Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 803585 times)

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Basically WH40K
« Reply #3885 on: November 20, 2015, 07:50:47 pm »

Going along the story, it's really killing me that
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3886 on: November 20, 2015, 09:37:21 pm »

I was just attacked by a deathclaw mid conversation. FUCKING LIZARD. Just listening to what Danse has to say and then "DONG. DONG. DONGK AGH"
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3887 on: November 20, 2015, 10:05:21 pm »

All the factions are shitty in their own way, and you can join them, but you can't try to tell them to be less shitty?

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3888 on: November 20, 2015, 10:17:12 pm »

All the factions are shitty in their own way, and you can join them, but you can't try to tell them to be less shitty?
Pretty much.
The primary conflict of the game basically relies ENTIRELY on everyone involved having absolutely zero give in what they think.

Its the kind of thing that could probably be solved in about 10 minutes by sitting down and having a conversation in RL, but in vidyaland it can only be solved by choosing the least shitty of the diarrhea brigade and dumping on everyone else.

Indeed, I do this.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3889 on: November 20, 2015, 10:24:40 pm »

I was just attacked by a deathclaw mid conversation. FUCKING LIZARD. Just listening to what Danse has to say and then "DONG. DONG. DONGK AGH"

https://youtu.be/jLfIC9njdfU

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3890 on: November 20, 2015, 11:02:19 pm »

So, is there a way to sell power armor frames? I've been taking them back to my village every time I find one, and now I have more than I could possibly need (namely one for me and one for a partner) unless I want to start turning all my settlers into space marines.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3891 on: November 20, 2015, 11:05:16 pm »

Not yet. But given that they can be bought from vendors as an abstracted item, I imagine that'll be modded in soon.

This? This is another perfect example of why dialogue that doesn't lock you into a freezeframe and menu is more interesting and dynamic.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3892 on: November 20, 2015, 11:41:11 pm »

So, is there a way to sell power armor frames? I've been taking them back to my village every time I find one, and now I have more than I could possibly need (namely one for me and one for a partner) unless I want to start turning all my settlers into space marines.

Do what I do and make different ones for different situations.

Currently I have two decked out that way, one for when Im gonna chew on lasers and one for combat and talking.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3893 on: November 21, 2015, 01:53:13 am »

I finally got around to finishing the game. Finished with level 71, I think.

Spoiler: Ending review (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 01:58:37 am by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3894 on: November 21, 2015, 02:40:55 am »

Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3895 on: November 21, 2015, 03:30:51 am »

« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 03:38:02 am by Astral »
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3896 on: November 21, 2015, 03:39:24 am »

Beth is known for shitty writing, so expecting a good ending is like expecting gourmet meal in McDonalds. I think their focus in the game has clearly been just making looting and shooting fun, that's it. The plot is just an excuse to make those things happen. I bet they've been looking into percentages of people finishing games (and how many keep playing after finishing) according to Steam and concluded making a good ending is simply not worth it. Why put thought and time and money into it, if people will buy the next game anyway?

So yeah, hopefully Obsidian gets to make Fallout: Seattle or something which will the Fallout with an actual plot.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #3897 on: November 21, 2015, 06:11:01 am »

I don't think writers at Bethesda have ever truly *understood* the way the other Fallout games ended. Elder Scrolls games, you play the epilogue. You walk around and are hailed as a great hero, praised as Nerevarine, see Paarthanax take control of the dragons. It comes at the price that you aren't told the future consequences of your actions.

Meanwhile Fallout 1, 2 and NV tell you the impact you've had on the wastes. 2 even let you have both worlds, still explore the wastes whilst telling you the future impacts, but it did have flaws (You can derail the predictions after all).

I don't think Bethesda's writers ever truly groked the why of that, so they stay with what's familiar.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 06:18:49 am by MorleyDev »

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3898 on: November 21, 2015, 07:20:12 am »

Not yet. But given that they can be bought from vendors as an abstracted item, I imagine that'll be modded in soon.

This? This is another perfect example of why dialogue that doesn't lock you into a freezeframe and menu is more interesting and dynamic.
i very much want the same for hacking and lock picking.
hey everyone, can we stop killing each other for a second? i have to loot some stuffs.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3899 on: November 21, 2015, 08:57:08 am »

i very much want the same for hacking and lock picking.
hey everyone, can we stop killing each other for a second? i have to loot some stuffs.
Its even more egregious if you do the loot pause on a corpse WHILE JUMPING/FALLING. "Yo gravity? Couldja let up so I can strip this corpse naked?"

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 462