Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 804265 times)

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
Re: Yet Another Fallout Hype Thread
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2015, 09:15:42 am »

Maybe I'm not cynical enough, but a good amount of it looked to be. I'd easily believe you could pull off most of the graphics in that trailer with a modified Skyrim engine, and honestly in a word of prerendered CG trailers I'm fucking glad. Second, it doesn't even look bad. Seriously, I don't understand why people shit on Bethesda's graphics for some reason. Not every game is gonna be Witcher Crysis 2033: Ultimate Benchmark Edition. If anything, I'm glad it seems to run on the Skyrim engine because that way I'll probably be able to run it as-is.

EDIT: Also, the source for the new Fallout 4 site has this:
Vault-Tec Central Mainframe has been restarted. Please attempt re-access. Have a pleasant day.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 09:20:05 am by SealyStar »
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2015, 09:16:47 am »

IDK, I like the graphics.
People will rebuild the world eventually, and since games are usually chronological...

Anyway, we all know there are going to be some Ultimate UltraHD Super Duper Shader Mods, so hey.

E:
the page is still the same for me but hey.
also the hype is real now i have this thread and i have to take care of it ohgod im too young for this ;-;
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 09:19:13 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2015, 09:19:02 am »

I'm not hatin' on the graphics, those don't bother me at all.
My concern is how horribly clunky the old engine was. Any similarities between the trailer and the previous games is cause for concern in my opinion.
I'm still looking forward to the game, I mean, c'mon it's a new Fallout game. I'm just disappointed by the familiar clunky animations. 
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2015, 09:20:27 am »

It's gonna have user-made, user-paid mods, I guarantee you this. Back when Valve backpedaled, they said it was foolish that they tried doing so in an already-established and fully developed modding community. Now that Bethesda's bringing something "new" to the table, and we all know how much Bethesda wants your money, it's gonna have 'em, it's gonna run exclusively through Steam again, and it's gonna be on the Gamebryo engine. I wonder how much the Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch is gonna cost.

I really, really hate the Gamebryo engine. I hate Bethesda. I hate that we tend to slobber over games that are either in their sixth(Elder Scrolls) or fourth/fifth iteration. I'm tired of this common flavor. I'm a little bit sorry for taking a poop all over your hype train, but this dissenting voice must make its part.
Well, if the mod sale policies are going to be the same exact thing, there is no problem with people using part of a mod or adding on to it.  Or doing the same thing, but free.  Without permission.
We will see what kinda shitstorm can be brewed up when it comes over I reckon.  (Would not be surprised is NewCom2 will feature user-made mods too actually...)
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2015, 09:20:40 am »

Shots are in-engine, it seems. And yes, one would be able to do similar cinematics using skyrim's engine. I like the looks of everything. The mojave wasteland looked like a damn alien planet with all that unnatural lighting.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2015, 09:21:08 am »

The level of detail in the house is pretty high - it was probably made specifically for the trailer like that bus from the Fallout 3 teaser.
The rest of the scenes are not bad - pretty much at the level of Skyrim.

EDIT: That airship reminds me of Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of Steel. Also, we have proper weather now, it seems.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 09:34:16 am by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Hype Never Changes
« Reply #51 on: June 03, 2015, 09:42:46 am »

Where do people think it is being based in America? Not being American I cannot pick up on any landmarks if they were shown. is that statue from a specific place or is it a common memorial?
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2015, 09:44:33 am »

squeeeee

:D

Yaaaaay holy shit yay it fucking looks awesome holy shit :D

Better not fuck this up Bethesda :P

Where do people think it is being based in America? Not being American I cannot pick up on any landmarks if they were shown. is that statue from a specific place or is it a common memorial?

It's a guy on a horse. Paul Revere? Iunno. If anything, it looks like it's in Chicago, going by the Airships. Only canonical set of airships with BoS involvement is the Midwestern Brotherhood of Steel from Fallout:Tactics.

EDIT: Then again, Fallout America is different from real Murica, sooo...

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2015, 09:44:52 am »

Mehh, looks to much like Fallout 3. And it seems again it will be nothing like original but more elder scroll like hybrid
Make love not war

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 03, 2015, 09:45:36 am »

Some post on Imgur said Boston, based on a shot of a street in the trailer.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2015, 09:46:57 am »

The statue does look like paul revere's from boston, yes.

EDIT: this one
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 03, 2015, 09:48:09 am »

The statue does look like paul revere's from boston, yes.

tbh, my second guess would've been general lee :P

Even if his statue on a horse is in Richmond, Virginia :P

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 03, 2015, 09:53:15 am »

The extended right arm and hat is too similar to Paul Revere's, and the right hind leg of the horse is in the exact same position as revere's statue's, too.

I dont recognize the building behind it, though.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 03, 2015, 09:55:51 am »

It's Boston. People have identified a number of landmarks like Fenway Park, a steampunkified USS Constitution, and Scollay Square. Also, the source code for both promotional sites mentions the Institute, which is Fallout's serial-numbers-filed-off version of post-apocalyptic MIT. I would imagine they're probably behind the airships and vertibirds given that they're established to be a technological powerhouse.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 03, 2015, 09:59:56 am »

I can't tell, but I'm hoping that's the same engine that Skyrim used. If it is, yay! The NPCs will no longer try to murder us by staring!

But no more Malcom Holme saving us from Legion Assassins because he has to tell us about star bottle caps :P
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 462