Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 51

Author Topic: BM XLI: On Wings of Haven -- Scum Victory!  (Read 96592 times)

nightcrafter27

• Bay Watcher
  • Extrapolator Extrodinator
    • View Profile
Re: BM XLI: Day 2, A Silent Requiem -- Day 2! [ANY] Replacement needed.
« Reply #585 on: June 09, 2013, 06:31:10 pm »

If you really need a replacement that badly, I could try my hand. It would have to be an absolutely last resort though. I'd be replacing in to my first game, I haven't read the thread, I'm on vacation, and Vector scares me (:3). I will happily re-read the thread and play my best if you do need me.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: June 09, 2013, 07:50:47 pm »

If you really need a replacement that badly, I could try my hand. It would have to be an absolutely last resort though. I'd be replacing in to my first game, I haven't read the thread, I'm on vacation, and Vector scares me (:3). I will happily re-read the thread and play my best if you do need me.

Please do replace in >:3c  I have no idea why I scare you if you haven't read the thread, though.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

nightcrafter27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: June 09, 2013, 08:11:39 pm »

Ok guys, I'm in. Awaiting role PM...

Please do replace in >:3c  I have no idea why I scare you if you haven't read the thread, though.

I have read other games. Specifically Pandar's near-flawless Not-So-BM and the recent Magic Mafia.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: June 09, 2013, 08:12:54 pm »

Um.  Well, you've seen me playing at my worst, then, so hopefully you'll get some better instruction here.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: BM XLI: Day 2, A Silent Requiem -- Day 2!
« Reply #589 on: June 10, 2013, 12:00:02 am »

Vote standings:

• Griffionday(0) -
  • Lenglon(0) -
  • griffinpup(0) -
  • nightcrafter27(0) -
  • TheWetSheep(1) - Vector
  • Vector(2) - TheWetSheep,  Leafsnail
  • Leafsnail(1) - Griffionday
  • Not Voting(3) - nightcrafter27, griffinpup, Lenglon

nightcrafter27 has replaced Demdemeh

Day 2 has begun and will end at June 12, 2013. [Wednesday] 9:00 pm [GMT//UTC +8]

Extension requests: 0
Shorten requests: 0

3 votes needed to extend the day
4 votes needed to shorten the day

Praise be, for Think's LurkerTracker!

"I don't think it'll be long enough, sirs and ma'am."
"And why not?"
"Look at the light. It's refracting..bending, something like that. Just look!"

And the words were spoken true. For at the apex of the sunwell where the sunrays came, the foremost mirror began shifting light and breaking it into a spiderweb of rays and beams, lighting up the lightless room and making it as bright as day. The runed tablet sparks back to life.

"Ok, ok. Good work. We've stalled enough though. However, one more problem."
"Dariush is still here, or we're all going to die?"
"That, and the spider is gone."
"Oh."
"...Oh."

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
Re: BM XLI: Day 2, A Silent Requiem -- Day 2 -- In the Hall of Glass
« Reply #590 on: June 10, 2013, 08:14:33 am »

Nightcrafter: Once you've finished reading, what's your opinion on Vector? How about Leafsnail?

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: June 10, 2013, 09:04:32 am »

Vector, when will you be able to post some content?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: June 10, 2013, 09:20:02 am »

When I'm feeling a bit better?

My mental health isn't on a fucking timer.  I'll post, but for the love of god stop being such hassly assholes.  I'm really tired of people jumping on my neck going "HEY WHERE'S THE ACTIVITY" when I'm doing 2x what they are.  I'll be active.  It will be reasonable.  It will be sooner if you don't pester me.

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: June 10, 2013, 12:33:05 pm »

I'll try and post something substantive tonight; final prep is killing me though.  (I'm not going to ask for a replacement, don't worry)

Didn't happen, and won't happen today either, I WILL post something Wednesday I promise.

And Yay! Replacment.

Nightcrafter, you are awesome.  And don't worry; Lenglon and Shinigami both replaced into their first games (with varying levels of success, but I digress).

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: June 10, 2013, 01:43:03 pm »

If it's an option to take a few more days, I'll do that.  Or maybe respond to posts a couple per day for the next little bit.
I'll try and post something substantive tonight; final prep is killing me though.  (I'm not going to ask for a replacement, don't worry)

Didn't happen, and won't happen today either, I WILL post something Wednesday I promise.
Day 2 has begun and will end at June 12, 2013. [Wednesday] 9:00 pm [GMT//UTC +8]
Extend
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

nightcrafter27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: June 10, 2013, 04:45:11 pm »

I still have ten pages to go, but now that I'm closer to present posts anyone with questions about Demdemeh's behavior should ask. Please keep in mind that I don't have any idea what he was thinking, so my guess might just be as good as yours.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: June 10, 2013, 08:35:55 pm »

Extend, I guess.  This will be the last extension I vote for today, I don't think this game can handle any more.

