Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 111

Author Topic: =-~Corrosion~-= [UPDATING] ***43.x (thanks Evil Bunny)*** <<Infected>>  (Read 230101 times)

swordomatic

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: =-~Corrosion~-= [v1.1.4] _NOW IN 34.05_
« Reply #1485 on: March 16, 2012, 03:53:57 am »

Actually... Mine killed like, three and still didn't turn.

And, unfortunately, one of them was my militia commander, a legendary fighter/swordsman, and I had to boot him. Ah, well, at least he distracted the hordes long enough for me to close the bridge. Unarmed, too.

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: March 16, 2012, 12:22:42 pm »

This is mostly a kludge though. Research on this kind of stuff is relatively new, so I'm pioneering new territory here...

This is the story of the Mod Corrosion, and its chief modder IT 000, who boldly went where no mod went before...

Also, 100 pages! *fweee!*

12oz Jesus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: March 16, 2012, 07:25:22 pm »

The "pre-installed windows version" download is named 1.1.3.  Has it in fact been updated to 1.1.4 and is mismarked or is 1.1.4 not yet available in pre-installed?

Also, in install directions it says to add files to Data > init from "tileset" folder, but tileset folder contains ONLY the .png file for the art folder.

Thanks for help, mod looks great, can't wait to play it.

crazyjake56

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: March 16, 2012, 08:42:20 pm »

Are titans still inside corrosion?

Pallbearer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: March 16, 2012, 09:26:53 pm »

They are hardcoded in.
You can set their number to zero in advanced world gen though, so give that a try. :)

crazyjake56

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: March 16, 2012, 10:28:22 pm »

Actually I just never see any in legends.

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: March 17, 2012, 12:58:20 am »

The "pre-installed windows version" download is named 1.1.3.  Has it in fact been updated to 1.1.4 and is mismarked or is 1.1.4 not yet available in pre-installed?

Also, in install directions it says to add files to Data > init from "tileset" folder, but tileset folder contains ONLY the .png file for the art folder.

Thanks for help, mod looks great, can't wait to play it.

whoops, forgot to update. there.

vorpal+5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: March 17, 2012, 06:57:53 am »

IT 000, perhaps it would be better if you found someone with good graphical skills? This would free you more time for actual modding, and appeal to more people. I'm not saying you are not doing fine, I would do far worse, but I think graphics in corrosion could be better though :)

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: March 17, 2012, 01:56:00 pm »

IT 000, perhaps it would be better if you found someone with good graphical skills? This would free you more time for actual modding, and appeal to more people. I'm not saying you are not doing fine, I would do far worse, but I think graphics in corrosion could be better though :)

Graphics are done.

I agree that my graphics don't really 'fit' sometimes, I tend to stylize my graphics. Which is why I'm enticing a friend to make graphics for me in a more realistic style as he's interested in graphics and such. No guarantees, but he's interested.

However, if any of you guys would like to make a graphics pack or such for Corrosion, please do! I'll include it in the download.

Yep, and forgotten beasts.

Things like Dragons, Ettins, Minotaurs etc, are not. I'm currently working on semi/megabeasts and I have 3 semis and 1 mega thus far.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

HapexIndustries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: March 17, 2012, 08:08:44 pm »

All my starter humies are female, this is like the third time in a row.  Am I doing something weird?  It seems statistically unlikely this would happen more than once.

swordomatic

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: March 17, 2012, 08:13:55 pm »

Hey, IT, is it possible to make a flying Megabeast? That way, it can go over the walls and screw the fort over, and it would force people to keep at least one well equiped melee squad at all times or something. Maybe a mutated eagle or something? If that virus/radiation could make the giant scorpion, I think a giant flying monster isn't that much of a stretch.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: March 17, 2012, 09:17:11 pm »

So I just lost a fort to Daunting and Spitting Undead. Daunting were really strong and that's understandable, but the spitting ones shot really really fast. Like, I saw 3 projectiles from the same one at the same time. Is this intentional?
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: March 18, 2012, 01:55:16 am »

All my starter humies are female, this is like the third time in a row.  Am I doing something weird?  It seems statistically unlikely this would happen more than once.

is that in Dwarf Therapist? because there, all castes show as female.

If it's in DF, then it's a statistical error, even though a unlikely one.

or, RP-wise, it's a PRIDE fortress *winkwink*

HapexIndustries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: March 18, 2012, 08:04:36 pm »

is that in Dwarf Therapist? because there, all castes show as female.

If it's in DF, then it's a statistical error, even though a unlikely one.

or, RP-wise, it's a PRIDE fortress *winkwink*

I guess it was in DwarfTherapist, though I went through and checked them with 'k' and they all seemed to be female there as well.  About one out of ten humies shows as a male in DT, not sure what that's about.

Anyway, total newb question for the board, but how the hell do I make cigars?  I have tobacco, I have tobacco leaves, I have tobacco leaves bags, I have a kiln and charcoal... what else do I need to make fricking cigars?  I thought my first problem was the bug with barrels, but now I'm not too sure.  If someone could please please give a step by step of making cigars I'd appreciate it.  I tried to learn from Abregado's video but he's rocking along too quick through that part to tell.

Other than that, and my miners always dying trying to dig wells, I'm enjoying this mod (just picked it up with the new DF version).  Having some difficulty breaking the habits of regular DF, ie massive earth moving plans, huge courtyards, multilevel housing, etc.

Oh, btw, cigars and collect clay both share the same hotkey in the kiln menu, 'c'.  I'm sure someone else has pointed that out, but just in case.

crazyjake56

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: March 18, 2012, 08:58:06 pm »

Keep getting these stupid mysterious deaths.
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 111