Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 78

Author Topic: Flabort's High Powered BYOR: Game Over: Town (+martyr) victory!  (Read 169168 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: Flabort's High Powered BYOR: Day 1: The tournement of rocks and cards.
« Reply #315 on: September 10, 2014, 07:05:26 am »

#1337 #hexcodes btw

such 1337
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 10, 2014, 07:09:12 am »

I just noticed...

{no yes yes yes  ooc}
You did not answer the last question, pertaining to Urist Imik.
YOU SLY FOX. YOU CRAVEN SPY.

U does to. Now... what is your wincon, paraphrased? Does it include only lynching TolyK, or lynching TolyK and U and I dying?
Since this is...err, more like not a restriction, you're roleplaying, yes?
Or did I miss anything?

Anyway, what does the U&I pertain to?

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 10, 2014, 07:10:44 am »

I have no idea what to do.
Anybody mind helping the poor unfortunate newb?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 10, 2014, 07:11:32 am »

a) Wincon says nothing about you actually dying. I've asked flabort about it anyway.
b) Because the most reasonable time to lynch the lynchee is D1, as there is generally little information (meaning the choice of lynch is usually more flexible) and it removes a possible scum LyLo breaker ASAP (assuming the lynchee is town).
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 10, 2014, 07:16:41 am »

Blitz just read what people say and ask random question to random people for now. Or just ride it out like me and be cool 8)
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: September 10, 2014, 07:20:36 am »

First time in Regular Mafia huh?
YOU GONNA...FACE AGAINST NIGHTMARE DIFFICULTY. WE'RE NINTENDO AND YOU'RE GOIN' DOOOOOOWN. NEWBIE.

So the general ideal for newbies in regular games is:
> Play to their wincon
> Play to their principle of playing [ie who they are very comfortable in playing//communicating as]
Next, you'd do best in looking at your role. This isn't just a regular game, it is a High Octane Powered BYOR.
  - BYOR: Is the term for a game wherein roles are customized--usually made for the fun of the mod, though with due diligence and balance as to the holistic nature of the game.
  - High Octane Powered: Pertaining to the systematic continuity of roles in the game. It is high powered due to the MANY roles and connections they form with how you use them efficiently.

Meaning: You look at your wincon. You look at what is available to you, then you enact methods in which you deem best to portray achievement of that wincon based on the resources you have available.

Like we're asking you about the -4 vote thingy: You have to respond--generally, Mafia games revolve around the core values of communication. Communication is the essence of all Mafia games.

And use what you have to the best of your abilities. A Mafia game is an amalgam of discernment, utilization of personal experience to applicable methods of interpersonal analysis, and the display of who you are as a person, in how you relate with others in communication.

Varee NO U, IDLEMAN! YOU GONNA IDLE, YOU GONNA DAH!

But really, ignore the capital spasms. May I ask of you how you see scumhunting? How do you think it applies to you, as a player?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: September 10, 2014, 07:23:57 am »

{ooc: it's a yes except for the first one - Urist is not involved, except that the wants to lynch me.
Speaking of which...
The problem is that you can't lynch me. You can lynch me with the most votes, but you can't actually lynch me.
Anyone remember that game where Nuke/Plutonium was an unkillable jester? This is similar, except I'm not a jester...
Good that you asked anyways...
I am roleplaying, yes, and when I do I get bonuses - this ooc is really only to not be an unpleasant experience to others}

Scumhunting is for newbz.

I know, rite? U knows, at least. Anyways, do I know who scum is already?

It's a damn good chance!
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: September 10, 2014, 07:28:17 am »

Tirurin: i suggest you control that spasm of yours as i have a feeling voting people have a certain"lingering" effect. As for scumhunting i see it as one of the tool for town to win a game, it is nescessary in basic game with town and cop and mafia butmless so in byor and even less in this crazy world where everyone is pretty much crazy ass super hero with unlimited poweress. Subjective opinion though sujective. As for me i am not much of an agressive player in term of hunting but i will gladly answer and engage if people is talking to me........  Tirurin i also would like to ask you wheather you believe that i am town due to my role being announce due to one of my power.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: September 10, 2014, 07:32:30 am »

Err, you did take note that I'm using my votes more as fire pokers (...those things that people use to poke logs? Regardless of fire?) rather than anything else at the moment ._.

ALSO IT ISN'T A SPASM. IT IS A CHOICE! YOU HAVE LONG FINGERNAILS.

Also yes, I do believe you're leaning town--considering the application of TWO town-announce roles (ie Innocent Child-ish role/things?) and the appearance of FIVE [NON_TOWN](?) roles (I have no idea if UristImik falls under that...), it appears nominally balanced--however I can't help but perceive that due to this being a high-power thingy, there'd be some cards or aces in the hole later on? It's only base speculation however, and pretty crazy ones, so I'm more neutral//not choosy right now of a side on y'two or not.

Tell me Varee, do you agree with TDS' observation of that kind of power?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: September 10, 2014, 07:41:15 am »

Tiruin
T'would be hard to scumhunt, conventionally, due to the added number of roles that sway how a person's regular playstyle (ie playstyle NOT in a 'high "powered"' game) and the usual method of tracking--my sort of scumhunting lacks in efficiency this way, in the early days.
I think pressing people on what they're saying, looking at people's cases (and other kinds of traditional scum hunting) is even easier when everyone is posting because they have hidden knowledge they're drawing on, as is the case in this game.

ALSO YOU...CALLED ME CUTE!? THAT IS...MEAN. YOU ARE MEAN! MEANIE!
You're like an excitable puppy dog. You're even cuter when you use all caps.

