Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Author Topic: Targetguild, a 31.25 MixMod Succession fort.  (Read 13507 times)

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
Targetguild, a 31.25 MixMod Succession fort.
« on: July 10, 2011, 11:31:42 pm »

Are you BAD ENOUGH DUDE to play a MixMod succession fortress?
*Explosion sound-effect*
In a world quite mad, seven even madder dwarves set forth with what meager things they have. Their goal, who can say. Maybe it is for glory, maybe they are after riches only they know of, or maybe it's just that they are mad.

This Spring, all hell, breaks loose.

Coming to a Community Games & Stories forum near you. Rated PG-18. Parental guidance is adviced.

So here we are, in yet another Succession game thread among many others. Or well, maybe this will be a Succession game. In case people aren't eager to jump into this godawful mess, I'll just play a fort by myself and have a Community fort. It's all good.

My very first Succession game of my own, and I just had to make it as insane as possible. Which is why we are using the MixMod! What's that, you may ask? Why, it's a mod combining as many of the current DF mods there are into one huge clusterfuck from which none will survive, those lucky will merely be drawn insane.

Included are 40 civilizations(at least at the start of worldgen), hailing from fantasy- to scifi-mods. Metal weapons, crossbows, gunpowder-based guns and so on and of course a crapload of creatures, each more horrifying than the last(as seems to be tradition when making a new mod for DF)!

The embark spot? Oh, a lovely area by the ocean. It's quite nice, really. What will we find there, who are our friends and who our enemies? None can say(or well I could, but wouldn't that ruin the SUSPENSE and SURPRISE?)!

I have to warn you that due to the large number of modded things, the save folder filesize is around 25 MB's(or something, 257x129 world). This leads to longer than normal saving and loading times, so be prepared for that!

It should also be noted that this is the newest bundle of MixMod. Updates all over the place, bloated even more-so than before. And it's not exactly tested that much during gameplay. But hey, all those people who created the mods in this thing knew what they're doing, right? Right? In before a dozen gamebreaking crashes and I end up having to shamefully retreat.

The following people are crazy enough for some MixMod mayhem:(In order of gameplay turns)
- Leb
- Person Was driven crazy by the state of the fort.
- nogoodnames Was too busy to deal with this shit.
- Deathsword
- Crazy Cow Was struck down by low FPS.
- davros Was too busy to deal with this shit.
- Tersr Was too busy to deal with this shit.

But anyway. LET'S GET STARTED!

I should have known, an aquifer. Salt water too. Oh well, we'll get through somehow, right?

The following has been brought to you by your friendly neighbourhood Dwarven Translator crew, who are hoping that the tome they worked on was really covered in mud and dirt rather than what everyone guessed.

You would be surprised what a man can agree to when asked in a convincing manner. A few weeks back I might have laughed and shook my head just like anyone else upon hearing what the King had to say. Something about fifty years of disappointment and failure which would not stand anymore, the drunk general swaying by his side while singing a dwarven drinking song(which turned out to be what all of their entire musical genres were composed of). A few walked away but I stayed, because if there's one thing I can say it's that I've always had the knack to see opportunity when it arrived.

I'd been living at the Mountainhomes since I was a wee lad, can't remember much from the first years but that we found we weren't the first to crawl out from the ground and start building civilization. In fact, I don't think I have ever seen anyone but dwarves. I'd heard stories of fantastic creatures just roaming the above and even wilder stories about the people who lived up there. In houses that were build upwards too!

So when the King told that the nobility would be sponsoring several expeditions to expand dwarven territory and gain a foothold on strategically important locations, I knew what I had to do.

By the end of the week we were already on our way. They didn't hold a parade or even a speech, just a few people stared at our group of seven dumbfounded as we got the wagon moving and left behind all which we had known for the whole of our lives.

Now I'm not a greedy man, but a life of expedition has it's merits, even when they appointed Rith as the leader of our group(she did better than I did at the exam apparently). Back home all I had was a crummy little hole in the wall and that was all I could pay for. Here, we can have anything we want. It didn't take a lot of effort to talk Rith confused out of her head either, poor lass might have done well on the exam but I was the man with ideas!

