Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 114

Author Topic: Spacegineers... Spengineers... Space-Genners... SPACE ENGINEERS!  (Read 226479 times)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: Spacegineers... Spengineers... Space-Genners... SPACE ENGINEERS!
« Reply #1350 on: August 25, 2016, 05:26:25 pm »

Are there any good mods? As in, mods that are so good that people literally don't play without them?
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: August 25, 2016, 05:35:46 pm »

Actually, I'm seeing many workshop designs that go specifically without mods. It seems people prefer to work in vanilla. Probably in part that any update could easily break mods.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: August 25, 2016, 05:48:03 pm »

Sooooo, anyone want to trade torchlight 2 or don't starve for a spare copy of space engineers?

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: August 25, 2016, 05:52:22 pm »

Are there any good mods? As in, mods that are so good that people literally don't play without them?
Here is a couple i just cannot live without.

Hacking station
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=728555954

Shield
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=484504816

Scanner
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=444539430

Ship Status
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=715138160

Configurable LCD Display
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=403921671

These are my go to, for the rest well, they are pretty much pack more customisation and such, but i have been away for quite a long time so i wouldnt be able to tell you wich block pack would be best, new weapons, refinery and stuff like that.

Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: August 25, 2016, 08:26:09 pm »

The only mods I feel are really worthwhile are nanite control block and long range antennas

Longer range antennas because the devs clearly designed antenna range with super tiny worlds in mind, and have never bothered to rebalance them. That you can't even reach orbit from a planet surface with a laser antenna (and can barely do it with a regular antenna) is silly, and controlling your base/rovers/probes on the moon (or mars, or whatever) from your base on the earth planet feels so much... better than suiciding to respawn and control them yourself.

Nanite control block because buildings mid to large size ships by hand is a nightmare, welding them from a projection with a welding ship is not much better (the aoe on the welders causes so many problems), and dragging through a welder wall is incredibly laggy and also sometimes causes explosions when blocks randomly decide to clip into the welders while being dragged. Nanite control block is also one of the few mod blocks I feel is actually reasonably well balanced (power cost is huge).

Most other popular mods I've seen are either purely cosmetic (I build for function, not aesthetics) or are absurdly overpowered (most weapon mods....)
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: August 26, 2016, 04:26:05 am »

Ohhhh i didnt know about that nani mod, im adding it to my must have mods :)
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: August 26, 2016, 07:22:47 am »

Because my computer isn't too good, PTW for now.
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: August 26, 2016, 07:47:02 am »

Yeah the game makes my pc cry if there are any mods on a server, even without major crashes are a big risk...

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: August 26, 2016, 10:36:26 pm »

I was fiddling around with the server a bit today. It appears it's quite possible to join my server if I'm on it through the Steam friends list, it just doesn't show up in the list of public servers. Still working on port forwarding.

Also, considering adding a number of mods with tiered (better and more expensive versions of) most of the tools and functional blocks in the game, what would you guys think of that?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1359 on: August 26, 2016, 10:39:51 pm »

I was fiddling around with the server a bit today. It appears it's quite possible to join my server if I'm on it through the Steam friends list, it just doesn't show up in the list of public servers. Still working on port forwarding.

Also, considering adding a number of mods with tiered (better and more expensive versions of) most of the tools and functional blocks in the game, what would you guys think of that?
I want you in my Steam friends.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: August 26, 2016, 10:54:38 pm »

That can be arranged -you will note there is a steam profile link in my signature- but be aware that I'm not actually on the server myself as a client super often. As such, the server isn't up presently. If anyone has ideas for how to save and/or pass around whatever server information is necessary to join without the server being present in the public list, let me know.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: August 27, 2016, 07:06:38 am »

Added you as well, but there really should be a more presistent way to get in the server...

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: August 27, 2016, 04:24:27 pm »

Well, apparently, if you've joined through the friends list, the server will appear in your "history" tab. You can add it to favorites from there and join even if nobody is on the server. I suspect this will break if my IP goes dynamic though. Until I get port forwarding to work, that is the "best" way...

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: August 29, 2016, 07:49:08 pm »

Well, apparently, if you've joined through the friends list, the server will appear in your "history" tab. You can add it to favorites from there and join even if nobody is on the server. I suspect this will break if my IP goes dynamic though. Until I get port forwarding to work, that is the "best" way...

If you list the IP and port, people should be able to manually add the server to their favorites without having to join off the friend's list first. To add it, in the steam client pick view -> servers then pick add a server in the bottom right.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: August 31, 2016, 11:51:16 am »

Is there any way I can get the IP and port from only having the in-game menu to go on? I have no idea what the port actually is, since as far as I can tell no ports are actually accessible to my IP. All I know is it's joinable through steam.

Also, new updates today! Stable branch gets inverse kinematics (that is, astronaut's legs bend to meet surfaces), there's a "new building system" (I'm not sure exactly how that works/when it was added to unstable) and oxygen pressurization is settable in world settings, defaulting to OFF (I'm pretty sure for my server is was like this already, but I can change it if my CPU can handle it). There's also a long list of minor bugfixes, as always.

So, yeah, if you figure out how to actually find the correct IP and port, let me know. In the meanwhile anyone who wants to join (or help find the IP) can message me on steam, I'll join the server as a client so you can join me through steam friends.

EDIT: 173.27.252.248:27016
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 11:56:03 am by Sensei »
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 114