Because seriously. I'm still recovering from understanding (partly due to sick me = :<, yet being EXTREMELY thankful to those guys who wish me well...) my note on before. I expected 2 roles, not 2++++++++ as an average!
Do you think you have an understanding of all your many powers now?

Also I did note before that please do not mind my votes--they're more of a poke than a literal milestone in the lake thing.
That's strange because in other games you've adamantly defended not voting people you actually somewhat suspect. What's different here?

I do believe, however, that we probably see eye-to-eye regarding the very aspect of fragility in this game? You seem to be afflicted too, with that minor note, mm? [I poke at that last line ;3]
I'm not particularly fragile, just cautious.

How do you view this game and people's scumhunting compared to the vast amount of power that exists?
I'm going to be watching out for people that use the high-faluting shenanigans to mask not actually hunting scum.

Urist
Oh man, are you getting defensive about a crappy vote, NQT? What do you think of this?
I'm not terribly impressed, but as you're someone who isn't town I'd expect such weak play. Do you think its illegitimate to question weak cases? She'd made a fairly blatant reactionary vote when I called her out on her lack of substance (I was questioning her before hand, as you'd see if you actually read the thread), so I think I was getting offensive over the crappy vote.

TolyK: Do you have any roles that are wikipedia links? This is really really important for a completely godawful reason.
What reason is that?

You know, I think I'm gonna claim just to spice things up a bit. I am a Lyncher to TolyK. If he's NK'd I become a Town-ally. I'd really like to stick around and put my awesome abilities to use, so could we see our way to nightkilling him tonight?
If you're telling the truth, night killing Toly would be the correct move, but there is no particular reason to believe you're telling the truth.

Cheese, I knew you were playing, when did I indicate that you weren't? Are you going to respond to my reply to your lazy accusations?

Blitz
Well, right now 4maskwolf is voting you for no apparent reason (seriously Wolf, what are you doing?) so you could vote for him and ask him what his case is.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: September 10, 2014, 07:49:09 am »

Nqt dont just tell blitz to do omgus vote :P
Tirurin i think TD's view of the revelation maybe due to his power is a false info so he assume other are false too. Or maybe he is just covering the fault before other point it out, last time i tried to do that other just see it as a reason to lynch mef

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: September 10, 2014, 07:53:03 am »

NQT:
I'll say you were getting offensive alright. An accusation of jesterhood is not an appropriate response to a vote, regardless of its substance (or lack thereof).

What reason is that?
Is there any possibility of it not being role-related,  O fisher of roles? If I was willing to divulge it I'd have done so after TolyK stated he didn't have any. My vote stays.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: September 10, 2014, 08:21:37 am »

Varee
Nqt dont just tell blitz to do omgus vote :P
Voting for someone who has voted you is not automatically an OMGUS and isn't necessarily scummy: if someone is pressing an indefensible case, whether on you or someone else, then it's legitimate to vote for them.

Urist
I'll say you were getting offensive alright. An accusation of jesterhood is not an appropriate response to a vote, regardless of its substance (or lack thereof).
I wasn't asking her that because she'd voted me. Tiruin asked to be nightkilled at least once in her little outbursts, in light of this my question was appropriate. Do you disagree?

What reason is that?
Is there any possibility of it not being role-related,  O fisher of roles? If I was willing to divulge it I'd have done so after TolyK stated he didn't have any. My vote stays.
I thought I'd ask in case you were willing to say but had omitted to. I think it's fine for players not to reveal everything at the drop of the hat, but I also think it's fine to ask.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Flabort's High Powered BYOR: Finalizing roles and such.
« Reply #328 on: September 10, 2014, 08:23:21 am »

Blitz:
Now that my rage is out of the way (dammit flabort!) allow me to ask some questions.
Everyone:What, exactly, are you expecting out of this game of Mafia?Reasons why?

Why are you raging?

Fun, hilarity, and a good time.  Also, nigh-impenetrable role interactions.

Archaea:
Toaster, What roles did you submit?

Good ones.  Otherwise, I reject your blatant rolefishing.

What's the scummiest thing you've seen so far?

Mastahcheese:
Toaster: Make some toast, bastard. Answer three questions in this list directed at other people. Now.

Allow me to explain why this is a terrible thing to ask.

TolyK: You're proclaiming yourself to be basically invulnerable. Why? If someone were to challenge you on this, how would you take it?

What?  I never said anything like that.  Why are you falsely accusing me of things?

4maskwolf: You only sent two roles. How does it feel to not have at least some concept of what others might possess?

What makes you think that?  Why are you assuming what I sent in?

TheWetSheep: Do you think it will be hard to fins scum? Why or why not?

I can fins scum just as well as any other time.  I'll fins them so hard Jaws will feel it.

Why are you using the same color as Jack?

NQT:
GayArchaea is probably town because they're a new player who spilled the town wincon verbatim with no prompting in their first post (and then claiming to need to survive as well isn't that unbelievable)

Keep in mind that's in the OP and has been there since the thread started.

Also, I win when all anti-town factions are dead.

Why aren't you voting Urist I?

Tiruin:
Everyone: Do you think it right to claim who submitted the extra roles (as in, those who submitted the roles > 2?), due to it...in my opinion, having no impact on the game at all? (due to abilities being Flabort-assigned, instead, the ones who've submitted what and which have no connection as either scum or town due to pre-game status?)

I'm going to go with no, because one could use a bit of deduction to determine the (likely) roles of the submitters by the theme of roles they put in.  I don't see the benefit of saying them.

Do you think it's a good idea to out people who only submitted two roles?

Urist I:  How about we lynch you instead, since you pretty much guarenteed TolyK won't get NKed?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: September 10, 2014, 08:36:43 am »

Urist I:  How about we lynch you instead, since you pretty much guarenteed TolyK won't get NKed?
Explain.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 78