It wasn't too bad. Just a nice comfortable set of rooms, you know. Maybe a statue garden.
Might even get a garden of my own to tend to later on. All we're supposed to do is to get this place up and running so we can call it a real dwarven fortress. And then, let the world be known that it was I, Leb Tulonlitast, who helped make it so!

3rd of Granite.

Spit and curses, to hell with the gods damned King and that twice damned drunk of a general! I knew that it'd be bad enough we had to obey to orders given to us(something about securing a route by the sea for future expeditions across it(by BOAT, can you imagine that!?)) but this is just ridiculous!

We arrived just two days ago. The longer we went the more we all wanted to turn around, the ground started to become mush and the trees more bent and threatening the further we went. Not to mention how hot it was. Tropical marsh, they said. Exotic trade goods, they exclaimed. I'll wipe my ass with your exotic trade goods, mark my words.

By the time we got to the marked location we couldn't but help to whimper a little. This was not at all what we had imagined. The waves of the sea crashed on the beach in an otherwise ominous silence. We had marvelled, even grown a liking to up-above wildlife and their chitter chatter, but here, all we could hear was the moo'ing of our brahmin.

This ain't a place for a dwarf. This ain't a place for anything. And oh look, I was right!

To hell with this, I said and started doing my thing. Which meant cutting down trees. We're getting the hell out from here, underground and safety right away. Might as well get some logs and beds for it though.

4th of Granite.

Miners have told me that they think there's an aquifer around this area. Apparently the geography is just right or something, geology, fuck if I know. They dug their way through soil to stone without trouble though, so maybe they're just screwing with me and want some time off. Well too bad we don't have time for time offs! Get back to work!

They did marvel at some of their discoveries, debating what strange things used to lay here. The only strange things going to lay around here are going to be our pecked corpses if we don't get down and fast, I told them.

13th of Granite.

Took well over a week, but the miners finally got back up and told me they were finished what I told 'em to do. It's not much, a crappy little corridor in clay(sandy clay, they specified) but it'll do for now. Got to move everything indoors now, get our crap into place and make sure none of the... Natives get indoors. I don't know about you but god damn those birds freak me out.

23rd of Slate.

Slowly getting somewhere. Managed to hide from the things above without them noticing. Made some beds and crappy sleeping holes. Spend the rest of the time making more beds and barrels. That's about it for what they want from us carpenters, beds for sleeping and barrels for drinking away the reason we went to bed for.

I may not be an engineer but I know that if there's one thing every fort needs, it's a good raising bridge! Mestthos is finishing it right now, apparently it's going to be one ugly mother, but it'll be sturdy.

I've also paid note to the delightful actually living creatures around the area. They're still a tad creepy, but anything with living flesh on it's bones is better than those god damn rotting things a while back.

24th of Slate.

Fuck and damn, we got a problem.

The miners told me that my plans for a glorious hallway down below had one LITTLE problem in the form of "stone unlike anything we've ever seen". Their picks just kept on clanking off from it. They got no idea what the hell that rock is, but they can't mine through, that's for sure.

Great. Just fucking great. I'll have to revise my plans a bit then. On the bright side, they also told me that my plans led them straight to a large deposit of gryl. Well that's just great, I said. Hell if I know what they even do with gryl.

13th of Felsite.

Well the miners started to dig down, had to find some softer rock they said, otherwise we got no fucking way to get anywhere anymore. Found some more gryl, actually scratch that, we found a shitload of gryl. And to top that off, some rock our miners can actually dig through! Finally things are looking better.

10th of Hematite.

Finally, some proper dwellings have been dug! Now it's just a matter of finding a diggable route from our current rooms to further down and moving everything to place. We can convert what rooms we have now to farmland later on, or something.

Annnd that's all the time I have to play right now. Will play more later on, but yeah, anyone feeling crazy enough for some MixMod mayhem?

« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 03:27:48 pm by Ieb »

coxhead andy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
    • web development company, web designing company, graphic designing company, mobile apps development company, web development, web designing, graphic designing, mobile apps development, web site designing, web site development, web application development
Re: Targetguild, a MixMod Succession fort.
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 02:14:18 am »

Interesting information serves here with on Targetguild, a MixMod Succession fort I ever heard about this before read it here I know many thing from this post I glad to see it here really informative.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 05:23:07 am »

...Uh yeah, right, thanks Andy.
Can I be dorfed? I doubt it'd be a good idea for me to download the save though, as I'm on prepaid internet... But I will take a dorf, named Yeddink if that's okay. :)
Seems like a pretty crazy mod... Looking foward to seeing what ends up wiping us out!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 05:29:19 am »

Sure. We got 2 miners, a mason, armorsmith/furnace operator, brewer and a cook, so which one you want to be or does it matter?

