Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 804385 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: To Queue or Not To Queue
« Reply #1005 on: July 02, 2015, 04:07:05 am »

I bet they're not even going to ask permission to port mods and that it's going to result in drama.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: July 02, 2015, 04:51:42 am »

"No plans" just means "probably not, but don't be surprised if we change our minds."
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #1007 on: July 02, 2015, 10:55:08 am »

I bet they're not even going to ask permission to port mods and that it's going to result in drama.

The permission will be in the EULAs of the game, editing tools, and online services.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: July 03, 2015, 01:22:12 am »

Just make a mod EULA stating that by using this mod in any capacity Bethesda forfeit their genitals to be turned into tasty bolognese sauce. The legality of such documents is akin to screaming "BY BREATHING YOU ARE ACCEPTING MY FIST INTO YOUR FACE WITH NO LEGAL CONSEQUENCES TO ME!" while beating someone anyway.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: July 03, 2015, 01:27:38 am »

Unfortunately I don't think you can EULA something you have no rights to.

[me] quickly ducks below the point[/me]
Love, scriver~

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: July 03, 2015, 04:49:34 pm »

The permission will be in the EULAs of the game, editing tools, and online services.
Use a third-party editor
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #1011 on: July 03, 2015, 06:38:58 pm »

ah, comeon. The Lewis gun was used up into the 50s.

:v well, the problem isn't how dated the weapon is, its more that its really not an assault rifle :P

Its pretty common for rather old firearms to stay in service for many years after their creation anyway, with just a few improvements over the decades. A good example of this is the Browning Automatic Rifle, created in 1918 and being used by US troops till the mid 70s, being used in WW1, WW2 and Vietnam.

Oh hey, other people are talking about this! Started a thread elsewhere trying to figure out what reasoning they could have for sporting an air-cooled barrel like that.
And being outdated kind of is a big problem- Fallout didn't start up in the 50s. It started in 2077. So in order for them to have 1910s weapons tech laying around, neither World War could have taken place, nor a big arms race like the cold war, or any other major progress for a very, very long time. Maybe if the great depression stretched for a century, and affected the entire world, but even then.......
And meanwhile, they've got M16s & miniguns laying around.

I'm pretty sure they just threw it in there for diversity without thinking about the ramifications.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: July 03, 2015, 06:40:33 pm »

I'm pretty sure they just threw it in there for diversity without thinking about the ramifications.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: July 03, 2015, 07:15:18 pm »

Eh, I rather like it. No, it doesn't make sense, but nobody ever accused any fallout game of being hard science fiction. It fits the 'what if the future happened in the fifties' vibe, which is ridiculous and fun.

I could complain about the fact that pulse lasers should blind everyone in the immediate area when fired at a slightly reflective surface, but that doesn't change the fact that they're a wonderful bit of fun when I suspend disbelief.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: July 03, 2015, 09:06:03 pm »

Well, you got laser muskets or whatever. Maybe people started raiding museums to get any weapon they can?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: July 03, 2015, 09:20:39 pm »

Hey, if it worked in Cataclysm...  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: July 03, 2015, 09:22:47 pm »

I think the idea behind laser muskets is that they are single shot laser rifles made in some dudes basement.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: July 03, 2015, 10:06:00 pm »

That and probably don't need cells, maybe ammo is scarce at that point. Unless they need cells. Which would be dumb.

EDIT: I'm hoping we'll get a slower weapon progression like in the old Fallouts. Since F3 we've had laser pistols and stuff since the beginning by punching some random guy in the face, and they weakened them a lot so they would be on par with conventional guns. Same thing they did with power armor, actually.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 10:11:17 pm by Sergius »

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: July 03, 2015, 10:26:07 pm »

oops wrong thread

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: July 03, 2015, 11:11:53 pm »

That and probably don't need cells, maybe ammo is scarce at that point. Unless they need cells. Which would be dumb.

Maybe you need a fusion battery to make them, and they have (technically) infinite ammo but take a longish time to cool down after firing.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 462