I might try it out
- 16 (22.2%)
Sounds too complicated, I wouldn't use it
- 6 (8.3%)
Other
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Ironworks 1.1  (Read 12161 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Ironworks
« Reply #75 on: July 20, 2010, 12:37:01 pm »

In other news, 1.1 has been released!

Just updates the mod to the new 31.10 values and cleans up the job manager a bit by not breaking out the magma jobs from the regular ones.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

ChickenLips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ironworks 1.1
« Reply #76 on: July 20, 2010, 12:58:50 pm »

Hey, Meph, you've got the old ELASTICITY instead of STRAIN_AT_YIELD in there.
Do not meddle in the affairs of chickens, for you are crunchy and taste like a good seedgrain.

(You are not a seedgrain?  Of course, you and I know that very well.  But does the chicken know it?)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 20, 2010, 12:59:57 pm »

Hmm, thought I fixed all that...

I'll get the patched version up in a moment.

EDIT: Ok, it's up. Looks like the wrong file got added to the zip somehow.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 01:02:12 pm by Mephansteras »
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

shibdib

• Bay Watcher
  • How much for Goat?
    • View Profile
Re: Ironworks
« Reply #78 on: July 20, 2010, 01:33:02 pm »

In other news, 1.1 has been released!

Just updates the mod to the new 31.10 values and cleans up the job manager a bit by not breaking out the magma jobs from the regular ones.

Awesome!

Should combine the produce coal, and produce coal (wood brning) reactions into 1 aswell imo.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 20, 2010, 01:40:24 pm »

You mean the charcoal reactions? I can't really, since the regular one uses the vanilla woodburning furnace which I can't touch and the Charcoal Furnace produces more charcoal anyway.
Come play Mafia with us!

Lord Aldrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 25, 2010, 05:51:55 pm »

I just wanted to poke my head in and say that I love this mod, it makes metallurgy that much more interesting in game. I'm also glad you've decided to keep it modular from Civ. Forge, modularity is good :)

Reading over the thread, I came across elfhater's post of suggestions and wanted to throw in my two cents that the blast furnace really should be a converted into a high-efficiency iron smelter and that a separate Bessemer (Urist ??? ) converter should be added to convert the iron to steel in batches. However, I'm not so concerned about the exact weight ratios, game-play > realism in that particular case.

I also really like the idea of requiring kiln produced refractory bricks for the construction of high temperature smelters / forges. It always bugged me that I could build them out of any old rock.

But really, suggestions aside, thanks for producing an awesome mod!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 25, 2010, 10:32:49 pm »

Glad you enjoy it!

I may come back around and improve this area some more, but for now I've got my plate full with Civilization Forge.
Come play Mafia with us!

Arekis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 16, 2010, 01:49:25 am »

Pardon my modding noobness, but I have a question about the install.  I copied over the files, regenned a world, and embarked.  However, the new buildings don't show up as options right now...  I can build regular smelters/wood furnaces/forges where I see options to make weapons out of wrought iron or crucible steel.  So at least some aspect of the mod is getting picked up.  Is there anything that I need to do in the game to see these buildings (like discovering magma unlocks magma forge)?  Something I missed when I copied over the mod?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 16, 2010, 10:36:24 am »

Copying over all of the files should take care of it. It sounds like you didn't over-write the entity_default file, though, which would be why you can't create the buildings.

Try reinstalling the mod and make sure that you overwrite any files that it wants to and try again.
Come play Mafia with us!

Arekis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 16, 2010, 11:47:16 am »

Thanks, I'll try that again.  I did not do a straight copy of entity_default but a merge instead to make it work with another mod (which appears to show up as expected).  Maybe I messed something up.  Perhaps I'll try again with a fresh install and just copy everything verbatim.  Thanks!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 16, 2010, 12:20:17 pm »

Ah, that might have done it. The Ironworks mod includes the new buildings and reactions, and they have to be in the dwarf entity file for them to actually show up in game.
Come play Mafia with us!

Shurhaian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 16, 2010, 01:11:31 pm »

That actually gives me a thought - regrettably more work, but:

With modularity being the focus here, you might want to consider releasing changed files in two forms - first as a flat file that people can just overwrite the default with, second as a simple "delta" of sorts: not a useable file on its own(and should probably have an extension that makes that plain), but includes all the sections that need to be added and directions on where they need to go(and also directions for any deletions that need to be made).
Working on: drakes - making the skies(mostly) a bit more varied

My guards need something better to do than make my nobles happy with hugs and justice.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 16, 2010, 02:06:52 pm »

Certainly doable. I'll think about it once I get back around to doing anything with the Ironworks.
Come play Mafia with us!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]