Also, if I had to throw a wild guess, I bet one of the Fort Defense civs has managed to sneak in the generated civ list. In before Jotuns.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 05:32:55 am »

Cook. I like cooking, and I'm sure I'll enjoy cooking all the stuff that's going to be dying before long! :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 11:27:56 pm »

14th of Malachite.

It looks like Rith has finally settled in and loosened up a bit. Maybe she's got the same idea I did and is going for "living the rest of my life in absolute comfort"? Well in any case, she's now called Yoink. Wait, maybe she got a career of thievery back home? I should try and find out. Would be nice to know whether or not I'm accompanied by a bunch of criminals.

Oh and god damn, just when I thought it'd be a nice day to go out and cut some trees(they deserve it), guess what shows up?

I think I'll just take a nap.

1st of Galena.

I knew that sooner or later this would happen. We got some migrants. A married couple showed up, aww, how cute. At least it turned out that they're actually competent at things. The woman, Nomal, is an adequate strand extractor while the husbandB Ber exclaimed that while originally a thresher he picked up armoring during times of war(apparently military life wasn't for him) and has become quite talented at it.

I guess we're lucky to have such skilled people arrive right from the start? Better tell the miners to dig some extra rooms then.

...what do you mean you've struck "raw phazon"? And why do I suddenly feel a horrible dread?

In any case, I've told Nomal that she might as well start doing something new now, probably smoothing some stone walls. Might as well start from my rooms.

28th of Galena.

What with the miners out of work again, I guess it'd be a good time to expand the fort's workshop areas a little. Let's start with metalworking and-

Hum. This better be a good thing.

12th of Limestone.

Things have been quiet around here. Well, except for the part where our brahmin gave birth to a calf. You think one cow calf mooing loud for the first time in it's life is bad, try when a calf with two heads does the same!

The cavern has been sealed off from for now. Don't want anything crawling up from there, the place is MASSIVE, and I think I saw something horrible lurk down there in the depths. Looked like... a pony, but with the head of an olm. Eeergh.

Told the miners to make some expedition shafts below us. I'm sure there's something above as well, but their mentions of aquifers have me a bit on edge. Wouldn't want to drown us all, you know?

Also, I told Mestthos to make some statues along other furniture he's making. Well the first statue is pretty nice but...

I think Mestthos might be a bit of a jerk.

25th of Sandstone.

More migrants. List of 'em is(with their most useful skills):
- High Master Engraver/Adequate Gem Setter&Spinner
- Talented Grower
- Adequate Cook/Competent Gem Cutter
- Novice Hammerdwarf/soldier all around
- Talented Weaponsmith
- Novice Carpenter/soldier

They did complain about "hordes of undead birds" descending upon them though. Apparently they saw no choice but to throw down right there on the marsh since the birds were right on top of the entrance.

Turns out that a bunch of rotting birds aren't much of a challenge against spirited dwarves.

Better make rooms for all the new people then, since they made it in alive.

21st of Timber.

Wow, merchants! A lot of 'em too! The liaison's here, I better wrap this meeting up fast. Yeah yeah bring some lye next year we can handle it from there. Okay uhh, what the hell do we trade with- Of course, floor hatches! Mestthos hasn't still been able to make hatches up to my standards. Now we can get rid of them!

Looks like the cave ponies, dwarves and meowkin have arrived to trade. At least that's what they introduced themselves as. Haven't met any cave ponies or meowkin until this day, so I guess it was pretty exciting. I let the weaponsmith handle the trading, the guy's got a knack for comedy so I figured a few jokes would break the ice nicely. Get some extra out of our deal, you know?

Turns out his comedic skills are good enough to bring us about 80 pieces of meat and fish altogether. Good, I was getting tired of eating mushrooms by now. Yoink is looking forward to being able to cook something again too.

On less pleasant news, we've had our first sightings of hostiles. Ratmen, and "skulking infected". I'm not sure how they differ from regular infected.