I still have ten pages to go, but now that I'm closer to present posts anyone with questions about Demdemeh's behavior should ask. Please keep in mind that I don't have any idea what he was thinking, so my guess might just be as good as yours.
Demdemeh's replacement: I think I've already made most of my questions clear, and it's a shame that Dem appears to have vanished because a lot of players seem to regard a replacement as a chance to wipe the slate clean.  However, I would like to ask Dem's eventual replacement to speculate on why Dem would not vote for someone they believed to be the mafia rolecop, and why they made a shorten request when the vote was not in their favour.

nightcrafter27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: June 11, 2013, 12:46:57 am »

Leafsnail
Demdemeh's replacement: I think I've already made most of my questions clear, and it's a shame that Dem appears to have vanished because a lot of players seem to regard a replacement as a chance to wipe the slate clean.  However, I would like to ask Dem's eventual replacement to speculate on why Dem would not vote for someone they believed to be the mafia rolecop, and why they made a shorten request when the vote was not in their favour.

I believe that Dem was a panicking noob-town. Griffy lays into him with the pressure pretty hard starting here and doesn't let up, even when he knows the day will end before Dem reads his post. For someone who isn't used to this kind of intensity:
I’m actually not that assertive in real life, and I also said that I’m new to this level of focus in a forum environment.
Dem didn't really stand a chance, and ended up tunneling Griffy through he end of D1.

You want pressure? All right.

What good reason would someone have to make THAT typo? What WERE you thinking, besides "What the hell, dude?!" when Cado roleclaimed? Why did you pick that moment to jump all over me? Because I still maintain that it looks an awful lot like your buddy is doomed, and you're trying to divert pressure, just as you accused me of diverting from myself to Shinigami. You haven't said an awful lot to Cado, actually, since he claimed. Everyone else has had a lot more to say, and you even commented on MY opinion; why did you think it was my purpose to apply pressure to him when all I said was that I didn't know if he was trustworthy?

I'm tired of waiting, too. Shorten.

Here Dem is stating pretty much what you are looking for. Why is he not voting for who he suspects to be the mafia role-cop? Cado is "doomed", so Dem uses his vote to put some weight behind his case on Griffy. He thinks Griffy and Cado are the scumteam, so while everyone else has voted Cado a secured spot in the gallows, Dem is pursuing he next suspect.

Why did Dem vote for the shorten when his vote isn't going to get anything accomplished? If you look at the votecount immediately following the post quoted above, RangerCado has 3 votes, and Dem has 2. He's worried that Cado and his scumbuddy Griffy will convince someone to switch their vote, lynching Dem instead. Now I have no idea why Dem didn't switch his own vote to Cado, but his vote to shorten does do the trick to get his scum pick of Cado lynched.

If my interpretation of Dem's actions left anything out or was unclear, please tell me Leafsnail.

Now I have some questions and points of my own for you.

You seem to be regarding Dem's being replaced as scum fleeing pressure. Do you? Why? Your question to me explicitly says this:
and it's a shame that Dem appears to have vanished because a lot of players seem to regard a replacement as a chance to wipe the slate clean.
(again, my bolding)

As a quick side note, I found Lenglon's reaction to RangerCado's claim fairly convincing, while Shinigami's seems a little more forced.
Why did you not pursue this? You found something suspicious, pressure Shinigami/TWS. Who is your third scumpick? Do you even have one?

Everyone who isn't voting for Vector or Dem should be trying to explain how their actions make sense from a town perspective.
You are dead certain that Vector and I are scum. I can't speak for Vector, but what happens when I flip town? Who is your next suspect?

I guess my advice is "advice that I think will help win this game, and thus provide you with experience to help in future games"
Relating to above: You are "advising" everyone to vote to lynch me. I suppose that if I want town to win, I should follow your advice and vote myself. Or, you are scum, and so it would make perfect sense to lay down and die so you can win faster. You never specify who would be winning the game, Leafsnail. Why then, do you advise that every player tunnels your two scumpicks?

TheWetSheep
Nightcrafter: Once you've finished reading, what's your opinion on Vector? How about Leafsnail?
I didn't quite get to Vector tonight, and I'd like to see her response to the questions posed to her as well.

I think that's all I'll be able to get in tonight. I've finished my read, and will go back and do more hunting tomorrow. And I do agree, Extend.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: June 11, 2013, 12:50:23 am »

Right.  I'll start with this.

TheWetSheep is scum.  More tomorrow.

nightcrafter27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BM XLI: Day 2, A Silent Requiem -- Day 2 forever! Replacement needed.
« Reply #599 on: June 11, 2013, 11:03:23 am »

PFP

TWS:

Leafsnail:
Spoiler: TheWetSheep (click to show/hide)
1. Yeah, I should be doing that, but I really don't have the time. The indefinite extension is really convenient for me, actually. I'll pressure people when I have more time. You are now reading town to me, actually, if only because I agree with your scumpicks and reasonings.

2. Yes, if I had to pick a scumteam it would be Vector and Dem. You bring up a really good point there, and in my reads post I go into a bit more detail on his jumping on Griffion.
Why are you buddying Leafsnail here? Do you have a case on either Vector or me besides what Leafsbail has already stated? Do you think Leafsnail softballed you with his next question to you ("Wen will you have time?", IIRC)? I have posted my ideas on the reasons for Dem's behavior. Do you agree with them? If not, that parts don't seem accurate?
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 51