:46 pm »

About to roll AP/Lichbane Nasus.  where doing this man

where making this hapen

It happened, and it's never happening again.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 01:04:57 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 288 289 [290] 291 292 ... 1067