On great news, one of our mining shafts intersected a vein of flarestone. Finally we can have some metalworking going on! Our armorers and weaponsmiths have been giving all that raw 'phazon' some pretty lustful looks. Heard it makes for good armor. I guess they know, so let's make some armor out of it then. We got two guys with military experience anyway, so I told them that they will be our first soldiers. Looked pretty pleased hearing that, guarding all our lives is pretty important so I guess it's all good. The Ageless Torches, they call themselves.

And that's all for now again! Almost at the end of winter. So, anyone interested?

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2011, 10:02:30 pm »

Wow.

When I said that I was close to the end of winter, I apparently meant it. Took me 15 minutes to finish the first year after loading the save. So yeah. Considering the silence here, how about this:

If no one's picking this up by Friday, then I'll continue the game as a community one. As such, new rules will come into place:

- Named dorfs will get what-ever-the-hell they want. This new outpost is their chance to make it big and live like god damn kings(for a while until something terrible will happen). So if you want some guy you can then go for whatever. All your furniture crafted out of some specific material? Sure, we'll get to that ASAP.

I'm pretty sure I thought of some other things, but I can't remember right now(aww yeah 5 AM gaming). I'll just throw 'em around when I do remember, k?

Anyway.

15th of Obsidian.
Well, it's almost the end of the year. This place might not be big yet, but damn if we're not getting ready for some end-of-the-year partying. Which we are. I heard that we again had merchants, who bumped into a "sneevil thief". Little bastards, that's what they told me those things are. I'll just take their word for it.

We traded some of Mestthos' subpar furniture again, as well as a phazon hauberk, for the extra bucks, you know? Well that damn hauberk was worth dozens of times what all of Mestthos' crap was! Bought us a lot of cheese.

And a tame wild cat.
I'm not sure why it's not a cat then, but I wouldn't argue. They're angels, you know?

Sure, I'd heard of celestial things back when we were taught religion, but actually seeing one was... Different. Our trader especially was all too eager to tell all about the merchants.

Especially their asses and breasts.

I'm pretty sure that's how you go to hell.

Well anyway, I got things to do. Got some wood(you even think about making that joke and I'll have you cutting down firewood with the rotting birds as your friends) from them, finally, so I guess we can get some bins together around here. Metalsmiths are starting to complain about bars taking up all the space at the smelters, anyway.

Here's some rough pictures about how the fort currently is doing anyway. Call it my portfolio of success. Yeah, that's good.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

All this writing has made me thirsty. And hungry. And tired. I'll think I'll go fix all of those right now and go on a long break afterwards.

http://www.mediafire.com/?vn3a9ucd8evei9n
Well, there's the save file for grabs in case anyone wants it. If not, oh well.

FPS is pretty good but it's always like that at the start anyway.
Save loading goes a tad faster than I originally stated. I figure I've just gotten used to normal load speeds, this save, eh, didn't time it but what, 2 minutes of loading? Maybe 3?

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2011, 10:56:57 pm »

Just curious, what are all the mods in this. I recognize a good few, but not all of them. I think I'll have a go at this now. 31.25 right?
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2011, 11:08:43 pm »

I wish I had the previous version mod list, but I think Sdonourg removed it when he updated the mod description.

Can't remember everything by memory, but the ones that come to mind from before are moogles, some civ's(and probably critters) from Super Mario games, War of the Rings stuff and uhh that's about it. There were a lot others.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

There's the list of what's been added among 'em.

And yeah, 31.25.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Targetguild, a 31.25 MixMod Succession fort.
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2011, 11:30:44 pm »

This sounds way too Fun not to pass up on. Starting turn now. Any things I shouldn't do, like danger rooms?
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2011, 11:31:46 pm »

I'll give this a shot, even though I'm not incredibly experienced with vanilla DF, nevermind this clusterf**k of mods.

I'll take the hammerdwarf, named Urvad if male and Bastsan if female in honour of my favourite adventurer and his stalwart companion.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2011, 11:35:14 pm »

Eh, I don't really care what you do. Well, besides blatant fort genocide for the hell of it. We can do that once shit has hit the fan and all is lost.

