Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 48

Author Topic: Totem Mafia 3 - Vote Phase 3  (Read 30159 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia 3 - Vote Phase 2
« Reply #405 on: November 30, 2021, 12:00:54 pm »

@Tric:
No, it works. Assuming one and only one of Tric/Useless is mafia:

If Tric is mafia then Useless kills him tonight, we get a confirmed townie unless mafia decide to take Useless down with them. But mafia are still in a bad spot.

If Useless is mafia then there won't be a double kill and we vote off Useless tomorrow which is still a mafia hit. Tric would be town here so he could also confirm themselves and someone else's role with their own claimed role.

PPE:
@UselessMcMiner: Can you chose to kill anyone other than Toonyman tonight?  Your discussion of your role was unclear on that point.
It sounded more like an interrogation N1 with Execution N2.
If that's true then this doesn't work as well. I guess the note would still be confirmation of something.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: November 30, 2021, 12:09:11 pm »

@Tric:

If Tric is mafia then Useless kills him tonight, we get a confirmed townie unless mafia decide to take Useless down with them. But mafia are still in a bad spot.

If Useless is mafia then there won't be a double kill and we vote off Useless tomorrow which is still a mafia hit. Tric would be town here so he could also confirm themselves and someone else's role with their own claimed role.

If you are mafia Town loses if both of us are also town. And Vector would be your mafia partner. That plan does not and will not work.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: November 30, 2021, 12:10:29 pm »

@Tric:

If you are mafia Town loses if both of us are also town. And Vector would be your mafia partner. That plan does not and will not work.
This bolded part is never true, always False. In order for McMiner to be town, you would have to be mafia.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: November 30, 2021, 12:13:15 pm »

Not quite, if town lynched a redirector/rolestopper than McMiner would know that Toonyman was Town.  Otherwise McMiner should probably just shoot Toonyman.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: November 30, 2021, 12:15:02 pm »

Then if two people die, McMiner is confirmed town.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: November 30, 2021, 12:25:38 pm »

Tric, Tric, Tric. My logic is sound: if Roden is lying then he's mafia and probably with you or Useless. If Roden is telling the truth then at least one mafia is inside Tric/Vector/Useless. I don't see an issue with this reasoning.

Web is mechanically determining me or Jack is mafia. That's cold, but fair. Wrong, but fair.

Web is also clearing Vector and I can't blame them for that. It might be for genuine reasons, I'm going to believe that for my own sake.
I think not believing Roden is wrong. Vote one of the three. You have reason to not believe Useless. You have reason to not believe Vector. You have reason to not believe TricMagic. All are viable. Why Roden, then? Is Roden lying?

Not quite, if town lynched a redirector/rolestopper than McMiner would know that Toonyman was Town.  Otherwise McMiner should probably just shoot Toonyman.
I agree with this plan mostly because no one claims having gotten the message.

Also, Vector is Town.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: November 30, 2021, 12:29:38 pm »

@Tric:

1. I don't believe both of you are town.
2. Vector is most likely town.

I'm voting Roden because it's not effectively a coin flip. The two of you will schrodinger's cat into place tomorrow.

Then if two people die, McMiner is confirmed town.
I refuse to believe Meph would give mafia a fuckinig vig again, so yes this is true.

PPE:
You're making this hard for me Web...why is Roden legit here?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: November 30, 2021, 12:52:02 pm »

Because Roden's claim was really obvious when he made it. Also, there's not a whole lot of reason for him to be that bold as scum.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: November 30, 2021, 02:07:48 pm »

Well, if both Toonyman and Web are town reading Vector, that throws my whole reads list off.  I mean, one of them could be covering for their scumbuddy, but both means Vector most likely is town.

...also probable that one of Toonyman & Web is scum.  This day is too chaotic for both of them to be town.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: November 30, 2021, 02:21:24 pm »

Because Roden's claim was really obvious when he made it. Also, there's not a whole lot of reason for him to be that bold as scum.

Ugh, yeah it kept reminding me of my Inspect from last game.

Maybe it was Tric all along.  I mean, Tric's town game has sometimes shown improvement, so I guess his mafia game would similarly improved.

Tric was one of the two folks that Max was going to inspect, as per Web.
Tric jumped the gun to claim to have interacted with Max, not knowing if there was a watcher, voyeur, tracker, etc. (all relatively common in our Mostly Vanilla Mafia games)
Tric's rolecop doesn't clear them as town.  Tric could have borrowed the role results from his partner.  Sometimes mafia triggermen can use their power as well.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: November 30, 2021, 02:47:59 pm »

I mean, I am pretty sure Tric is telling the truth about their role. It's just that Role Cops are a very common scum role because it gives them information to play around. That's a mechanical reason for why Tric is scum. Additionally, Tric has claimed targeting Maximum Spin, so his action is both unverified, and he, ya know, targeted the dead guy. That's a suspicious claim, but it does make sense to claim it immediately when under suspicion, so it's a thing to weigh.

So, if you think Tric is Town, then you should be going after one of Vector or UselessMcMiner. I just am unwilling to go after Vector. You could potentially, in some ridiculous world, convince me that UselessMcMiner is the culprit. But, that involves really convincing me that Tric is Town, since UMM would also have to be exceedingly bold to claim as such. Tric's action is much more likely to be false than UMM in my mind.

By PoE, TricMagic is the most likely culprit. McMiner is second, Vector third, Roden fourth. Technically, Vector probably would've claimed more information as scum, so I could move them to fourth, but it's sort of pedantic at that point. Roden had no need to make themselves look bad, and their reasoning makes sense.

My feeling of it being Tric and Toony is purely based on what I feel the setup would, so I literally cannot prove Toony is scum other than that he is far too Townie for how he usually plays (Think NSVM2 Toony), which is a weak as shit accusation, and why I can't actually go after Toony.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: November 30, 2021, 03:06:54 pm »

Well, either there is a mafia interference role, or Toonyman is lying to get us to think mafia has an interference role.
UMM must be telling the truth, as the part about sending the message is unnecessary detail, unless the scum team is exactly UMM & Toonyman.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: November 30, 2021, 03:10:03 pm »

Apologies for the extra posts, but Toonyman as mafia would want to plant the idea of mafia having some unknown interference role.  It's cover for when his scumbuddy is dead.  It also came early in the claiming, before the limited observational roles were revealed.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: November 30, 2021, 03:53:29 pm »

To note, if I get lynched, McMiner has an excuse to shoot Roden. Or kill Vector. Problem is, that still doesn't explain why Toony never got the message. So either McMiner is mafia, or Toony is. Or it's both of them and this is all just some sick mindgame they made up.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: November 30, 2021, 03:58:15 pm »

One thing that is being ignored is that my night actions can be confirmed so long as the one I target doesn't end up dead.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 48