Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]

Author Topic: Dark Magi - Turn 10 - Bob's Discount Tower Supplies!  (Read 21753 times)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Magi - Turn 9 - Blood and Void
« Reply #180 on: August 01, 2010, 05:25:03 pm »

Helfd looked disappointed. He had hoped that  Alicia was a far faster Learner. What is so hard on changing the molecular structure of the bone and filling every cell with the magic, while restoring parts of the soul?

Well i will send some of my skeletons up to you and revive the rest of those who are still down in the catacombs

revive the skeletons i found in the catacombs...and send the skeletons up to Alicia where they will help her in any way possible...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Dark Magi - Turn 9 - Blood and Void
« Reply #181 on: August 01, 2010, 08:48:48 pm »

Update should be up tonight. Working now, will be free soon

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Dark Magi - Turn 10 - Bob's Discount Tower Supplies!
« Reply #182 on: August 02, 2010, 12:30:35 am »

Turn 10 - Bob's Discount Tower Supplies!

Sorry it took so long. Between school and family obligations I haven't had any time this week.

Actions:

Alicia cancels that lesson, as she is unable to grasp the particulars of another Element yet.  Instead she works on refurbishing the laboratory with whatever materials she has access to, with the aim of Death, especially Blood-related research.

Orders to minions:
Without the equipment prepared for other plans (is the manaforge recharged?), Pretty is just allowed to roam the swamps.
The zombies are to continue guard duty, but servants are warned to keep distance.
Work is to continue on servant shelters, improving their quality of life.  A small shrine is to be erected to the Death Goddess, Valeia.
You give a few orders then work on creating a usable laboratory dedicated to death magic. [3] You make some progress but lack of materials is really hampering you. You do get a complete list of what you would need together, and you could send the 1 remaining loot token along with the next trade caravan to buy the necessary things. (The manaforge was ready to go again on turn 7)

revive the skeletons i found in the catacombs...and send the skeletons up to Alicia where they will help her in any way possible...
You attempt to revive two hundred skeletons. [1] It seems to be going well... at first. You recite the rites and chant the chants, you make all the correct signs with your hands.

Your first clue that something went wrong is when one of the skeletons explodes. Another goes off, spraying splinters of bone around the chamber. A third... they start exploding randomly, and you are forced to flee the chamber.

Avoid bone shards: [5] You manage to escape the chamber unscathed, but now you hear dozens of explosions going off as magical energies explosively break their bonds and shatter the bones. You also hear a clattering sound... something is happening in there that doesn't sound good. When you peek in again, the bone chips are flowing towards the middle of the chamber and seem to be taking on a menacing shape!

Bonerage Golem created - Uncontrolled

Study?
You attempt to get to the library first: [2]

Study?
You attempt to get to the library first: [2]

You both reach the door at the exact same time. (awkward...) A shouting match ensues with both of you trying to shut the other out of the library and claim it for yourself.

Rath: [1]
Nielen: [5]

Rath ends up sprawling backwards as Nielen pushes the door a bit too hard then slams it shut.

Nielen studies! [6] You make amazing progress in your studies, and think that another day like this will see you through to Adept level skill. Unfortunately you are so excited that you knock over a candlestick and the curtains catch fire. In moments there is a raging blaze.

Put it out! [3] You barely manage to douse the blaze, but several priceless volumes are lost from the library. There will be a penalty applied to research until certain books are replaced, requiring a loot token to be expended.

I test my new skills by exploring the catacombs, using void magic to break into any hidden chambers. I will find the chambers by using earth magic to sense holes in the stone
You go down into the catacombs in search of something useful, or just nifty. [5] Your skill with earth magic allows you to 'feel' a chamber behind several feet of stone wall. It seems it was bricked up and sealed.

Smash your way in with void magic! [4] You manage to neatly cut away the stone and disintegrate it into fine powder.

Inside you find several chests of silver coins, a few small art objects, and a book.

The book is leather bound in iron and smells faintly of ozone. It is locked with an elaborate runed mechanism which is obviously magical. The key is not in this chamber.

Entity actions:

Quote from: Earth Elemental
Travel
[3] The elemental reaches the tower of Falweth the Grand. It leans down and peers in one window, startling a wizened old gnome while he is bathing. Some shouting ensues, and a spell makes the elemental fall over rubbing its eye.

It hands the note to the gnome. A few minutes later, a crumpled piece of paper is hurled at the stone being. Thinking this is the answer, it picks it up carefully and starts walking back home.

Quote from: Villagers
Work!
Shelters: [2] Several shelters burn down due to inadequate fire-safety. At least that is what the slaves tell you.
Shrine: [2] Without any real construction materials, the 'shrine' is little more than a pile of random debris in the shape of an altar.

Quote from: Pretty
Obey?
[3] Pretty seems content with the stable, though a bit antsy.
Quote from: Zombies
Braains...
[3] The zombies don't cause any trouble for now.
Quote from: Trade Caravan
Travel
[6] The trade caravan returns bearing many construction material. They seem to have miraculously run across a place called "Bob's Discount Tower Supplies" and spent the entire stash there as his prices were more than reasonable. You have stone blocks, lumber, nails, and everything else that is needed to build some shelters and possible a few small buildings or extensions for the tower. Oddly enough, some of the lumber is painted on one side and seems to have pre-existing nail holes and the stone seems to be dressed and fitted already. Some of the nails and other supplies look rather used as well.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 02, 2010, 01:11:46 am »

"YOU IDIOT!"
find someone that is adept or better to learn from, remember about neileens idiocy at the most incoveniant mooment for her
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 02, 2010, 05:57:22 am »

THIS.IS.RIDICULOUS!

Helfd storms back into the chamber and begins reciting a spell that brings the Bonerage Golem under his control....at least he hopes so

Bring the Golem under control, if need be engange into a Gandalf-Balrog duel with the Golem to force him under my control. After that send the alrady existing skeletons to help Alicia...

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 02, 2010, 07:00:54 am »

I study the locking mechanism and try to create a suitable key with the manaforge.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 02, 2010, 12:31:55 pm »

Frustrated with her lack of progress, Alicia resolved to go treasure hunting in the catacombs.  Before this, she wrote out some orders for her servants, along with a letter to be delivered to the smith in the town to the south.

Dear Sir,

I have heard that you are a man of significant skill with a forge.  It just so happens that I am in need of such a man for a permanent labour position!  Should you be willing to work for me as a blacksmith and to train others in your craft, I can assure you of a private, luxuriously furnished residence and as much food and wine as you could possibly desire.  The condition is that you would work exclusively for myself.  If you are interested, please respond in kind or even visit us - the couriers will lead the way.

Yours faithfully,

Lady Alicia Rhine

Alicia lays out a list of materials to be purchased for the laboratory and gives orders to expend some of the treasury to this effect, sending a group to the nearby town to purchase them.  She also encloses the note for the blacksmith there.

Orders are given to the servants to improve the shelters now that we have proper materials.  Similarly for the shrine - and instructions are given that if they screw this up again, the foreman will be the christening sacrifice.  If they crew up and the foreman manages to run away, the work crew will take his place.

Alicia descends to the catacombs with six of the zombies - funds are running low and it is time to go looting.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 02, 2010, 09:34:14 pm »

Well. That's better than getting a 1, I guess.

"Finally, I manage to do something besides deciphering that text." Nielen sighs. "But it seems that we have lost a book." She then exits the library, ceding it for the moment. She would,after his return,request the earth mage train her in death magic.

If he is not available, she, mumbleing under her breath, makes her way to the desk that has by now been burned into her vision, and attempts to Decipher Journals
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]