If you think a danger room should be constructed, then make one. Considering the number of hostile civs it might not be the worse possible way to go about dealing with them. There's of course insane death-traps dealing with magma or crush-corridors, but yeah.

Do anything you deem best for the fort. Well, besides touching my rooms. Those are private. And barred entry for anyone, unless they buy me dinner first.

And nogoodnames: Sure, you're in. Lemme just whip up a turn list on the first post then. I guess Person will dorf your guy/girl then.

EDIT: Oh, and you don't need to worry about writing "in character". As long as we get something mildly interesting, it's all good, eh? Which is pretty much what my first year wasn't. Maybe I should have picked a more horrible location? Speaking of which, watch out for the undead giant crabs. And demikrakens. Saw some crawl about the first year but they left before I bothered to take a screenshot of the suckers.

Anyway. We got a shitload of phazon all over the place. Apparently it's ranked better than steel, so at least we got armor and weapons covered, right? Well, assuming that I read the mod description for phazon right. Since we got some iron as well we got some prime bolt/bullet material readily available. Oh yes, bullets. Our dorfs can craft guns.

Which reminds me, I gotta put down a note to buy Leb a shotgun when I can. Assuming any civ able to make shotguns made it in through the gen. For test purposes, I gen'ed a world for 100 civs. The game placed those 100 civs. I think there were some left out regardless. Only after starting a fort there for the hell of it did I think that hey, Fort Defense mod. "awwww crap".

Also, if we could find red phazon somewhere, I'm pretty sure that's all it takes to be able to make phazite. Apparently it's supposed to triumph over adamantine, so yeah.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 02:15:52 am by Ieb »

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2011, 01:14:20 pm »

I'm getting towards the end of spring. I kinda fell asleep at some point but luckily I was paused. Just letting you know. Also I dorfed you nogoodnames. Also, can building destroyers destroy upright bridges? I forgot.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 01:30:47 pm by Person »

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2011, 02:10:55 pm »

Here's the turn so far.
1st Granite. It seems the current ruler of this place has passed control over to me for some reason. It seems we've lost our farms to an ant, or something. The citizens tell me it's wounded, so I wonder why we aren't finishing it off.

2nd Granite. Our smelters are piled with bars of metal, it's a wonder we can still use them. I've ordered a stockpile dug out nearby for bars. Also, apparently the ant is on our side. This leaves me wondering why some of the farms stairs are blocked. Ordered them unblocked.

5th Granite. The miners decided now would be a perfectly good time to take a break. They're legendary or close to it, so I let them go ahead.

7th Granite. Seeing as the mason has not much else to do, I've had her dug out an office for bookkeeping.

9th Granite. No, stop that, there is no reason for a party Rovod.

11th Granite. Half this place is either on break or partying. Slackers.

14th Granite. The miners have finally decided to do their jobs.

16th Granite. The merchants left. it was a bit annoying having all our good workers stop their work to stare at breasts.

19th Granite. The bar stockpile is more or less complete. We struck some hard rock along the way unfortunately. The real problem is getting all this gryl out of the way.

21st Granite. Another sneevil got in. We've spotted some normal eagles outside. We're not sure if they'll try and kill us so we're going to keep our distance for now.

24th Granite. Our military wasn't fast enough and it got away. We didn't lose any goods though, so that's a relief.

26th Granite. We've cleared all the gryl away. Our bins apparently hold enough bars that we don't need the stockpile yet. The smelters are clean though, so that's all well and good.

29th Granite. We've started digging a bit deeper. I think we're ready, and we can always wall things off. Also, the miners call some of the rock in the caverns "very gneiss". I've resisted the urge to punch them for now.

2nd Slate. Our bookkeeper has started working. It'll be good to know what seeds we actually have for when we start farming again. That and everything else.

3rd Slate. Apparently our Sigun, our miner suffocated. Everyone's calling the stuff she dug through "meta stone" now. Canceled the project for digging deeper at the moment. (Whoops, how did I manage that I even play corrosion mod.)

6th Slate. Stop that we don't need rock blocks right now what good does that do us.

7th Slate. We've run out of logs. Now we have to go to the surface. There's no dead things out there, but there are these things called sidehoppers.

A medium-sized insectoid creature that attacks by jumping. It lacks arms or wings but its legs are very powerful and enable it to perform great leaps. He is enourmous yet skinny. His chitin is yellow. His eyes are blue.

