Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 236

Author Topic: Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension  (Read 523977 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension
« Reply #1530 on: September 26, 2015, 10:59:49 am »

... y'know, it's almost a shame we didn't have you (or someone not playing, whatev') do that for everyone in 4.17. Random nation, random pretender. Would have certainly made things more interesting, if perhaps even more painful.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: September 26, 2015, 11:53:48 am »

Also, I was thinking about the idea of giving the nation specific sacred/special units if specific pretenders are chosen. I.e. if you choose a particular pretender, an event spawns an additional site at your capital allowing you to recruit additional types of units.

Major issue: only starting sites are nation-restricted, so if your capital falls, your sacreds won't show themselves to be particularly, ah, faithful.
Can't the units themselves also be made nation-restricted? Or does the site availability override it?
And won't #homemon take care of that anyways, seeing as you'd be the "original owner" of the site regardless? Can't events spawn sites that have a particular "original owner"?
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: September 26, 2015, 01:47:37 pm »

And won't #homemon take care of that anyways, seeing as you'd be the "original owner" of the site regardless? Can't events spawn sites that have a particular "original owner"?
If the province is your capital you are the original owner and that is it. You can event create more sites in your cap with the #homex stuff and have it work. Is how I figured this out in 4.14
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: September 26, 2015, 02:42:14 pm »

Yes, but if you have an event create the site, it'll be a "generic" site as far as the game is concerned, and every nation will be able to use it.

You can go the "site with associated freespawn for certain nations" route, but that's not really the same...

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: September 26, 2015, 03:17:59 pm »

Yes, but if you have an event create the site, it'll be a "generic" site as far as the game is concerned, and every nation will be able to use it.
It doesn't have the checks you are thinking of. The only thing a site with #homex checks is if it is in the original capital of the nation owning it.
Use the following in a mini mod to see. The site will be in every province but you will only be able to recruit Anointed of Rhuax in your original capital.
Code: [Select]
#newsite 1760
#name "The Frozen Tower"
#path 2
#rarity 5
#gems 2 3
#gems 1 2
#homecom 1536
#end

#newevent
#rarity 0
#msg "Appearo!."
#nologs
#req_indepok 0
#req_pop0ok
#req_nositenbr 1760
#addsite 1760
#end
Even if you take another capital without game end it will still only be your own original capital.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: September 26, 2015, 04:44:24 pm »

I would love to have a nation with huge huge huge growth rate, capable of turning 1000 pop regions into 50000 in 50 turns. Basically a counteract to domkiller nations. It doesn't need to be balanced, but perhaps could by not having any national recruits. Could be interesting maybe

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: September 26, 2015, 04:56:16 pm »

Well, logically, the reverse of a domkill nation would be increasing population but also killing off your own troops and commanders.  So you have large amounts of money, but you can't do anything with it.

That does not sound like a fun mechanic for anyone involved.

I guess what you could do is have it constantly create dangerous Indy monsters that kill off pop.  So you have a larger population, but you have to be constantly defending it.  Would make thematic sense too in a way; it causes large population growth but it also causes the growth of creatures that you don't want.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: September 26, 2015, 05:07:42 pm »

Even if you take another capital without game end it will still only be your own original capital.

Huh. That... behaves kinda strangely, but works. All right, so long as it's only in the capital this should work...

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: September 26, 2015, 10:23:12 pm »

I guess what you could do is have it constantly create dangerous Indy monsters that kill off pop.  So you have a larger population, but you have to be constantly defending it.  Would make thematic sense too in a way; it causes large population growth but it also causes the growth of creatures that you don't want to mind control into service.

Yeah, sounds pretty good :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: September 29, 2015, 10:43:52 am »

Ok, here's a thought re: rituals for the nation of weak communion-powered mages. IIRC items can give a "ritual path boost". Could an "armor" item be made that can only be worn by mages of this nation (kinda like that one mask that can only be worn by coldblooded creatures), that would boost them up one level for the purposes of ritual casting? Or, if it should work for crafting too, maybe make them regular booster items that do not work in combat? Is that possible?
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: September 29, 2015, 10:58:28 am »

#restricted <nation nbr> | "nation name" (only forgable by nation foo)

or

#restricteditem <value> + #userestricteditem on every eligible unit

plus

#masterrit <value> and/or #mastersmith <value>

That's all-or-nothing, mind you; specific paths can't be targeted.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: October 03, 2015, 01:32:57 am »

I *just* learned that units gain a morale bonus in their home province.

That's... really cool actually.  Of dubious actual worth, but still.  Cool detail.  Reason to recruit from that one province chokepoint with your most powerful neighbor I guess.  If it happens to warrant a fort or have useful indys.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: October 04, 2015, 10:18:17 am »

How do Harvester of sorrows/ bane venom charm/ void spectre work?

Are ninja shurikens supposed to never hit, or this is because of lizard priests being too dodgy?

It is possible to banish someone into kokytos or hell, but is it possible to send someone to the void?

Does MA ctis dominion actually give diseases to all creatures with no swamp survival?

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: October 04, 2015, 10:49:22 am »

If they are in the province, it begins killing off population

They can hit, just bad aiming I suppose

No

Cold Blooded or Swamp survival negates the effects, but yes, and creatures that naturally resist disease (undead)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 11:20:39 am by ZebioLizard2 »

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: October 04, 2015, 11:07:05 am »

How do Harvester of sorrows/ bane venom charm/ void spectre work?

Stealth them into an enemy province and wait
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 236