Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 419 420 [421] 422 423 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 803581 times)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: It Just Works
« Reply #6300 on: September 12, 2016, 06:00:54 pm »

It might depend on the difficultly a bit. Last time I played through FO4, I played at the highest non-survival difficulty and saw tons of deathclaws/random supermutant suiciders/other strong enemies in some places. I agree that most of the game is still a bit too easy, though - I hope there's a mod that increases the frequency of enemies with power armor and dangerous weapons. Or maybe a mod that makes playing a stealth character with no power armor more rewarding.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #6301 on: September 12, 2016, 06:19:51 pm »

I like the power armor, it makes boss fights like the mirerlurk queen at the castle easy
No sig yet

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6302 on: September 12, 2016, 06:28:50 pm »

I guess what I mean is that fight's easy *anyway* (if you play intelligently.  It's suicide if you face it like a normal creature, kill-loot-return style).  I don't think she can get on the ramparts at all, or at least she was easily kitable.  The spit was hard to dodge, but not *that* hard, and you probably have the stimpacks and med-x to tank it (considering it's one of the few central threats of the game, all resources should be utilized).

I would like to add that, at early levels, the game was actually pretty tense and difficult...  I clearly remember hiding in a (steel?) manufacturing plant, after running past some "snipers" (scrubs with long rifles).  There were about 7 raiders above me on catwalks, and I was cowering behind cover as they searched for me.  I was a LAWYER, what the FUCK was going on.  I was spraying suppressive fire just to keep them away.

I actually didn't clear that area that time, I shot my way to an exit and Got The Fuck Out.  Went back to Sanctuary and built up the base a bit.

Later, the game because a typically easy and slightly tedious Bethesdathon.  But that moment will stick with me.

Also?  I still haven't played since I found Shaun.  It's been a while.  That moment was so powerful that I wasn't sure how to proceed.  I will, sometime, just...  I'm kinda fine leaving that story there.  I might actually make a new character next time.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6303 on: September 12, 2016, 06:47:34 pm »

I quickly browsed through the last pages and haven't seen anything about it, so forgive me if this has already been talked about, but Bethesda said PS4 Fallout 4 (and Skyrim's re-release) won't be getting mod support because Sony vetoed it. Rumor goes that Sony wanted Bethesda to QA every single mod ever published for Fallout 4, which is kind of bullshit and Bethesda said no.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6304 on: September 12, 2016, 06:48:27 pm »

It makes the game fun, in my opinion. What can I say? I like power armor being actual fucking power armor and not just really fucking heavy regular armor.

Now if we could get NCR Ranger power armor...
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6305 on: September 12, 2016, 06:49:58 pm »

It makes the game fun, in my opinion. What can I say? I like power armor being actual fucking power armor and not just really fucking heavy regular armor.

Desert Ranger Armor (Riot Armor) is not true power armor. Only the optic bits are actually powered.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6306 on: September 12, 2016, 06:55:25 pm »

Desert Ranger Armor is fucking HERESY and if anything would make me abandon the NCR, it would be that. (Or curiosity on replays)
They take perfectly functional archaeotech power armor off slain Brothers and Sisters and strip out the fucking servos!
AGHHH

Edit:  Ah no I'm thinking of a different armor I think, nevermind.  Except STILL AGGGH
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6307 on: September 12, 2016, 06:59:54 pm »

Desert Ranger Armor is fucking HERESY and if anything would make me abandon the NCR, it would be that. (Or curiosity on replays)
They take perfectly functional archaeotech power armor off slain Brothers and Sisters and strip out the fucking servos!
AGHHH

Edit:  Ah no I'm thinking of a different armor I think, nevermind.  Except STILL AGGGH
Yeah, you were thinking of Salvaged Armour. Desert Ranger is the one on the game's box art.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6308 on: September 12, 2016, 07:03:34 pm »

I quickly browsed through the last pages and haven't seen anything about it, so forgive me if this has already been talked about, but Bethesda said PS4 Fallout 4 (and Skyrim's re-release) won't be getting mod support because Sony vetoed it. Rumor goes that Sony wanted Bethesda to QA every single mod ever published for Fallout 4, which is kind of bullshit and Bethesda said no.
I heard about that, but I don't really care since I don't own of those consoles... making this sentence extremely pointless.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6309 on: September 12, 2016, 07:12:32 pm »

Honestly, I forgot about that. Makes me want to double down on wanting an xbox one. Aside from not having to make a second profile, having console mods will be a big plus.

I don't have a gaming PC nor am I going to build or make one at the moment.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6310 on: September 12, 2016, 07:18:41 pm »

Honestly, I forgot about that. Makes me want to double down on wanting an xbox one. Aside from not having to make a second profile, having console mods will be a big plus.
FYI there's a size limit on how many mods you're allowed to have and there's no script extender so basically you're limited to simple graphic mods and stuff like that.

It's better than nothing, but it's not the same as a PC.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6311 on: September 12, 2016, 07:20:59 pm »

Meh. WHenever I use mods on NV, I always feel overwhelmed. Never been much for the big quest mods anyway. Graphics tweaks and stuff are nice enough. Are the settlement mods on there at least? Sounds like homemaker and others would be on.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6312 on: September 12, 2016, 07:28:08 pm »

Meh. WHenever I use mods on NV, I always feel overwhelmed. Never been much for the big quest mods anyway. Graphics tweaks and stuff are nice enough. Are the settlement mods on there at least? Sounds like homemaker and others would be on.
Those need it to. Almost everything outside of graphics and UI need it.

Also keep in mind that the graphical stuff generally have to be toned down from the PC versions as... you know... consoles.

Again, there are a lot of good mods on there. But temper your expectations significantly.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6313 on: September 12, 2016, 07:29:29 pm »

Blegh. Whatever. I'll deal with it when I cross that path. I mean, by all means woo mods. But I never felt like I was missing out for the year or two I only had console new vegas. Sooo... By the time I get FO4 on the PC, I feel like it'll be the same. I'll have a game that I love on the PC with mods that'll make it better.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6314 on: September 12, 2016, 08:14:05 pm »

Desert Ranger Armor (Riot Armor) is not true power armor. Only the optic bits are actually powered.
YEAH BUT WHAT IF IT WAS DUDE
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...
Pages: 1 ... 419 420 [421] 422 423 ... 462