13th Slate. We may have found a path to get through all this meta stone. With only one miner it's going to be tough work though.

15th slate. It worked! We're through to the "very gneiss" stone.

16th Slate. Oops, dug into the caverns by mistake. Flooring off now. We did see some things that way be good in the walls though, namely mithril ore. I must wonder what "dentures" are doing in the walls though, never mind bacon and toast. Unfortunately there's more hard rock too. The bookkeeper made good progress too. Also, another party. Ber, we just had one, come on. You even attended. Were you too drunk to remember or something?

22nd-25th Slate. Migrants. I see death didn't scare too many people off.
We now have:
An accomplished mechanic(female), who is also an Expert crutch walker. What does that even mean. You have both your legs why were you using crutches.
A peasant(male), who's good at flattering. Why do we need someone like this.
A female dwarf, who is proficient with axes, shields, armor, fighting, dodging, and observing, and is also a talented brewer. Now this is what I like to see. She also has a pet Magic Gosling, whatever that is.
A novice suturer(female), who is also a novice pump operator and beekeeper. She has a pet male kitten.
A female Expert butcher, who is also an accomplished Clothier and a novice Furnace operator.
A male talented cook, who is also competent with armor using, fighting, kicking, dodging, and observing. He is also an adequate butcher.
A female novice brewer, who is also a novice with many military skills. and observing. She brought a stray magic goose. That means we have a breeding pair right?
A male accomplished butcher, who is also a novice in swords, many other military skills, glazing, and observing. He has a pet magic gosling.
A female Adequete cheese maker, who is also a novice miner and diagnostician. Has a pet female meowth.
A male novice cook who is also a novice persuader. Has a pet female child vampragon.

What happens when a vampire bat is magically fused with a dragon? A vampragon happens, that's what! She is gigantic. her fur is sky blue. Her eyes are gray.

A female talented glassmaker, who is also an adequate butcher and metalsmith, and a novice siege operator. Has a pet female kitten, and a pet male bulldog puppy.
A male talented miller, who is a competent mason, novice swimmer and swordsdwarf, and many other military skills. Has a pet male meowth. Because we needed more breeding cats.
A male High master surgeon, who is also a high master wound dresser, and proficient armor user, fighter, kicker, dodger, observer, and novice animal trainer and potter.
A male hunter. Proficient dodging, competent markswarf and ambusher, adequate observer, shield user, armor user, and fighter. Has also has a lot of other skills at novice, like macedwarf. Has a pet male spaniel puppy.
A male expert wood cutter, who is also a talented carpenter and bowyer, as well as competent at trapping.
A female novice strand extractor, who is a novice in lashing, and many other military skills.
A female talented clothier, who is also a novice beekeeper and leader. Has a pet magic gosling.
A male accomplished Furnace operator, who is also competent in carpentry and military tactics.(Wait what?)
A male novice brewer, who is also a novice hammerdwarf, and many other military skills. Has a pet male metapod child. Which is apparently melting somewhat. Oh wait never mind it died. It probably shouldn't have touched the water.(The migrants are coming from the top left.)
A female High master tanner, who is an adequate swordsdwarf, shield user, armor user, fighter, dodger, observer, and leatherworker, as well as a proficient spinner.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 03:01:38 pm by Person »

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2011, 12:44:41 am »

Damn metapods, they keep melting for some reason.
Never really bothered to check why though. One less pet to suck up FPS, you know.

Also, I think that bridges that are down can be on the list of smashing for creatures with building destroyer(2).
Can't remember.

Also also, I blocked those farm stairs because they were the original stairs I made in a hurry to get underground. Removed the stairs leading up on the farm level because if they're there, it'd give invaders a beeline route to get into the fort and start messing stuff up. Never had the time to floor over the stairs leading down above the farm level though, damn undead and monstrosities kept lurking about and I didn't want to risk it.

But anyway, more soldiers? Aww yeah. Do we have gear for 'em all? Probably should invest in a military ASAP, we got more than enough warfare-metal to arm 'em and dear god probably more than enough enemies.

Also, metastone causes suffocation? Damn. I would have done the same mistake and not even realized until it would have been too late.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 01:46:28 am by Ieb »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11