Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 114

Author Topic: Spacegineers... Spengineers... Space-Genners... SPACE ENGINEERS!  (Read 226512 times)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spacegineers... Spengineers... Space-Genners... SPACE ENGINEERS!
« Reply #840 on: November 08, 2015, 07:57:09 am »

I've been assuming, but don't know for sure, that planets are going to require a new game. Don't suppose they ever said anything about it?

Planets will be part of space engineers, not another game afaik.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: November 08, 2015, 08:00:13 am »

Saw this game in action.

HOLY COW was it sooo boring.

If I ever get this game I am never EVER going to try it solo. It just takes too long to do even the most basic of actions.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #842 on: November 08, 2015, 08:07:58 am »

I've been assuming, but don't know for sure, that planets are going to require a new game. Don't suppose they ever said anything about it?

I'm sure they meant starting a new game, as opposed to continuing a save.

deoloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: November 08, 2015, 08:20:39 am »

I'm sure they meant starting a new game, as opposed to continuing a save.

Yep. Been holding off in getting back to it as I believe I'll need a new world.

Mullet Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: November 08, 2015, 10:33:08 am »

How long does it generally take to join a server? I waited about five minutes and nothing happened.

You have to download the existing map from the server each and every time you join - that is the long delay you are experiencing. Yeah, it does take several minutes minimum to get.

I know you got into the game last night, but I'll leave this info here in case anyone else wants to join.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: November 08, 2015, 11:10:19 am »

I know you got into the game last night, but I'll leave this info here in case anyone else wants to join.

Is there anything that would cause a directx9, 32-bit computer to mess up?  My Linux computer is the only one up to spec to be able to play the game, and I've been unable to figure out how to get the 64-bit WINE working, plus I can't figure out if directx11 is supported yet or not.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Mullet Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: November 08, 2015, 11:15:42 am »

Is there anything that would cause a directx9, 32-bit computer to mess up?  My Linux computer is the only one up to spec to be able to play the game, and I've been unable to figure out how to get the 64-bit WINE working, plus I can't figure out if directx11 is supported yet or not.

I run game in dx11 on windows 64bit natively. There are a tremendous number of bugs out there - so there's a good chance it's broken for your particular configuration. In last few patches asteroid rendering was completely broke and fixed within a 1 month cycle.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: November 08, 2015, 04:23:16 pm »

How long does it generally take to join a server? I waited about five minutes and nothing happened.

Depends on how many mods the server has, and how much "stuff" is in the world. Typically it should only take a minute or two for unmodded servers, and those servers you see with hundreds of mods can take 10+ minutes to download them all (yes, every single time you join)

Yeah, they said somewhere that planets will require a new world generation.

Saw this game in action.

If I ever get this game I am never EVER going to try it solo. It just takes too long to do even the most basic of actions.

You can make it go faster, most people seem to do at least 3x cargo (so you can carry more), 2x welding speed, faster refining speed, etc. All 1x everything is kind of a drag after a while.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: November 08, 2015, 04:30:31 pm »

There are many problems with using neutronium. The first is assuming that the substance exists and could be produced or contained in any way. :P
We know it exists in neutron stars, but containing it is impossible with today's technology.
We have no idea what is really inside neutron stars. Matter as we know it can't actually exist in that kind of environment, which is why its called neutron-degenerate matter. Neutronium would be a fictional material composed of tightly packed neutrons. I don't know under what conditions such a thing could exist.
Watch this video It explains it pretty well.
At 3:10 it says we're not even sure what goes on inside the core. The beginning says that the outer layers might be a matrix of iron nuclei. So I say again, we have no idea what the stuff in a neutron star is like. It's all best guess, because our physics models break down in those environments
What if the inside of such mnonster were in fact mini blackhole but not big enough or strong enough to crack the neutron *shell*?
In such a case I would look hard to see if the neutron star doesn't have any suspicious satellites with Inhibitor devices at the center.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: November 08, 2015, 04:44:52 pm »

Saw this game in action.

You can make it go faster, most people seem to do at least 3x cargo (so you can carry more), 2x welding speed, faster refining speed, etc. All 1x everything is kind of a drag after a while.

In all fairness to the game the person was making a huge project and I was just watching them build wall block after wall block.

More people would have made it quite a bit more bearable.

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm actually Korbac! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: November 08, 2015, 07:05:34 pm »

Saw this game in action.

In all fairness to the game the person was making a huge project and I was just watching them build wall block after wall block.

Yeah doing lots of mining / welding by hand takes AGES on x1. I suppose that's the point though. Even a Small Ship with a single drill can mine about 5 times as fast as you can and the same goes for the welding.
I'm Korbac. Not sure what happened to that account.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: November 08, 2015, 07:15:38 pm »

Saw this game in action.

You can also make a ship-mounted welder that has an area of effect so you can weld more than one block at a time, and the ship can carry a LOT more than you... makes things go by significantly faster. If the person you were watching was welding a huge armor wall by hand... that's probably about the most boring thing possible in the game.

You can even do tricks with pistons and such to make a sort of a 3d printer for spaceships so that as long as you have all the parts in storage, you just press one button and it "prints" the ship automatically.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: November 09, 2015, 12:42:23 am »

The game is definitely more fun with more than one person tho'.  Dividing up the work makes things much more enjoyable.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: November 09, 2015, 03:44:21 am »

I found the biggest thing to do in the game is to be more productive, i.e. weld everything faster, build a mineship, build a refinery, build a bigger mineship, build a bigger refinery, combine both, repair after you slam it into a laggy astroid.

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: November 11, 2015, 02:12:36 pm »

Word is that planets are coming tomorrow.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 114