Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 804317 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Bad Bugs and Gutbusting Glitches
« Reply #3345 on: November 14, 2015, 06:25:39 am »

Doesn't seem to be possible. Raider power armor is shit, though. I just stole all the parts off their corpse.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3346 on: November 14, 2015, 07:12:10 am »

Goodness Companions are very useful and completely useless at the same dang time.

Stuebi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3347 on: November 14, 2015, 07:21:13 am »

Allright, I've given up.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm probably either gonna build up the Red Rocket, or that one big Parking Lot with lot's of space. At least until the Mods fix those stupid locations. It's also teeth grinding how you can not build Crafting Stations until you leveld up that weird Leader perk twice. Especially since it's so damn far low on the list.
English isnt my mother language, so feel free to correct me if I make a mistake in my post.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3348 on: November 14, 2015, 07:54:57 am »

How do I assign people to stuff anyway? I don't know if I missed the explanation but regardless I can't figure it out on my own, and it seems you're not able to get the defense counter up without assigning poeople.
Love, scriver~

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3349 on: November 14, 2015, 07:57:55 am »

Allright, I've given up.

I'm probably either gonna build up the Red Rocket, or that one big Parking Lot with lot's of space. At least until the Mods fix those stupid locations. It's also teeth grinding how you can not build Crafting Stations until you leveld up that weird Leader perk twice. Especially since it's so damn far low on the list.
someone in reddit built it up using unusual building things.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3350 on: November 14, 2015, 08:39:32 am »

How do I assign people to stuff anyway? I don't know if I missed the explanation but regardless I can't figure it out on my own, and it seems you're not able to get the defense counter up without assigning poeople.
Press E on somebody in workshop mode, then press E on what you want to assign them to. Really confusing, it doesn't say this anywhere and took me a while to figure out.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3351 on: November 14, 2015, 08:41:43 am »

dont bother fixing walls... npc will just spawn from thin air anywhere they like anyhow.
instead, just litter the area with heavy machine gun turrets. they dont need a lot or rare mats to build, and its way less frustrating to fight this broken building ui.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3352 on: November 14, 2015, 08:43:49 am »

Press E on somebody in workshop mode, then press E on what you want to assign them to. Really confusing, it doesn't say this anywhere and took me a while to figure out.

Ah, nice. Thanks. I tried Eing people but didn't try Eing the place I wanted them ;)
Love, scriver~

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3353 on: November 14, 2015, 09:01:57 am »

Is there any console command for increasing level in perks? Being unable to hack terminals is really insulting.

Also raiders just spawned near my power armour suits, got inside and kicked asses of everyone. Why would not military protect their gear with fucking password, really.

Mistercheif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3354 on: November 14, 2015, 09:35:12 am »

Allright, I've given up.

someone in reddit built it up using unusual building things.
I think for a lot of it they used the foundation pieces.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3355 on: November 14, 2015, 11:32:13 am »

Yeah, I think any settlement I make is going to have one small area with wood floors and wood stairs, and then build everything on a "second floor" above the actual terrain itself. A village on stilts. A lot easier snapping things in place without the terrain in the way. Put the warning bells there so people gather up there when defending.

Not 100% sure how that will work in terms of defense, though. Would invaders spawn "in" the structure or below it, on the actual ground?

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3356 on: November 14, 2015, 11:58:58 am »

Allright, I've given up.

It isn't as hard as you think! Try using the concrete foundation under wood floors. I was able to plug the holes up with that.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3357 on: November 14, 2015, 12:14:59 pm »

i started a research program to reproduce the rad scorpions ability to detect hidden opponents over virtually unlimeted range even while they use stealth technology.
first testings indicate this ability is somehow connected to the creatures ability to borrow, maybe they somehow utilize sismic waves with are produced by the stealthed targets heartbeat.
if this project should be sucessful, i hope to integrate it into the powerarmors sensor to give the wearer full information about any moving object on the planet.

serious: fuckin rad scorpions. even when standing still with some annoying stealth armor thingy that turned me invisible, stealth indication went from hidden to danger in a flash. ran quite far away and hid again, as soon as the danger indictator relaxed to caution, it flipped right back to danger. fucked around with it a bit from shier curiosity, it seemed to work over kilometers range, and its unaffected by los.
annoying. well, bashing the damn fucker to death with a power fist worked fine.

Huh. I literally walked into one without it noticing me yesterday while I was sneaking around a super mutant camp. I only realized it was there when I went to [caution], turned around, and was like, "Wait, that's a radscorpion three feet away from me." Only have 1 point in the sneak perk and ~3 of the sneak magazines.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: codsworth should be everyone's waifu
« Reply #3358 on: November 14, 2015, 12:32:59 pm »

maybe its the difficulty setting? i havnt tested it  (yet) but i have a hunch that stealth is way less stealty and dudes grow eyes on the back of their heads with harder settings.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: codsworth should be everyone's waifu
« Reply #3359 on: November 14, 2015, 12:46:01 pm »

...Ugh.
Level 17 and I finally worked out how to scroll down on the perks screen. I'd wondered why the selection of perks was so small. ::)
In my defence, having to right-click and drag is a bit odd, at least in my experience.

Oh well I'm buying my own copy of the game tomorrow and starting over anyway, so it's no big deal.
On that note, after another unhealthy day of binge-gaming I need to get some sleep so I can wake up and go buy the game tomorrow.
I'm expected to do cool social stuff tomorrow, but fuck that. Priorities. 
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 462