Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rediscovering lost fortresses  (Read 1109 times)

Craftling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Rediscovering lost fortresses
« on: September 07, 2009, 11:43:47 pm »

When asking around in Adventurer mode sometimes you should be informed that, "There used to be a dwarven outpost a few miles to the north-east but we lost contact with it a few years ago".
Now when mining in Adventurer mode is set up you should me able to mine your way back into that fortress and rediscover things or maybe find that the dwarves still live in there or that it has been overrun by skulking filth.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Rediscovering lost fortresses
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 12:58:46 am »

Huh? You can already visit your old fortresses, and if they fell to some nasty monster(s), they will still be living there. If any dwarves were left alive, they would have wandered off though.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

blah28722

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 01:20:37 am »

I think he's talking about hidden civilizations that don't initially show up in adventurer mode. Kinda like caves.

Craftling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 01:34:41 am »

I think he's talking about hidden civilizations that don't initially show up in adventurer mode. Kinda like caves.
Yeah that's what I meant.

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, 11:48:30 am »

bonus points if it's your old fortress....  Lord knows I need help finding it, considering I spend 10 minutes looking for a site at the beginning and try finding it 4 months later